British Speedway Forum

44 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

In case you mis understood me I was referring to the last paragraph of the post made by uk_martin 2 hours ago not the reply tl it made by The Doctor.

Quote the correct person, then things won't be missunderstood 

Edit: Just seen you recognise the error :t:

Edited by Daniel Smith

7 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Ok going to give you all a serious post now. No joking around.

Personally I would let Rye House have the Saturday race night back ASAP. Yes patched up teams and an unfair advantage would be a joke but at least we haven't lost a club to British Speedway.

I say let teams actually have a facility for a missing rider/riders who have a Polish commitment and then that's fair. Rye House remain in the league. Teams are granted a facility for a missing rider or riders then we take it from there.

British Speedway simply cannot afford to lose yet another club and tbh fixed race nights will 100% be scrapped next year anyway because clubs will not agree to it due to finances.

This is the final era of British Speedway and it would be a massive shame if it was to end with club's folding one after the other. 

2 options patched up opposition for 4 months or lose a club all together. Easy decision and that's patched up teams.

Message for everyone. With every club that folds it's one step closer to your club shutting down not because of finances. It's because you wont have anyone to race against. 

Apart from Glasgow teams will not step up from the Championship to replace the Premiership teams. 

This is a time when people need to stop being selfish and look at the bigger picture. It's time to put Rye House first now and not our own clubs. 

We're at a time where there is no shining light at the end of the tunnel. It's all about survival and taking it year by year until the final day and the final nail gets hammered in.

No point talking about 1 big league next year and all that because it's not going to happen for a number of reasons. Which I wont get into because this is a Rye House thread.

All I'm saying is go back to basics now and just see out the season.

Let Rye House have those Saturday's back and continue to run because it's better than losing the club as I said earlier. 

Then every promoter needs to do what's best for British Speedway as a whole in the off season. 

Why would Glasgow step up and lose local derbies against Edinburgh and the other northern clubs , I would be financial suicide? 

3 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Either way it's a stupid thing to say.

As is naming him

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

And maybe not...who knows? Maybe having a member of the track staff "outed" as a possible paedophile, and his subsequent suicide, may have had an impact? 

Maybe, like Stoke, they can't source any shale for the track? (oh, the Irony for Drye House lol)

The lack of official communication can lead to all kinds of speculation. About time a proper communique was issued about what the truth of the matter really is.

The comments were made on facts and based on what is in the public domain. Late  filing of accounts etc can be verified by going on to the Companies House web site. The references to other issues is not relevant and for the record  I have no knowledge of any suicide or the full facts re the Stoke situation. Those points iarebnot for this thread and doubt that they have any bearing on the cancellation/ postponement of meetings for Rye House. Sticking to the issues is probably the best advice as anything else may just be over stepping the mark. 

42 minutes ago, Pinny said:

You think a speedway club with about 500 fans going bust is more serious than a Paedophile?? Blimey. 

I think every member of this forum has a right to know whats gone on with this guy, second paedo connected to speedway in about 2 months to be revealed. Have you not seen the amount of children who attend speedway?

who cares if hes killed himself . I myself have seen the video where he was outed on facebook and the slimeball deserved everything he got. Its a shame he got the choice to top himself rather than rot in prison but i suppose if all paedophiles killed themselves the world would be a much much better place. 

I think due process has to be done. You and no one else has any rights to,act as judge jury and executioner. If what you say is true then the authorities will deal with it in accordance with the law. You have no rights to know anything at this stage and it could prejudice the correct outcome of what may be a serious allegation. Do everyone a favour and curl up under your Aussie shell and mind your own business. Let due process take its course.  Your assertions probably have little to do with the Rye House current track/meeting issues and add nothing to the substance of the debate. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, uk_martin said:

And maybe not...who knows? Maybe having a member of the track staff "outed" as a possible paedophile, and his subsequent suicide, may have had an impact? 

Maybe, like Stoke, they can't source any shale for the track? (oh, the Irony for Drye House lol)

The lack of official communication can lead to all kinds of speculation. About time a proper communique was issued about what the truth of the matter really is.

Whether you're right or wrong with this Martin your cynicism has dragged you to the bottom of the gutter with this one and the ensuing hate posts and naming are testimony to that. Don't be surprised if justice can't be delivered or the case is prejudiced by threats and public outcry, if you are now outing for a living then look a bit closer to Perry Barr and face the wrath of his Solicitors! Yes you know who I mean.

Mods, by all means suspend me for 28 days for attacking the poster but do take him off forever 

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

I think due process has to be done. You and no one else has any rights to,act as judge jury and executioner. If what you say is true then the authorities will deal with it in accordance with the law. You have no rights to know anything at this stage and it could prejudice the correct outcome of what may be a serious allegation. Do everyone a favour and curl up under your Aussie shell and mind your own business. Let due process take its course.  Your assertions probably have little to do with the Rye House current track/meeting issues and add nothing to the substance of the debate. 

More like you think an issue like that should be swept under the carpet. Clown. 

Its disturbing and serious. People have every right to know about it , if it means they take extra care protecting their children against such creatures. 

Or was he a friend, thats why your getting so uptight?

7 minutes ago, noaksey said:

More news on Tuesday I heard today. Let's hope it's good news for Rye

I will second that, hope that they can finish their premier season.... STOP paying silly rider guarantees would be a good start... If it means they run Saturdays, I can't see a problem - but careful planning of the rearranged fixtures would be paramount. Fingers crossed.  

• Like 2

Even though Britain's nights allocated were Monday and Thursday some teams kept the huge benefit of riding on their own usual nights and stayed racing Wednesdays which wasn't the actual agreement with the rest of the Leagues...

Beacuse as everyone knows, Wednesday is Denmarks night...

Why shouldn't Rye House therefore be able to ride on their usual night of Satuday, (Poland's and FIM's night)?

By their actions we now have Guestfests on a Wednesday? So just have more Guestfests on a Saturday...

What difference does it really make if it saves a club?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

What difference does it really make if it saves a club?

Here's one of your comments from another thread:

British Speedway, once again, making the usual, short sighted, half arsed, not fit for purpose, make do and mend, make the best of a bad job, bodge it and scarper, lets try and please everyone except the fans, mickey mouse, make it up as we go along, tail wagging the dog, etc etc decision....

I can't believe so many people complain about how the tail to wags the dog, yet they seem to be proposing this as a solution. Therefore the tail wags the dog. Again. What you are proposing is exactly what you accuse the BSPA of doing. Short term, tactical fixes with no long term strategic views. 

If Rye House is allowed to revert to Saturday, why can't Belle Vue go back to Friday? Is it only clubs who throw their toys out of their prams who get their own way?

Coupled with the knock-on effect as others have pointed out that teams visiting Rye House on a Saturday will be missing riders who they signed in good faith based on agreed fixed race nights.

The other issue is that the above approach merely kicks the can down the road until next season. People seem to have short memories, as they clearly don't remember last season and teams turning out with three guests and R/R due to the endless clashes, which was the main driver for fixed race nights in the first place.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I will second that, hope that they can finish their premier season.... STOP paying silly rider guarantees would be a good start... If it means they run Saturdays, I can't see a problem - but careful planning of the rearranged fixtures would be paramount. Fingers crossed.  

That ultra careful fixture planning needs to include the use of track covers to save meetings whenever possible. The number of usable dates will quickly diminish with rain-offs. PPPPPP. If in fact such a move to their preferred race night proves possible. And as MattK says Why then can't other teams?

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made

25 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

That ultra careful fixture planning needs to include the use of track covers to save meetings whenever possible. The number of usable dates will quickly diminish with rain-offs. PPPPPP. If in fact such a move to their preferred race night proves possible. And as MattK says Why then can't other teams?

Rain? What is this rain you speak of? :)

That's jinksed the rest of summer!

19 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Ah-haa...Rye House should carry on hemorrhaging money, just for Belle Vue's benefit? Maybe the rest of the league, or even the sport in general should subsidise Belle Vue's advantage?

Sorry you misunderstood my post, I have no wish for any club to fold and every effort should be made to help such clubs, especially as bad decisions and rule tinkering by the BSPA are mostly to blame, however the present season will still carry on, and you know full well that all supporters on here and those who don't come on here still want there club to finish in the top 4 then hopefully carry on to win the P/Off's.