British Speedway Forum

When Stefan signed for Poole he used his old 2016 EDR average of 3.67 and not his more up to date CL average of 5.53 divided by 1.3. 

Averages this year, as always, are a bit fluid and more than likely depends on who’s asking. 

If you have a rider in mind think what average Belle Vue would get him on then Poole, then pick somewhere in the middle for everyone else. 

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

A rider uses his most recent average, which in this case would be a converted CL average attained in 2018 rather than a 2017 average.

Would explain why nobody has taken a punt on Auty if this is the case. Strange that Poole signed Nielsen on an old average though, Kildemand too for that matter. 

I am pretty sure Stefan's 5.53 average is from 2016 at Plymouth. He did not receive a new average in 2017 as he did not complete 2 meetings before his injury.

He, therefore, had 2 averages in 2016 of which his EL(now Premiership) average takes priority.

Edited by IronScorpion

4 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Would explain why nobody has taken a punt on Auty if this is the case. Strange that Poole signed Nielsen on an old average though, Kildemand too for that matter. 

Not really strange, it’s the most recent average - that could be quite a while ago if injury or seasons away from the UK are taken into account.

19 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Not really strange, it’s the most recent average - that could be quite a while ago if injury or seasons away from the UK are taken into account.

Sure I saw over the winter that riders who hadn't raced here in 2017 and had been in the GPs would be reassessed as nine pointers in the Premiership and Kildemand wasn't. If Nielsen didn't get an average in 2017 then fair enough, although the race format used when the EDR system was in place gave skewed averages. 

I see a new list of Green Sheet Averages dated 4 June drops Aaron Summers down to 5.44.

Can I just say at this point that I worked for 30+ years in the finance industry, and was pretty good at my job. Nevertheless, I am never confident that I have the required level of intelligence to understand fully how speedway averages work. So perhaps someone can help me out here?!

I'm assuming that Edward Kennett will be out of action for some time, and that Rye House will be looking to replace him. With KK on 7.78, Nicholls 7.75, Harris 6.92, Robson (assuming he comes back) 5.80, Summers 5.44, Clegg 2.00, that gives a total (without Kennett) of 35.69. Am I right in thinking this means RH have up to 6.81 to replace Kennett?

1 hour ago, White City Rebel said:

I see a new list of Green Sheet Averages dated 4 June drops Aaron Summers down to 5.44.

Can I just say at this point that I worked for 30+ years in the finance industry, and was pretty good at my job. Nevertheless, I am never confident that I have the required level of intelligence to understand fully how speedway averages work. So perhaps someone can help me out here?!

I'm assuming that Edward Kennett will be out of action for some time, and that Rye House will be looking to replace him. With KK on 7.78, Nicholls 7.75, Harris 6.92, Robson (assuming he comes back) 5.80, Summers 5.44, Clegg 2.00, that gives a total (without Kennett) of 35.69. Am I right in thinking this means RH have up to 6.81 to replace Kennett?

That is correct. If Kennett's average was higher than 6.81, they could replace him upto whatever his current average was.

9 minutes ago, Najjer said:

That is correct. If Kennett's average was higher than 6.81, they could replace him upto whatever his current average was.

Thanks Najjer

Am I also right in thinking that if RH were to replace him with guests on a match-by-match basis, they can only bring in someone up to Kennett's present average (5.27)?

1 hour ago, White City Rebel said:

Am I also right in thinking that if RH were to replace him with guests on a match-by-match basis, they can only bring in someone up to Kennett's present average (5.27)?

A guest facility wouldn’t be available as Kennett is not in the top three of the Club averages - RR only to replace him.

As there is a break in the fixtures and with Kennetts injury it would be a good time to have a freshen up of the team. Clearly the jump up is too far for Clegg (no complaint of effort though)

how about looking at the June averages in the Championship to see if there are any "bargain" averages. Mr Team Manager here is your chance to shine.

Erik Riss would be a good signing if he could be fitted in, good on large and small tracks.

Message for Peter Schroeck

Please sign Matej Kus for No 7 (ave about 3.50) tonight at Scunthorpe he beat Auty, Garrity, Morris Howarth and Kurtz (cant see Clegg doing that)

Is Nick Covati eligible to race in this league? If so what, would his average be?

1 hour ago, hackneyrocket said:

Is Nick Covati eligible to race in this league? If so what, would his average be?

Based on his Championship average, I would reckon 4.85

• Like 1