British Speedway Forum

It was and still is the case that there are good and bad teams.There were always teams you looked at to see when they were at your place and thought ‘ok,I can go on holiday then and not miss much’ and there were teams you or I did not want to miss and would also go and see them if they were at another track,like Hackney that was nearby

All this leveling off with points or averages never stopped a couple of teams being poor,but did mean your team might have to dumb down

21 hours ago, orion said:

Only speedway  fans can think that star names won't makes the crowds bigger .it like saying that more people wont come to see mcg at darts ronnie O'Sullivan at snooker Messi at football etc .its no wonder speedway is in a mess if people have a mind set like that .it's simple fact as the standard has dropped so have the crowds it's not rocket science. 

Speedway in the UK has spent far to long with promoters looking after own interest, look around at the dropping crowds and the notable absentees are the younger generation. When Sky 1st got involved the BSPA missed a massive opportunity of reaching the newer younger speedway fan. They should of worked together for the future of Speedway in the UK and used Sky as a massive advertising tool to attract new fans and old fans back to British speedway. The standard at Belle Vue has not dropped it's increased tenfold, but the younger generation are still not there. They are the future of British speedway, if we keep missing them of the radar, then this long sloping road we are on will soon bottom out and Speedway with it.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Well IF Harris has signed for Swindon, that must be the case or has he broken his contract?

Well IF Rye House are going to run again this season they will not be able to afford the three big earners (rumoured to be on guaranteed money, I not blaming them for taking it who wouldn't) Nicholls has rode his socks off all year and apart for Kings Lynn so has KK but Harris has been the biggest let down of the three so if he has gone it may that Rye House are reverting to financial sanity and that it does not automatically mean that the Fat Lady has struggled out of her chair.

Edited by Rayleigh
  • Like 1

Whatever standard of rider we have in UK it doesn't matter until the sport is promoted far better than it is now and with new ideas. The sport is so lacking in that respect, it has no chance unless that part of it improves significantly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Speedway in the UK has spent far to long with promoters looking after own interest, look around at the dropping crowds and the notable absentees are the younger generation. When Sky 1st got involved the BSPA missed a massive opportunity of reaching the newer younger speedway fan. They should of worked together for the future of Speedway in the UK and used Sky as a massive advertising tool to attract new fans and old fans back to British speedway. The standard at Belle Vue has not dropped it's increased tenfold, but the younger generation are still not there. They are the future of British speedway, if we keep missing them of the radar, then this long sloping road we are on will soon bottom out and Speedway with it.

Most of the sky money went to the riders but as people keep saying “they have to earn a living you know “ the same people who say the sky money was wasted 

12 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Most of the sky money went to the riders but as people keep saying “they have to earn a living you know “ the same people who say the sky money was wasted 

The majority of the Sky money went into Russell's pocket and put none of it back into the sport. If he had of done, Swindon wouldn't be in the $#!+ they are now, staring down the barrel of a gun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Harris' average higher than Bellego so I don't think the information from someone's good source is accurate.

2 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Harris' average higher than Bellego so I don't think the information from someone's good source is accurate.

Don’t worry - there was no source.  I’m still hoping that Rye House continue and I think Bellego is doing the job he was signed to do at Swindon - and is going nowhere

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The majority of the Sky money went into Russell's pocket and put none of it back into the sport. If he had of done, Swindon wouldn't be in the $#!+ they are now, staring down the barrel of a gun. 

Russel took his share rightly or wrongly but that’s not the most, the majority went to the riders deals, and it wasn’t Ronnie Russell it was his brother

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Not worried and wouldn't have posted except some Rye House fans were worried it meant their team had folded. I know the poster wants Bellego out the team, which he can have that opinion, but this rumour was upsetting people.

11 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Not worried and wouldn't have posted except some Rye House fans were worried it meant their team had folded. I know the poster wants Bellego out the team, which he can have that opinion, but this rumour was upsetting people.

Unless/until you hear anything official (from club sources) it’s best that everyone ignores all the rumours and speculation on here.  Some people seem to enjoy starting rumours or passing on information that they were told in confidence (I know something you don’t brigade) - both are as bad as each other.  We should all wait and see what happens and keep our fingers crossed that the situation can be resolved so that speedway at Rye House can continue this season

Edited by Steve0

12 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Unless/until you hear anything official (from club sources) it’s best that everyone ignores all the rumours and speculation on here.  Some people seem to enjoy starting rumours or passing on information that they were told in confidence (I know something you don’t brigade) - both are as bad as each other.  We should all wait and see what happens and keep our fingers crossed that the situation can be resolved so that speedway at Rye House can continue this season

There is more chance of Swindon signing Johno, seen at Roscos pub :)

Edited by A ORLOV

5 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

There is more chance of Swindon signing Johno, seen at Roscos pub :)

Yes. I saw Rosco’s tweet yesterday :t:

2 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Steve, I am certainly not revelling in having information that is not available to the general public. I leave that kind of shallow stupidity to others. I have been trying to help people ffs!

There is a serious situation. This is not some trouble-making lazy gossip. I leave that rubbish to the many on here that love that rubbish. When I see stupid speculation on here though it is hard to stay silent. There IS only so much that can be said. Clearly it is a waste of time trying to help people by making them aware of the fact that this isn't a matter of failing to buy shale!!!

All will come out in good time. I guess the wiser course would have been to leave you all stewing in your own stupid gossip. Lesson learnt. 

Apologies - it wasn’t aimed at you (as you seem close to the situation) - it is all the wannabes that I find annoying

Okay, you win. I regret trying once more to help the BSF. I will remove all postings on the matter and you can all whinge on about how nobody ever tells you anything and maybe work out why?

EDIT: - There, all gone now. Apologies for disturbing the ignorance. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1