British Speedway Forum

Well the source who told me will most certainly know. 

Very sad. Hope they can come back next season on a night they feel happy with. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

So is it confirmed or pure speculation??

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

So is it confirmed or pure speculation??

I don't think even Shovlar could be that cruel to post it if he wasn't certain. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't think even Shovlar could be that cruel to post it if he wasn't certain. 

My point is it’s not official anywhere, so at this stage it’s speculation. 

Tine will tell if a ‘source’ proves right.

FAT lady not signing yet but she is certainly doing her warm up. Fear there will be more to come before October. British speedway is in a very parlous state right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

FAT lady not signing yet but she is certainly doing her warm up. Fear there will be more to come before October. British speedway is in a very parlous state right now.

Very true , many tracks seem to be well down on attendances, not helped by race nights and disjointed fixture list

If the team are unable to continue and that in itself is a sad state of affairs and the blame must sit with the BSPA who voted through the changes that have had such a detrimental affect on clubs and in turn lead to supporters not turning up on ‘off’ race nights one must hope that the speedway track is retained and perhaps an open licence can be granted to run some individual meetings and possibly share with short track until something more permanent can be sorted out. The sport really has hit a nadir and those in charge should hang their collective heads in shame. Time to have an emergency BSPA meeting, sort it out now and not November and allow clubs to revert to race nights that offer the  best chance of getting punters through the gate and clubs generating some income. Sod Poland and the other nations, start thinking of number one. Are you listening BSPA?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Fat Lady certainly clearing her throat.

I expect the fixed race nights will be binned in next seve days.

Swindon didn’t have to comply and I expect the mushroom growers are busy right now concocting a fudge.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I commented on here a couple of months ago that the fixed race nights were harming my club, only to receive a snide tweet about my observations on the matter. No one is laughing now. If the news is true, hope Rye come back in 2019.

Edited by mikec

3 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

If the team are unable to continue and that in itself is a sad state of affairs and the blame must sit with the BSPA who voted through the changes that have had such a detrimental affect on clubs and in turn lead to supporters not turning up on ‘off’ race nights one must hope that the speedway track is retained and perhaps an open licence can be granted to run some individual meetings and possibly share with short track until something more permanent can be sorted out. The sport really has hit a nadir and those in charge should hang their collective heads in shame. Time to have an emergency BSPA meeting, sort it out now and not November and allow clubs to revert to race nights that offer the  best chance of getting punters through the gate and clubs generating some income. Sod Poland and the other nations, start thinking of number one. Are you listening BSPA?

I'm gonna defend the BSPA a bit. Yes they are a p!$$ poor organisation but the issue has to be with the naivety of Rye's promoters. 

Us fans have been screaming for fixed race night's for years. Now we've got them there is always going to be teething problems. 

In hindsight we should have gone with 3 night's rather than the 2.

I think we should stick with fixed race night's and add the Friday to it.

Belle Vue and Somerset would obviously prefer. Hopefully Rye House can return in 2019 and go with Friday too. 

Maybe we can increase the size of the Premiership and include Sheffield and Ipswich to the league.

With such a change thing's have to be tried and tested. 2018 has failed, hopefully 2019 will be a progressive season.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well the source who told me will most certainly know. 

Very sad. Hope they can come back next season on a night they feel happy with. 

Sad day ,if true. Hope your source is wrong, but I don't think you would post it, if it wasn't good info. :sad:

7 minutes ago, jchapman said:

I feared a few clubs would hit the wall this season after seeing the outcome of the AGM.

When I was in 'the club' I was always amazed at the amount of ideas coming from promoters which increased costs and when ever I had an idea that increased revenue they would turn their nose up.

Seems the boat has now sailed and nothing but a complete reset will fix the mess the sport is now in. 

When the whole lot collapses I may put a plan together for a few clubs to break away and start a new league based around British riders on club supplied equipment with standard engines.

Numbers drawn out of a hat for who rides what bike before the start of a race with team selections made after practice.

From there the sport can grow again.

SOME good thoughts there JC

• Like 2