British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, tocha said:

Rye supporters should be encouraged to learn that KK scored a 15 point maximum in Poland yesterday (Gorzow v Torun).

Excellent and the competition for that would be in another league completely to here .

Only after Jack (Mr.Loyalty 2017) Holder pulled off the nastiest piece of fencing since they demolished Exeter in his fourth ride.

I see Kings Lynn have already cancelled tomorrows meeting and looking at the weather forecast I reckon Rye v Leicester is looking doubtful as well.  I know Steve Jenson tries hard to get the meetings on but perhaps its better to make an early decision to cancel  than to start the meeting and have to stop at heat 10 which most fans hate as scores can change dramatically in the last 5 heats.  All I want is for this bl??dy  rain to stop so the speedway season can actually get started.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hammer1969 said:

I see Kings Lynn have already cancelled tomorrows meeting and looking at the weather forecast I reckon Rye v Leicester is looking doubtful as well.  I know Steve Jenson tries hard to get the meetings on but perhaps its better to make an early decision to cancel  than to start the meeting and have to stop at heat 10 which most fans hate as scores can change dramatically in the last 5 heats.  All I want is for this bl??dy  rain to stop so the speedway season can actually get started.

The forecast seems to imply light rain up to mid-afternoon. With the weather beginning to warm up and also a decent day today from lunchtime it might be OK. Yesterday I counted up the number of scheduled fixtures to date - 56, 37 of which had been rained off!

5 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Rye will be on tomorrow

11 hours ago, SteveTeamBMR said:

Rye will be on tomorrow

Really hope the weather holds up for you and the team think us fans all have everything crossed 

I'm not usually one to make negative comments (so now you know one is coming) - we all realise no-one is making money from speedway in this country, we should be grateful for any track continuing to run, etc...but...

RH have achieved something that I wouldn't have believed possible. They have actually made the 'stadium' worse. That monstrosity of wooden planks held together with iron bars near the start line has to be a late April Fool joke, surely?

And I do hope the ArenaCross(?) track in the middle brings in some decent money, because from a speedway fan's point of view, it makes the place look dreadful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know how long Eddie is going to be out for?

6 hours ago, KevH said:

Reports suggest he'll be back for the next meeting.

Ok thanks 

7 hours ago, KevH said:

Reports suggest he'll be back for the next meeting.

And at reserve too according to the latest averages. Could be a trump card at home. 

12 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

And at reserve too according to the latest averages. Could be a trump card at home. 

We were told earlier in the year that rolling averages were being reset and everyone had to complete 4H 4A. Seems like another mid season change to the rule book! It makes sense, but more madness decision making in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

We were told earlier in the year that rolling averages were being reset and everyone had to complete 4H 4A. Seems like another mid season change to the rule book! It makes sense, but more madness decision making in the first place.

Some averages do seem to have changed on the BSPA website.

What a mess and sadly all too predictable. The side when announced was crap and they have proven it on track.

Needs to be taken apart and start again with riders now out injured. Only one who should be kept on is KK. The rest are offering nothing.

• Like 1