British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Would it really of been that difficult to say something along those lines with their postponement announcement on Tuesday? It just shows how clueless people within Speedway are when it comes to PR. I think 99% of people would of accepted that they are looking to resolve it and wished them well, but the whole "say nothing" approach and keep the fans (the ones who they are going to be desperate for in the coming weeks) is idiotic in my opinion. 

Exactly right.  We don't all do Facebook and the short statement put on there by Steve Jenson  last night was probably because they were aware Somerset were putting out news of next weeks postponement.  The Facebook statement should have been put on the Rye website for all to see. I sincerely hope the club does not fold and I hope that  there are ongoing talks behind the scenes to try to resolve the situation. Perhaps reverting back to Saturday night racing will help because every club has different needs and their Promoters should be able to decide which night will be best for them to run as I see we are not the only club suffering from lower crowds since frn was brought in.  If it means no big name riders in the teams, of which there aren't many now anyway, then so be it, I would rather have the same  team of committed riders to call "my team" that I can support knowing that win or lose they tried.

• Like 1

The trouble is,reverting to Saturday’s might give the opposition teams a headache as some of their riders have commitments elsewhere.Things were agreed at an AGM,so surely you need to agreement of all participants in the league for this sort of change?

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The trouble is,reverting to Saturday’s might give the opposition teams a headache as some of their riders have commitments elsewhere.Things were agreed at an AGM,so surely you need to agreement of all participants in the league for this sort of change?

Does it REALLY matter if some teams might be a rider short if Rye House run on a Saturday or Belle Vue on a Friday or Swindon on a Thursday.

Does it REALLY matter if your team finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th

I suggest it REALLY matters that 8 teams finish the season at the correct time

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

It probably will cause quite a few headaches but people now need to sit down urgently and sort out this mess as clubs are suffering and us fans are losing our teams before any more go to the wall.

• Like 1

Why is SWINDON being allowed to run outwith  PL fixed race nights and RYE HOUSE cant so looks like some can do what they want and others cant

Because Thursdays were included in the original agreement before it was changed to Wednesdays 

• Like 1

Not sure if this is correct but I am under the impression Rye promotion did not get a vote at the last AGM as they had not been promoters for a certain amount of time. If that is the case it's bl..dy ridiculous. If people are "officially" promoting/running a club they should have a vote at all decision making meetings.  If anyone can enlighten me further on this please feel free to do so.

35 minutes ago, iris123 said:

How is reverting to Saturdays for home meetings relevant when the club is 'unable' to fulfil its fixture at Somerset next Wednesday?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Not sure if this is correct but I am under the impression Rye promotion did not get a vote at the last AGM as they had not been promoters for a certain amount of time. If that is the case it's bl..dy ridiculous. If people are "officially" promoting/running a club they should have a vote at all decision making meetings.  If anyone can enlighten me further on this please feel free to do so.

I believe Belle Vue didn’t have a vote for that reason in which case not many did vote.

2 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

I believe Belle Vue didn’t have a vote for that reason in which case not many did vote.

And Belle Vue also had to change their race night and their crowds are down as well.  

3 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

And Belle Vue also had to change their race night and their crowds are down as well.  

Crowds are down at Poole and that has nothing to do with FRN

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KrisB said:

4 minutes ago, KrisB said:

Maybe so but frn does appear to be affecting other clubs including Rye House, it may not be the whole problem Rye have at the moment but it certainly is doing more harm than good for us.

2 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Maybe so but frn does appear to be affecting other clubs including Rye House, it may not be the whole problem Rye have at the moment but it certainly is doing more harm than good for us.

I feel for the club and hope something can be done to allow your season to be completed. But I fear for the future of the sport I've followed for over 40 years 

2 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

The following from Somerset Website.

"Somerset Speedway regret to announce that due to pending internal problems at BMR Rye House Rockets, it has been necessary to postpone next weeks meeting at The Oaktree Arena on Weds July 4th.

We would like to emphasise that the circumstances are beyond our club's control and apologise to any fans and of course our sponsors for this postponement, but the decision to cancel has been taken early to try and mitigate any inconvenience to our patrons.

We hope to be able to accommodate Rye House to the Oaktree later in the season."

It does seem odd that because Rye want to race their home meetings on a Saturday they are unable to fulfill an away fixture.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

It does seem odd that because Rye want to race their home meetings on a Saturday they are unable to fulfill an away fixture.

Probably because they have not got any money available to pay their riders.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1