British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Vince said:

They've released the relevant information, the match has been postponed.

Everything else is gossip and while it may or may not be the whole or part of the truth there's no point fuelling gossip until you can provide definitive answers.

Well what else can people say if they cba to release a statement so unprofessional they are well aware its being talked about so why the delay in information 

I read somewhere last week that one of Rhys management team was under investigation for financial irregularities. It might have something to do with last nights meeting being postponed.

What a day for Rye House Speedway with the funeral of the greatest bar none.

Great Eulogy from Steve Ribbons, a fan through and through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince said:

Everything else is gossip and while it may or may not be the whole or part of the truth there's no point fuelling gossip until you can provide definitive answers.

After initially stating that the meeting was cancelled, maybe someone had a word and told them to change the release.

2 hours ago, Vince said:

Postponed? Their social media still says cancelled. 

And we know cancelled means the meeting will never take place.

Rye House and the BSPA must be fully aware of the speculation but are saying nothing, in their usual way.

Both club and the BSPA have no idea whatsoever of crisis management.

If they don't care – why should supporters?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Vince, if only if we're just gossip. All will be revealed in due course. When situations are this serious you can't t just go blabbing prematurely. No, it's not a case of "I know something you don't", it's called being responsible and respecting confidences. The easy way out would in fact be to let you all speculate and whinge.  Some times you simply have to wait.

Wasn't that the point I was making? 

You have to wait until there is something factual to report. 

Not a clue what you think I said!

Whilst some may think least said soonest mended, generally the wall of silence just leads to more speculation. Then again possibly they have no idea what to say!!!

I would expect to see one change soon but can't see Nicholls or Bomber due to the fact the Rye won't release their riders in time for the cut off.

26 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Postponed? Their social media still says cancelled. 

And we know cancelled means the meeting will never take place.

Rye House and the BSPA must be fully aware of the speculation but are saying nothing, in their usual way.

Both club and the BSPA have no idea whatsoever of crisis management.

If they don't care – why should supporters?

Twitter says "cancelled" Rye website says "postponed" and posts on this forum I think have probably come up with every senario in the book.  The only thing for certain is Rye have a problem and whether talks which must be going on behind the scenes are to sort out legalities of folding or talks to try to save the club before any further announcements are made I feel some of the online speculation is doing nothing to help matters.  Yes we all want to know what has or is happening but we will just have to be patient there is no point in the Promoters or the BSPA saying anything until they have something concrete to say -  be it good news or  bad.  Rye's next meeting is supposed to be next Wednesday 4th July at Somerset so I think we should hear some further news by Tuesday.

46 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I would expect to see one change soon but can't see Nicholls or Bomber due to the fact the Rye won't release their riders in time for the cut off.

When is the cut off?

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

When is the cut off?

I wouldn't  think of it out of respect..But it is Poole

This posted by Steve Jensen on Facebook

"A statement will be put out as soon as we ourselves know what is happening.
Wednesday’s crowd levels is a mayor concern, we are doing what we can to rectify and keep Rye House going."

So it sounds like they want Saturday's racing back 

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Going fishing?

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Another, think of winning at all costs

Don't matter if there's 3 in the league as long as Poole win it....

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wouldn't  think of it out of respect..But it is Poole

I meant Poole doing any signings, did I say Rye House riders? You really make a meal out of nothing don't you!