Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Well said.

The BSPA have no crisis management strategy....strange for a sport that most believe is in meltdown.

I am sure there enough experienced journalists/media folk/PRs on the fringes of speedway who could do a good job for the sport as an "official spokesperson"

Didn't Nigel Pearson used to be the media man for the BSPA, surely someone out there could step up. The current situation with Rye House sums things up perfectly, the silence coming from Rye House speedway and the BSPA is deafening. Lots of rumours and none of them very positive for the future of Rye House speedway.

4 minutes ago, screm said:

Didn't Nigel Pearson used to be the media man for the BSPA, surely someone out there could step up. The current situation with Rye House sums things up perfectly, the silence coming from Rye House speedway and the BSPA is deafening. Lots of rumours and none of them very positive for the future of Rye House speedway.

He still is- but he relies on the BSPA authorsing whatever they want to impart.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

In my opinion that`s mighty unfair on Phillip- he try`s to give as much info as possible without betraying confidences. This is very similar to what Rob McCaffery has been trying to do.

I also think it was very unfair on Philip, however there is a huge difference between him and Rob McCaffrey who, however good his intentions, is abusive and has no respect for any opinion other than his own as far as I can see.

• Like 5

If the BSPA has become incapable of functioning properly then is it now down to the structure above it, to intervene and take over running the sport? As the SCB and BSPA are almost identical entities, then it would it be for the ACU to take action, backed by the FIM?

21 minutes ago, screm said:

NIGEL still is but his brief doesn't include making announcements on behalf of the BSPA MC, which is in my opinion a cardinal sin. 

16 minutes ago, Vince said:

I also think it was very unfair on Philip, however there is a huge difference between him and Rob McCaffrey who, however good his intentions, is abusive and has no respect for any opinion other than his own as far as I can see.

Spot on yet again Vince

• Like 2

Being a  good journo Phil, if you can’t get ya story through the front door then go around the back.  Hopefully the fans will get the full unabridged story in your mag come Thurs. 

3 minutes ago, semion said:

Being a  good journo Phil, if you can’t get ya story through the front door then go around the back.  Hopefully the fans will get the full unabridged story in your mag come Thurs. 

NOT sure the full story will be available by press time on Tuesday. Thanks for the above comments.

16 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT sure the full story will be available by press time on Tuesday. Thanks for the above comments.

You could the rye house riders a call, unless they have been gagged they do know the whole story 

39 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NIGEL still is but his brief doesn't include making announcements on behalf of the BSPA MC, which is in my opinion a cardinal sin. 

Seems the help is there if the BSPA are willing to use it, not just this Rye House situation but so many others, rule changes etc where the BSPA seem intent on alienating themselves from the paying speedway customer, never before have I seen so many fans turning their back from the sport, and once they`re gone they`re gone for good.

Edited by screm

1 minute ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

You could the rye house riders a call, unless they have been gagged they do know the whole story 

NO doubt we will but if the situation is not finally resolved one way or the other would not expect a comment. 

1 minute ago, screm said:

Seems the help is there if the BSPA are willing to use it, not just this Rye House situation but so many others, rule changes etc where the BSPA seem intent on alternating themselves from the paying speedway customer, never before have I seen so many fans turning their back from the sport, and once they`re gone they`re gone for good.

YOU are absolutely right. And if I need proof I just look at Speedway Star's weekly sales! And then go and lay down in a darkened room.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Okay, you win. I regret trying once more to help the BSF. I will remove all postings on the matter and you can all whinge on about how nobody ever tells you anything and maybe work out why?

EDIT: - There, all gone now. Apologies for disturbing the ignorance. 

What a surprise. Toys thrown out of pram. AGAIN.

Grow up ffs.

• Like 2

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

NO doubt we will but if the situation is not finally resolved one way or the other would not expect a comment. 

It has to be resolved somehow, the league depends on it, I don’t know how but this season has to make it too the end of season and then speedway in Britain has to change 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

It has to be resolved somehow, the league depends on it, I don’t know how but this season has to make it too the end of season and then speedway in Britain has to change 

YOU know that, I know that ... but do the people who hold the reins know that?

• Like 4