British Speedway Forum

A saturday night meeting is over (unless there is a hold up) by 9 - 9.30 in most cases, with Rye House being close to the London airports getting to Poland on a sunday shouldn't be too much of an issue, it wasn't last season, no different to racing on a monday evening and getting to Sweden to race the next day surely, Freddie Lindgren did it for years.

Ok going to give you all a serious post now. No joking around.

Personally I would let Rye House have the Saturday race night back ASAP. Yes patched up teams and an unfair advantage would be a joke but at least we haven't lost a club to British Speedway.

I say let teams actually have a facility for a missing rider/riders who have a Polish commitment and then that's fair. Rye House remain in the league. Teams are granted a facility for a missing rider or riders then we take it from there.

British Speedway simply cannot afford to lose yet another club and tbh fixed race nights will 100% be scrapped next year anyway because clubs will not agree to it due to finances.

This is the final era of British Speedway and it would be a massive shame if it was to end with club's folding one after the other. 

2 options patched up opposition for 4 months or lose a club all together. Easy decision and that's patched up teams.

Message for everyone. With every club that folds it's one step closer to your club shutting down not because of finances. It's because you wont have anyone to race against. 

Apart from Glasgow teams will not step up from the Championship to replace the Premiership teams. 

This is a time when people need to stop being selfish and look at the bigger picture. It's time to put Rye House first now and not our own clubs. 

We're at a time where there is no shining light at the end of the tunnel. It's all about survival and taking it year by year until the final day and the final nail gets hammered in.

No point talking about 1 big league next year and all that because it's not going to happen for a number of reasons. Which I wont get into because this is a Rye House thread.

All I'm saying is go back to basics now and just see out the season.

Let Rye House have those Saturday's back and continue to run because it's better than losing the club as I said earlier. 

Then every promoter needs to do what's best for British Speedway as a whole in the off season. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

The problems are far more than FRN for Speedway in general , the disjointed fixture list, run down stadiums and poor promotion of the sport are just a-few.

the attendances at Workington have been very poor for many years but we manage to somehow get to another season......2019 not a hope I fear.

I didn’t realise things are not good at Workington either . I’m sorry to hear this 

27 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Ok going to give you all a serious post now. No joking around.

Personally I would let Rye House have the Saturday race night back ASAP. Yes patched up teams and an unfair advantage would be a joke but at least we haven't lost a club to British Speedway.

I say let teams actually have a facility for a missing rider/riders who have a Polish commitment and then that's fair. Rye House remain in the league. Teams are granted a facility for a missing rider or riders then we take it from there.

British Speedway simply cannot afford to lose yet another club and tbh fixed race nights will 100% be scrapped next year anyway because clubs will not agree to it due to finances.

This is the final era of British Speedway and it would be a massive shame if it was to end with club's folding one after the other. 

2 options patched up opposition for 4 months or lose a club all together. Easy decision and that's patched up teams.

Message for everyone. With every club that folds it's one step closer to your club shutting down not because of finances. It's because you wont have anyone to race against. 

Apart from Glasgow teams will not step up from the Championship to replace the Premiership teams. 

This is a time when people need to stop being selfish and look at the bigger picture. It's time to put Rye House first now and not our own clubs. 

We're at a time where there is no shining light at the end of the tunnel. It's all about survival and taking it year by year until the final day and the final nail gets hammered in.

No point talking about 1 big league next year and all that because it's not going to happen for a number of reasons. Which I wont get into because this is a Rye House thread.

All I'm saying is go back to basics now and just see out the season.

Let Rye House have those Saturday's back and continue to run because it's better than losing the club as I said earlier. 

Then every promoter needs to do what's best for British Speedway as a whole in the off season. 

Bloody hell :t:

• Like 1

So Rye House AWAY at Somerset on Wednesday 4th July is postponed!!!!

47 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

The problems are far more than FRN for Speedway in general , the disjointed fixture list, run down stadiums and poor promotion of the sport are just a-few.

the attendances at Workington have been very poor for many years but we manage to somehow get to another season......2019 not a hope I fear.

Due to your promoter pumping in a small fortune to keep it going.

• Like 1

One of the implications Rye will suffer from by reverting back to Saturday is they'll be without at least 2 members of their team to Championship clubs. 

Also, Premiership clubs will vote against as it will give Rye an advantage at home for the race to the Play-Offs and the bumper pay days that come with it.

From a fans point of view Rye should be allowed Saturday's, from another teams business point of view you would dig your heels in and say "no chance".

It is a rock and a hard place situation 

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

Thats  desperate Poole fans for you.

What Poole fans? Only person seen is mff who doesn’t count.

I think all prem clubs should be allowed to have whatever race day they want for the rest of the season but with the caveat that any clashes with CH clubs result in the CH clubs getting priority over riders, its not ideal but its a compromise to get everyone to the end of 2018, not just Rye but all Prem clubs that maybe suffering.

Next season will be a different story but that's a topic for 5 months time.

16 minutes ago, GWC said:

Due to your promoter pumping in a small fortune to keep it going.

Is that a fact or your opinion?

3 minutes ago, marko said:

I think all prem clubs should be allowed to have whatever race day they want for the rest of the season but with the caveat that any clashes with CH clubs result in the CH clubs getting priority over riders, its not ideal but its a compromise to get everyone to the end of 2018, not just Rye but all Prem clubs that maybe suffering.

Next season will be a different story but that's a topic for 5 months time.

Agree providing the visiting club has to agree to the fixture as they may have riders riding elsewhere. ie if a club wanted to race on a fri against Swindon where we have three riders ring at Lakeside that date Swindon can refuse the meeting date. 

3 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Is that a fact or your opinion?

No an article in the speedway star recently referenced her dedication to the sport and the financial commitment she had made and continued to make.

yeah and if it was Somerset on the Friday they would be without Richard Lawson which I don't think they would want either.

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

As Belle Vue are the only team to win at Rye this season, we stand to lose more points than the others, every effort should be sort to keep Rye in the Prem for the remainder of this season,

Ah-haa...Rye House should carry on hemorrhaging money, just for Belle Vue's benefit? Maybe the rest of the league, or even the sport in general should subsidise Belle Vue's advantage?

• Like 2

It is a little strange that when they could ride on a Saturday last season it seemed they hardly ever did so much so that they ended up racing 4 home fixtures very close together just so they could squeeze them in by deadline. Just wondering how Saturday has become more practical/desirable this year compared to last season!