British Speedway Forum

Simon Lambert, Carl Wilkinson & James Shanes are the best names I can come up with to replace Clegg!

• Like 1

I'm a bit young to remember Kelvin Mullarky but i've seen a little of him on VHS and my Dad always had fond memories of him (said he was a hard rider). RIP Kelvin xx

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Simon Lambert, Carl Wilkinson & James Shanes are the best names I can come up with to replace Clegg!

No thanks. All 3 of them will struggle more then Max to get around Rye. With 3.81 points to play with should the promotion go back to looking at getting Ben Morley back if his average fits. He's riding the best I've seen him at the moment scoring well for both Lakeside & IOW. He has improved on his averages in both the Championship & National leagues with a 5.16 ave in the CL & a 10.40 ave in the NL.  Also as a No 7 will score more around Rye than any of  the 3 mentioned above. 

Edited by dave1075
Corrections

5 minutes ago, dave1075 said:

No thanks. All 3 of them will struggle more then Max to get around Rye. With 3.81 points to play with should the promotion go back to looking at getting Ben Morley back in if his average fits. He's riding the best I've seen him at the moment scoring well for both Lakeside & IOW. Also as a No 7 will score more around Rye than any of  the 3 mentioned above. 

Ben Morley would come into Prem on a 3.97 ave (5.16 / 1.3) wouldn't fit in place of Clegg!

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Ben Morley would come into Prem on a 3.97 ave (5.16 / 1.3) wouldn't fit in place of Clegg!

Ellis Perks is back racing in UK his pem average fits 3.80

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tezza said:

Ellis Perks is back racing in UK his pem average fits 3.80

Should get him back in the team, did everything that was asked of him last year and got the push.

• Like 1

The spare points need using to make the top five stronger. Pointless using them on a 3.80 rider who will make little difference.

Sorry to bang on about Matej Kus but at 3.80 he is a bargain last night he beat Ricky Wells twice at Wells home track. His low average wont be for long

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Sorry to bang on about Matej Kus but at 3.80 he is a bargain last night he beat Ricky Wells twice at Wells home track. His low average wont be for long

Matej Kus on that average is indeed a bargain but would he be available for all of Rye`s Wednesday meeting as I think the Czech league runs on that night and Kus is part of the Marketa Prague squad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, screm said:

Matej Kus on that average is indeed a bargain but would he be available for all of Rye`s Wednesday meeting as I think the Czech league runs on that night and Kus is part of the Marketa Prague squad.

Good point, I don't know but there are not many meetings in Prague and we have signed NBJ (I am pleased with this signing) who rides in the Danish League on Wednesdays. So it seems that teams do accommodate a certain amount of clashes.

I'm not sure where the rules stand on this this season but surely it would have been in our interests to let NBJ 'go' without gaining a Premiership average and then singing him again in a few weeks time on his converted Championship average which would see him on a 4.42 as opposed to his current 5. 

Kus would be a gamble. Very similar to KK (albeit not ability wise) in the fact that if things are going his way he can be a decent rider. The move to Rye helped KK last season, if we could do the same with Kus then he'd be worth a punt. I'd rather gamble on Kus than bring back Morley or Perks. And he can't be worse than Clegg.

4 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Good point, I don't know but there are not many meetings in Prague and we have signed NBJ (I am pleased with this signing) who rides in the Danish League on Wednesdays. So it seems that teams do accommodate a certain amount of clashes.

Where does it say Rye have signed NBJ, and in place of who.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:59 AM, screm said:

Re Kus on a 3.80 see below

16.2.5 The Assessed MA's for new Riders to the SGB Premiership & Championship League racing is: Cat 1 as per the grading List Cat 2  as per grading list Cat 3  2.00 16.2.6 No rider with a current or previously assessed MA, other than a category 3 rider, can drop below 4.00 at any time during the season.