British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't. Belle Vue lost money last year even with average crowds of 1500 and I'm sure they weren't the only ones. This year, so far,  crowds are noticeably down on last year and the only difference is the change of race night. In fact you might reasonably have expected crowds to have gone up with fewer riders missing due to doubling up.

1500, i would bet you you dont even get half that now.

The stadium has been empty for most of the meetings this season. The longer the silence and uncertainty goes on, The less I look for any news.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The stadium has been empty for most of the meetings this season. The longer the silence and uncertainty goes on, The less I look for any news.

Quite agree and if the promoters are hoping to run meetings, however unlikely that's looking, they are not doing themselves any favours with the deafening silence.

43 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

1500, i would bet you you dont even get half that now.

Do you even know what half of 1500 is? Because we do get more than that!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Averaging around 400 I’ve been told. That’s not sustainable at Championship level, let alone the Premiership. 

1 minute ago, Shadders said:

Averaging around 400 I’ve been told. That’s not sustainable at Championship level, let alone the Premiership. 

I would say,  that's an accurate estimate shads.

The current situation at Ryer House has been seen before in the early 90's when Ronnie Russell shut it down several years after he

acquired it from Len Silver. It went to Stock Cars with a tarmac track but returned to Speedway once again under the control of Len

Silver.  The present owners seem to be involved in Car Racing but do not appear to be Speedway "Savvy". I cannot see a future as things

currently stand, but owners change and new people appear, so in the long term, our sport MAY not be entirely lost to Speedway. I certainly

hope not as it is one of the tracks that I visit from time to time. 

What i dont get is they ploughed alot of money into centre green to get the motocross circuit up and running,anyone know if  people are using it and its being promoted?ALso they have the Kart race circuit at the back owned by diff people ,but how is it that has remained over the years staging world cup and uk races and never seems to be in any trouble.Is there a link between the 2 circuits?promotions etc.

No link as far as I'm aware. As for the motocross track, going by the amount of weeds growing on it, I'd say it's had very little use.

• Haha 1

Not sure how it works £ note wise but I believe the go kart track is part of the 99 lease that was bought by Len in the early 2000’s so I would think the gokart track comes under the control who ever owns BMR. 

13 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

What i dont get is they ploughed alot of money into centre green to get the motocross circuit up and running,anyone know if  people are using it and its being promoted?ALso they have the Kart race circuit at the back owned by diff people ,but how is it that has remained over the years staging world cup and uk races and never seems to be in any trouble.Is there a link between the 2 circuits?promotions etc.

The lease for the kart track was bought by BMR but rented out to another company. I think the kart track runs 7 days per week including some evenings plus those taking part pay for the privilege. Not surprised it makes money. 

Not sure there is any motorsport apart from speedway where the entrants don't pay to participate.

7 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

No link as far as I'm aware. As for the motocross track, going by the amount of weeds growing on it, I'd say it's had very little use.

That crossed my mind a while ago so I googled Motorcross tracks Herts/Essex, loads of tracks listed but no Rye House which is a bit silly if you want to make a profit from something.

Regards kart track I believe the same promotion did own it but I don't know if they still do.

32 minutes ago, colin wood said:

Do you even know what half of 1500 is? Because we do get more than that!

I dont think you do. Try pulling the wool over somebody elses eyes..

11 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

That crossed my mind a while ago so I googled Motorcross tracks Herts/Essex, loads of tracks listed but no Rye House which is a bit silly if you want to make a profit from something.

Regards kart track I believe the same promotion did own it but I don't know if they still do.

The kart track looks like a very professional operation. The total opposite to their speedway neighbours. 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

I dont think you do. Try pulling the wool over somebody elses eyes..

And on what do you base your opinion? So far as I know you have not yet visited the NSS so it can't be from having attended every week.

The promotion are trying many ideas to increase crowds, a new social media campaign is going to start soon and running the Colts with an entrance fee of £10 and kids under 18 free is seen as a way of attracting new and younger fans. The hope before FNR was to increase the 1500 average last year year towards 2000 this year but the enforced Monday nights have had the opposite effect. I would estimate our average crowds this year at more than 1000, maybe 1200 with the bank holiday meetings.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2