British Speedway Forum

Charles Wright now gone from Somerset. The sort of rider we could do with. Our top five so inconsistent away from home and for example our new No1 picks up 2 points away at Lynn. But you get what you pay for I suppose and in our case over the last three years not very much

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, westhamboy66 said:

Charles Wright now gone from Somerset. The sort of rider we could do with. Our top five so inconsistent away from home and for example our new No1 picks up 2 points away at Lynn. But you get what you pay for I suppose and in our case over the last three years not very much

“Get what you pay for” ...ask any of the team who’s getting paid  at all.!!!?? 

• Like 1

To be honest, with the awful crowd levels at rye this season. I'm surprised the plug wasn't pulled after the Lynn TV meeting.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:34 PM, szkocjasid said:

Simon Lambert, Carl Wilkinson & James Shanes are the best names I can come up with to replace Clegg!

Of those three I feel confident that only Shanes will do the job for you, if he is available.

And after last night KK needs to be put over someone's knee and given 50 hard ones for being a big kid! I know in the world of today we can't do that but perhaps being sacked would do for cheating all then fans who paid hoping to see him race.

Edited by waytogo28

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

To be honest, with the awful crowd levels at rye this season. I'm surprised the plug wasn't pulled after the Lynn TV meeting.

Going back in to the championship with saturday night racing must be a strong possibility.

We were warned about KK when he signed. His inconsistency drives you mad. Most of the Rockets side have been up and down all season. In fact the only consistent  rider had been Max Clegg. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

KK now at number 1!!  Now you know what most Poole fans felt like last year!!

5 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Of those three I feel confident that only Shanes will do the job for you, if he is available.

And after last night KK needs to be put over someone's knee and given 50 hard ones for being a big kid! I know in the world of today we can't do that but perhaps being sacked would do for cheating all then fans who paid hoping to see him race.

Shanes and Rye is not a good fit. He’s not a point and a half better than Clegg’s 2 point average so to sign him would be stupid. 

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

KK now at number 1!!  Now you know what most Poole fans felt like last year!!

At least we didn’t sign him on an 11 odd average!

Edited by Ben91
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NickH114 said:

Going back in to the championship with saturday night racing must be a strong possibility.

It's the only option.

Crowd levels were poor on saturday nights for years in lens days (In old prem league days), same teams coming to rye yr after yr .

The solution last yr was to go top flight on a sat night was met with great crowds, best levels since the 70s

Then the fixed race night has ruined it and the bspa, i dont know the solution now prob too much damage has been done to british speedway now.

5 minutes ago, barraider said:

Crowd levels were poor on saturday nights for years in lens days (In old prem league days), same teams coming to rye yr after yr .

The solution last yr was to go top flight on a sat night was met with great crowds, best levels since the 70s

Then the fixed race night has ruined it and the bspa, i dont know the solution now prob too much damage has been done to british speedway now.

You run a business in the entertainment industry and are having some success by opening on a Saturday night...

Therefore, to grow the business further, you choose to close your doors on a Saturday and instead open them on a Wednesday night....?

Who would have thought that this could possibly fail?:rolleyes:

Wow!..:blink:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I think they have about a £30,000 bond which a promotion forfeits if they pull out. I understand there is at least one other PL club. Looking seriously at CL next year .

12 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

I think they have about a £30,000 bond which a promotion forfeits if they pull out. I understand there is at least one other PL club. Looking seriously at CL next year .

I reckon the losses will be a lot more than 30k at numerous tracks by the end of the season.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 2:08 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

A world without Mudlark? No thanks. The first rider to show a desire and commitment to the Rockets, apart from Brian  Foote. What an inspiration! 

This kid turned up from Lynn and the back of his helmet long before Silver and Crane had resolved 

their latest spat "Rye House Rockets

(EDIT: Since I posted the above rather fractured comments I have been hospitalised with a massive chest infection and a sky-high temperature. Looking back at things I was up to immediately before it was just in time too! Apologies for the more than usually confused gibberish - the following is what I really wanted to post. 

A world without Mudlark? No thanks. Kelvin was the first rider apart from opening 1974 number one Brian Foote to show a genuine desire and commitment to the Rockets. We'd lost Rayleigh in early 1974, struggled into our new home with a scratch team then saw most of the old Rayleigh Rockets turning out for Crayford when they reopened in 1975.  These were dark times for the loyal teeth-kicked Rayleigh fans.

Then this kid turned up from King's Lynn. He couldn't sign for us straight away  due to a typical spat between Cyril Crane and Len Silver but there on the back of his helmet it was for all to see. It read simply "Rye House Rockets".

At last somebody cared!

Kelvin's signing was the beginning of the golden years. As 1975 progressed so Karl Fiala came through, then Bob Garrad to join Kelvin as heatleaders. What a side!.  It was easy to lose Mudlark in that sea of stars. Well, we didn't - nobody else had a Kelvin Mullarkey!

We had been so proud of our Rayleigh Rockets, now we could say with equal pride "We are the Rye House Rockets"