British Speedway Forum

It may well be that the BSPA made an error in giving Clegg the 2 point average, and if that's the case they deserve to be criticised for it. But no fault can be attached to RH, surely? What's done is done. It's not as if the error (if that's what it is) was published just for a day or two and then corrected. It's been on the SGB website for months, and it's still there now. I'm glad I'm not a speedway promoter for many reasons (!) - but I have to say, if I were Steve Jenson and the BSPA were to refuse his team at this stage, when he has done nothing wrong, my reaction would inevitably be to ask myself "why am I bothering with all this?".

31 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

It may well be that the BSPA made an error in giving Clegg the 2 point average, and if that's the case they deserve to be criticised for it. But no fault can be attached to RH, surely? What's done is done. It's not as if the error (if that's what it is) was published just for a day or two and then corrected. It's been on the SGB website for months, and it's still there now. I'm glad I'm not a speedway promoter for many reasons (!) - but I have to say, if I were Steve Jenson and the BSPA were to refuse his team at this stage, when he has done nothing wrong, my reaction would inevitably be to ask myself "why am I bothering with all this?".

If an error has been made - then it would need to be corrected. If that means signing a new rider then so be it.

• Like 1

Well the fans complain that promoters fuss over petty rules yet all this furore over Max Clegg. Rye House's season will not depend on Max and unfortunately I don't think he will  keep his place within six weeks anyway (hope Im proved wrong).

If you want to complain about false averages the Woffinden two years ago coming in on a 7 and Worynas 4.50 a complete joke that one.

1 hour ago, White City Rebel said:

Sadly the BSPA makes these errors alarmingly too often.

The buck falls with them for sure as they are the ones making (and changing) the rules to suit. 

Rye will equally get some criticism from fans of other clubs who find signing riders on false averages as abhorrent. No one likes a team with 'ringers' in. Unless it's the home fans I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's only one person on this whole forum who begrudges  max he's average and we all know who this sad obsessed person is don't we 

6 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

There's only one person on this whole forum who begrudges  max he's average and we all know who this sad obsessed person is don't we 

Take your blinkers off and read others who have said the same.  How can anyone begrudge a rider a made up average? :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Blinkers why would I have blinkers on ? I'm a complete neutral .. Your a fool and all this forum knows it #obsessed 

That's your opinion, you don't speak for the forum. 

Stalker alert. Seems you are indeed obsessed. 

Any announcement expected for the press and practice day?

Probably waiting for the track to dry out and if any more rubbish weather is forecast 

What's the story on Aaron Summers apparently being about to sign for Rye House?  

Seems he's been trying to sort out a mechanic to help him at Rye House home meetings....strange :blink:

6 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

What's the story on Aaron Summers apparently being about to sign for Rye House?  

Seems he's been trying to sort out a mechanic to help him at Rye House home meetings....strange :blink:

Who's he supposed to be replacing then?

5 hours ago, hackneyrocket said:

Who's he supposed to be replacing then?

I can understand if he was on stand by for Bates at Leicester. 

24 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I can understand if he was on stand by for Bates at Leicester. 

Looks like L.Bjerre is taking over that spot. 

I wonder if Kennett has quit? Wanted to ride in the Championship but didn't get a ride maybe he cant live on Rye House wages?

Seems a strange situation though. Lasse Bjerre to Leicester apparently. So Summers to Rye if rumours are true.