British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Orbiter said:

When I used to buy it you used to have the match reports in back and you would get a poster of each team in centrefold each week. 

Was that before or after the war!

Really sad to read about Rye House closing.  Hope the can resolve their debts and be back again - as this sport can not afford to lose any clubs. :sad:

Any Rye rider should revert back to their starting average as the results have been expunged, same with points scored by riders when in opposition to the rockets, these need removing and quickly if we are to have accurate averages.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

And i thought Buster Chapman was going to make British Speedway great again, seen zero evidence of that yet. Sad day  :(

He's the latest in a long line of chairmen who have failed, don't think it matters who is in charge when so many others contribute to the pool of ideas and get to vote on them.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, teaboy279 said:

Whilst on the face of it that would appear correct. But except Kent (mondays) and Brum (Wednesdays) none of the CL or NL meetings are on the same night so their floating fans can pick any top flight match they fancy under the FRN arrangement.

Yes I realise that, I was referring to the Premier league matches !

10 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

And i thought Buster Chapman was going to make British Speedway great again, seen zero evidence of that yet. Sad day  :(

If anything he’s done more harm to British speedway than any one that had the role before him - he’s clueless 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He's the latest in a long line of chairmen who have failed, don't think it matters who is in charge when so many others contribute to the pool of ideas and get to vote on them.

The man that could have changed things but he wasn’t allowed to was JC - Busters son . Sadly we are seeing the final nails going into the coffin- Now BT can pull the plug on league racing as the deal I believe was for minimum 8 teams . 

48 minutes ago, Perton Wolf said:

The sport is ran like an absolute farce in this country.

Absolutely amateurish.

The Premiership should be outsourced like they have with Team GB. Let somebody else run it, it can't get much worse. 

WHO would want to...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haza said:

If anything he’s done more harm to British speedway than any one that had the role before him - he’s clueless 

Most of the harm had already been done by his predecessors - no future planning and expecting riders to appear out of thin air.

He’s just overseeing the sport and unable to give any leadership when other promoters want their own way.

Complete disaster I’m afraid for Rye House and their promotion must take a lot of the blame for taking the club up a league.

9 minutes ago, Haza said:

Have to agree.  The last two seasons or so have been quite dramatically awful.   You need to go back a long way -- Ducker, maybe? -- to find a chairman who has wrought so much carnage under his stewardship.

Sad day for Rye House and their fans, does not bode well for next season and this season also.

As others have said just the tip of the iceberg regarding club closures.

I did say when Belle Vue got the go ahead to run at the new stadium .....What will the new league look like.

While this is certainly sad news it probably doesn't come as a total surprise, rumours of some kind of a deal involving Lakeside have either been wide of the mark or any talks have failed, either way its the good supporters of Rye House who will suffer most and those I feel sorry for most. Hopefully Rye House will return next season but IMO there`s a lot of water to run under the bridge before then.