British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

Maybe the problems revolve around the financial status of the company that runs the speedway

And maybe not...who knows? Maybe having a member of the track staff "outed" as a possible paedophile, and his subsequent suicide, may have had an impact? 

Maybe, like Stoke, they can't source any shale for the track? (oh, the Irony for Drye House lol)

The lack of official communication can lead to all kinds of speculation. About time a proper communique was issued about what the truth of the matter really is.

3 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

I would imagine because this would be a source of income for a cash strapped club. The only reason clubs run training days is because its another line of income. The amount of cash the riders pay more than offsets the cost of track prep, medical cover and insurance.  A sensible decision to try and get some money into the business in the short-term.

Reasonable answer.So they could run training schools through to the end and keep some form of speedway running there even if they pull out of the league?That would be my hope and then see how the finances are for next season

3 hours ago, marko said:

yeah and if it was Somerset on the Friday they would be without Richard Lawson which I don't think they would want either.

Albeit not a big concern at the moment, after switching to Wednesday's and having what looks like a healthy crowd on most occasions, given the choice it'd be interesting to see if we went back to Fridays and fight with the M5 traffic or stick with Wednesdays? Interesting choice.

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

Albeit not a big concern at the moment, after switching to Wednesday's and having what looks like a healthy crowd on most occasions, given the choice it'd be interesting to see if we went back to Fridays and fight with the M5 traffic or stick with Wednesdays? Interesting choice.

Might  be best to stick with weds, that said if you ran fridays which you always have you wont clash with Poole, and fans can go to both.. But then you have the M5.

• Confused 1

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Might  be best to stick with weds, that said if you ran fridays which you always have you wont clash with Poole, and fans can go to both.. But then you have the M5.

Realistically how many actually go to both on a regular basis.... must be less than 10 I expect if that many, so that can't be a reason for swapping back if given the chance from the start of next season.

Just now, Najjer said:

Realistically how many actually go to both on a regular basis.... must be less than 10 I expect if that many, so that can't be a reason for swapping back if given the chance from the start of next season.

I know whats used, we dont need all the other junk that goes with it. Read the post.

Just now, Starman2006 said:

I know whats used, we dont need all the other junk that goes with it. Read the post.

What junk? The only other think you need to do is convert it if transferring between the 2 leagues. 

18 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

And maybe not...who knows? Maybe having a member of the track staff "outed" as a possible paedophile, and his subsequent suicide, may have had an impact? 

Blimey, i must have missed that bit.  

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

Blimey, i must have missed that bit.  

What a totally inappropriate and very stupid comment to make on this Speedway Forum.  If moderators are reading I think a comment like this needs removing.

21 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

What a totally inappropriate and very stupid comment to make on this Speedway Forum.  If moderators are reading I think a comment like this needs removing.

Why is that comment inappropriate??

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

theres no one who goes to rye and poole surely,and if they were on the m5 god knows how theyd find either track!!

15 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Why is that comment inappropriate??

In case you mis understood me I was referring to the last paragraph of the post made by uk_martin 2 hours ago not the reply tl it made by The Doctor.

1 hour ago, hammer1969 said:

Excuse me ?

What utter tosh - i was simply saying i hadn't heard that as the latest awful update in that particular situation.  The last i'd seen on that thread that someone had created to discuss it was people guessing the chaps name.  I had no idea things had turned out that way.  If you think that's inappropriate, you need help, and perhaps more to the point, perhaps direct your completely misplaced ire at the person who posted it originally, not me. 

Edited - just seen your last post. I'll let you off.

Edited by The Doctor...
Saw your reply..
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Excuse me ?

What utter tosh - i was simply saying i hadn't heard that as the latest awful update in that particular situation.  The last i'd seen on that thread that someone had created to discuss it was people guessing the chaps name.  I had no idea things had turned out that way.  If you think that's inappropriate, you need help, and perhaps more to the point, perhaps direct your completely misplaced ire at the person who posted it originally, not me. 

I must apologise to you I inadvertently  linked my comment to the wrong item I was in fact referring to the remarks made by uk_martin not to your reply to him.  Sorry again.

• Like 1