British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I  think if KK comes to the party and shakes off what was bothering him last season because clearly something wasnt right,  they will do well, might just push for a play off place on home form alone, but will probably drop short.

According to Rye website he had plated collar bone when he rode for them last year and now 100% fit . Rye's season rests on his form for me . He can be brilliant but can be dire also , lets hope the latter this season for the Rockets . Should be strong at home but away pretty suspect especially at the big tracks . Kennett being recalled a big mistake in my view , they should have tracked new blood with a couple of up and coming new faces . Time will tell but hopefully they will weld axe as last year sooner rather than later if issues and not on track for a punt at Play Offs and the title.

9 hours ago, White City Rebel said:

KK confirmed on RH twitter

that should guarantee him a warm welcome when he returns to Wimborne road this season

11 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

that should guarantee him a warm welcome when he returns to Wimborne road this season

Hopefully he rams it in your faces like last time 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Hopefully he rams it in your faces like last time

with the team we've got this season, I think will be ramming in his face

1 hour ago, Arthur Fry said:

I wouldn't be so sure

If they could ride to top form of past they would be a handful , trouble is most of time they can't now but may surprise . They should be formidable at home for sure.

13 hours ago, Goldhawk said:

He can be brilliant but can be dire also , lets hope the latter this season for the Rockets .

I think you meant the former, if you're a Rockets fan that is.

15 hours ago, Arthur Fry said:

Not impressed by the Poole side at all to be honest.. id actually fancy Ryes chances down there  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Not impressed by the Poole side at all to be honest.. id actually fancy Ryes chances down there  

You have said that since the begining but you won’t get a chance of saying “I told you so”. 

The Poole team is head and shoulders above last years lineup and baring injuries is going to kick some arse.

Rye may go through the season unbeaten at home, but Dads Army won’t be challenging for honors in 2018.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You have said that since the begining but you won’t get a chance of saying “I told you so”. 

The Poole team is head and shoulders above last years lineup and baring injuries is going to kick some arse.

Rye may go through the season unbeaten at home, but Dads Army won’t be challenging for honors in 2018.

Said the same last year then you got decimated home and away..... 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

OK lets look at last year v this year and what was said at the START of last season and rider for rider theres nothing in it.

KK V KURTZ.......................at the start of last season you would have said KK would average more than Kurtz this season

J HOLDER V WORYNA................at the start of last season you would have had Holder over Woryna every time

HANS V JOSH.................... again Hans

NEWMAN V HOLDER................no brainer Holder

KURTZ V SUNDSTROM.................Kurtz all day long

KLINDT V MS..................probably Klindt

Now obviously we know that the Poole 1-7 last season underperformed either poor management or poor track the reasons i guess.

BUT at the start of last season you and others were crowing how amazing the Poole side looked and it did and it blew up spectacularly...........................it could happen again as there are just as much doubts this season over 4-5 of the riders

Shanes v Shanes - 2018 would be an upgrade. Need to factor that in as well

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Willowman said:

I think you meant the former, if you're a Rockets fan that is.

I am and hope the former of course :) 

Edited by Goldhawk

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Said the same last year then you got decimated home and away..... 

No comparison between last years lineup and this years.

Kurtz 8.08 v Chris Harris. 7.63. Kurtz every single time. Brady improving whiles Harris, a rider I do like has been slowly slipping over the last couple of seasons.

Kacper Woryna 4.65 v Ben Barker 6.0. A world of difference between the two. Barker is more dialled into UK tracks but Woryna is going to be GP class. Woryna will finish the season with a higher average of the two.

Josh Grajczonek 7.34 V Scott Nicholls 7.48. Not much now between them though Nicholls has had an excellent career and was a top British rider for a while. Of the two Nicholls probably has the edge but its not guarenteed to be so.

Linus Sundstrom 7.22 Krzysztof Kasprzak 6.86. If KK brings his A game he should score more than Linus but if he goes into a sulk.........

Chris Holder 7.16 v Eddie Kennett 6.39. Really its Holder all the way. And I like Eddie.

Mateusz Szczepaniak 4.54 v Stuart Robson 5.72. One on the form of his career and the other a good English journeyman. Spanner is in a different league.

James Shanes  2.88 V Max Clegg 2.00. Again Shansey all the way

I make that 5/2 Poole. Just could be 6/1 if Josh ups his game slightly and Nicholls doesn’t maintain. I give KK over Sundstrom id his head is right.

I do expect Rye to be unbeaten at home but away, where is the individual improvement going to come from?

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No comparison between last years lineup and this years.

Kurtz 8.08 v Chris Harris. 7.63. Kurtz every single time. Brady improving whiles Harris, a rider I do like has been slowly slipping over the last couple of seasons.

Kacper Woryna 4.65 v Ben Barker 6.0. A world of difference between the two. Barker is more dialled into UK tracks but Woryna is going to be GP class. Woryna will finish the season with a higher average of the two.

Josh Grajczonek 7.34 V Scott Nicholls 7.48. Not much now between them though Nicholls has had an excellent career and was a top British rider for a while. Of the two Nicholls probably has the edge but its not guarenteed to be so.

Linus Sundstrom 7.22 Krzysztof Kasprzak 6.86. If KK brings his A game he should score more than Linus but if he goes into a sulk.........

Chris Holder 7.16 v Eddie Kennett 6.39. Really its Holder all the way. And I like Eddie.

Mateusz Szczepaniak 4.54 v Stuart Robson 5.72. One on the form of his career and the other a good English journeyman. Spanner is in a different league.

James Shanes  2.88 V Max Clegg 2.00. Again Shansey all the way

I make that 5/2 Poole. Just could be 6/1 if Josh ups his game slightly and Nicholls doesn’t maintain. I give KK over Sundstrom id his head is right.

I do expect Rye to be unbeaten at home but away, where is the individual improvement going to come from?

Harris beat Kurtz 5 times out of 7 races last season so yes maybe will be the better of the 2 but no foregone conclusion that he will beat Harris on either track

Barker beat Kurtz everytime as well so i cant see why Ben wouldnt do better in match races v Woryna

And in match ups i would expect Robson to easily outscore MS

Although i would expect Woryna, Kurtz and MS to have higher final averages than those you have matched them up against  would expect in head to heads it would be much closer.

I would say Rye and Wolves , although with weaker teams than Poole, will be harder sides for Poole to beat over 2 legs than say Belle Vue