British Speedway Forum

Perhaps this is why we've heard nothing about the 'improvements' to the stadium over the winter. Because something along the lines of 'oh by the way there's a motocross track on the centre green now,' probably wouldn't go down too well. 

Struggling to see how fans are going to be able to see the whole of the track. Speedway races are far too short to be one of those motorsports where you only see part of the circuit. Seeing the whole thing is a big part of the uniqueness of the product. When I saw it I immediately thought of this (1.48-2.12): 

• Haha 1

Old people dont like change thats prob with speedway

Get rid of bspa we might have a chance to save speedway

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, barraider said:

I wish people would wake up, theres no tv money gone from 90000 a yr to 9000 and bspa?have taken that care of buster

Without other financial sources speedway will not run!!!

Mx arena is watched by 10000+@ 25 person say rye house get 4000@25 pp 4/5 times on a saturday night plus food/drink it aint rocket science

Support bmr 

I do or go to a stadium which is poor viewing and soulless like lakeside

I can give you a lift if you like?

Yep. Because a motocross track on the centre green will give us great viewing...

Just now, barraider said:

To be fair ben it only affects back straight opposite start line

I can't see how it won't also cause problems on the home straight too.

Edited by Ben91

Just need to stand on bends 1/2 or 3/4 or any home straight stands to see the action

I think bmr had no option to actually make speedway happen after tv deal or no deal probs

Its quite suprising what you can see from close to fence to home straight

Even though you get the annoying people that stand in way of the start line there;)

• Like 1

You cant keep everyone happy,it dosn't happen at least we own our own stadium a few teams could hit probs this yr without good backing and loss of tv money

Its a shame some people have been creaming the money in at bspa and others over the yrs regarding tv money

Ie russel and chapman 

Bent as f$$k comes to mind☺

8 minutes ago, barraider said:

Just need to stand on bends 1/2 or 3/4 or any home straight stands to see the action

I think bmr had no option to actually make speedway happen after tv deal or no deal probs

5 minutes ago, barraider said:

Its quite suprising what you can see from close to fence to home straight

Even though you get the annoying people that stand in way of the start line there;)

There must have been options other than what we have on the centre green now. If funds were a problem then we should have stuck to or reverted to second tier racing. 

If only we had a press and practice so fans could go for free and see what the viewing is like. It's a shock to see and an eyesore. If it doesn't damage the viewing and is a revenue stream then all well and good. But I can't see how that'd be the case. I hope I'm wrong. The other concern of course is also whether it is actually within the rules!

Looks to me like the best view to be had now is from the top of the jump in the middle of the track! 

Edited by Ben91

Ben i will stand with you on the top of the jump

2nd tier racing aint much different in pricing riders or crowds

Either way no tv deal in 2nd tier which now matches top tier

Other sources are needed, i would like a ground like a polish track but im realistic

7 hours ago, barraider said:

Ben i will stand with you on the top of the jump

2nd tier racing aint much different in pricing riders or crowds

Either way no tv deal in 2nd tier which now matches top tier

Other sources are needed, i would like a ground like a polish track but im realistic

All I can say is well done BMR - so many problems now for speedway - any club that owns its own stadium has to now find ways of keeping a steady income no stadium  can survive only being used 16 times in a year.  The tv money is now virtually non-existent so what do stadium owners do? I was watching practice at the track last Sunday and yes I did find it a bit odd watching but I moved to somewhere where I could see properly and after a few minutes I did not really notice the new track as I could see a full lap perfectly well.  The mx track hopefully will bring in extra income and keep speedway going because I can assure everyone that speedway still runs at a loss despite the larger crowd.  In a way the mx track has already served its purpose as a new sponsor has come along because of it.  I still think we have a very  good team (perhaps other riders could have been used and everyone always knows best about who should be riding for us) - I know many avenues were explored to put a team together (it is so easy to say we should have ???? in the team etc BUT QUITE RIGHTLY many of the reasons why certain riders are not here are not made public but it does not mean that they were not considered ).

I for one will be there supporting our 7 riders as long as speedway exists at Rye - I also guess the  track inspection by the BSPA was passed on Thursday as I am sure the website was updated after it. So BRING IT ON lets hope for a good successful and very safe season for all the riders of all the clubs.

It's all very well saying you moved to somewhere else after a few minutes and then had a perfectly good view of the track but how can everyone move to somewhere else if other fans are already standing there so its obvious not everyone is going to get a decent view of the track. It's a shame the practice you attended on Sunday wasnt made common knowledge on the Rye website then we could all have gone and seen for ourselves what is ahead.  As for the rules they state essential equipment should be placed as near to the centre of the inner green as possible, as a meeting cannot take place without paramedics in attendance I assume their medical equipment comes under that ruling so are they expected to sit on top of a pile of mud. I love my speedway and will be at Rye for the first meeting and will decide from there whether I will be giving them my hard earned cash after that.

• Like 1

I think there will be enough room for 500-1000 fans to get a view of the entire race. That’s all that is needed these days - unfortunately. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

It's all very well saying you moved to somewhere else after a few minutes and then had a perfectly good view of the track but how can everyone move to somewhere else if other fans are already standing there so its obvious not everyone is going to get a decent view of the track. It's a shame the practice you attended on Sunday wasnt made common knowledge on the Rye website then we could all have gone and seen for ourselves what is ahead.  As for the rules they state essential equipment should be placed as near to the centre of the inner green as possible, as a meeting cannot take place without paramedics in attendance I assume their medical equipment comes under that ruling so are they expected to sit on top of a pile of mud. I love my speedway and will be at Rye for the first meeting and will decide from there whether I will be giving them my hard earned cash after that.

know exactly what you mean - the practice was not an official p and p but just a session that  happens most Sundays for all speedway riders (amateur and pro) - everyone will be able to see but may have to stand in a different place than usual - remember all the fuss about people not being able to see when air fences were introduced at all tracks - they are just accepted now 

2 minutes ago, startline sid said:

know exactly what you mean - the practice was not an official p and p but just a session that  happens most Sundays for all speedway riders (amateur and pro) - everyone will be able to see but may have to stand in a different place than usual - remember all the fuss about people not being able to see when air fences were introduced at all tracks - they are just accepted now 

I still fail to see how the BSPA will be able to pass the track/stadium especially after reading rules 9.2.4 and 9.2.5.1

I know speedway is losing fans and tracks need to make money but these alterations seem to me to be about making money rather than keeping the Speedway at Rye alive. 

If any refs padt or present are reading these posts your point of view would be interesting to hear.

41 minutes ago, startline sid said:

All I can say is well done BMR - so many problems now for speedway - any club that owns its own stadium has to now find ways of keeping a steady income no stadium  can survive only being used 16 times in a year.  The tv money is now virtually non-existent so what do stadium owners do? I was watching practice at the track last Sunday and yes I did find it a bit odd watching but I moved to somewhere where I could see properly and after a few minutes I did not really notice the new track as I could see a full lap perfectly well.  The mx track hopefully will bring in extra income and keep speedway going because I can assure everyone that speedway still runs at a loss despite the larger crowd.  In a way the mx track has already served its purpose as a new sponsor has come along because of it.  I still think we have a very  good team (perhaps other riders could have been used and everyone always knows best about who should be riding for us) - I know many avenues were explored to put a team together (it is so easy to say we should have ???? in the team etc BUT QUITE RIGHTLY many of the reasons why certain riders are not here are not made public but it does not mean that they were not considered ).

I for one will be there supporting our 7 riders as long as speedway exists at Rye - I also guess the  track inspection by the BSPA was passed on Thursday as I am sure the website was updated after it. So BRING IT ON lets hope for a good successful and very safe season for all the riders of all the clubs.

Not everyone will be able to do that if the crowds are anything like last year. Those who can't see very well will think twice about attending again. 

Other riders could have been used indeed and forums are a place to discuss that. People are allowed to have an opinion on these things. If the reasons we haven't got X rider in the team is he is too expensive, it is not wrong to say so, if he is an arrogant git, making too many demands, or just a plain arse then it is absolutely fine to say so. It is 2018. We don't need censorship. The majority of fans will appreciate being told rather than speculating. This isn't Rye specific but speedway fans tend to be like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed s*** and yet some happily accept it because that is the way it has always been. 

The attitude of 'at least we have speedway to watch' is a big part of the reason the sport is dying. 

Just because the BSPA were there on Thursday it doesn't mean much in this sport. The rules change on a weekly basis at times, one was literally changed within the last week. You should know that by now Sid. 

• Like 2