British Speedway Forum

Another club bites the dust.

Just now, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Harris and Clegg were already signed up by Swindon last week to replace Bellego and Smith. 

Not the news we wanted we just have to now hope a way is found for Rye to come back next year with racing on Saturday nights in the Championship.

6 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Not the news we wanted we just have to now hope a way is found for Rye to come back next year with racing on Saturday nights in the Championship.

They'd need a new promoter.

12 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Harris and Clegg were already signed up by Swindon last week to replace Bellego and Smith. 

And you know this how? I’ve not looked but I doubt Harris fits anyway

4 minutes ago, foamfence said:

They'd need a new promoter.

Agreed. Let's just hope someone has the sense to secure the stadium and that it doesn't end up in the same state as Brandon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

The latest averages on the SGB website is 22 June. Whilst they are out of date, they total 43.02 so Harris wouldn't fit. 

Your right.

Harris is on 6.86 wef 1/7 and Bellego is on 6.10. They can't even redeclare the team as the total sits on 43.04 above what the 42.50 team limit is.

Think only Poole could get him if they drop Josh G or Sundstrom as although Harris higher they could  redeclare their team as they are currently 0.75 below the 42.50 limit.

Having said that unfair to come accross like a vulture picking on the bones of the recently deceased :(

Wonder what will happen to the KTM dealership that's supposedly opened/opening within the stadium?

BS as per usual. This fruit loop knows nothing. Desperate for attention on a thread he knows will be popular at the moment.

Very sorry for all Rye fans. Hopefully they can come back next season. If im realistic I know this news will be coming up for my own club Swindon in a few years 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Agreed. Let's just hope someone has the sense to secure the stadium and that it doesn't end up in the same state as Brandon.

Securing the use of the stadium, could be the biggest obstacle for any new promoter.

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

The latest averages on the SGB website is 22 June. Whilst they are out of date, they total 43.02 so Harris wouldn't fit. 

By the way the latest ones are now posted on Premiership declarations for 2018. For some reason SGB not putting latest one on the GSA section. There have been 2 posted on 26/6 and 29/6.

Very sad day for Rye House Speedway and British Speedway - my guess they won’t be the last to close this season- British Speedway is a total farce the ways it’s run sadly we’ve reaped what we sow . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

By the way the latest ones are now posted on Premiership declarations for 2018. For some reason SGB not putting latest one on the GSA section. There have been 2 posted on 26/6 and 29/6.

Thanks Steve. With Swindon shown as 43.04 Harris won't fit.

And i thought Buster Chapman was going to make British Speedway great again, seen zero evidence of that yet. Sad day  :(

• Like 2