British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

One big league in 2018 a near on certainty now. 

Not sure I particularly disagree with what you are saying. However the validity of this along with most of your posts is questionable when you do not appear to know what year it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

One big league of about nine teams...:rolleyes:

• Like 2

For the sake of all Rye supporters I hope you can run again next year. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHO would want to...

Is Billy Smart still going? ;)

You have to feel for the Rye House fans and riders. I just hope that something can be salvaged to allow the club to be resurrected next season.

As for Chapman, his chairmanship has been a disaster. Yes, he inherited many problems but has failed totally to achieve even the minor improvements that he promised when taking office. The openness and transparency he made a priority is a total joke, the BSPA is now even more secretive and where is the promised new rule book. Instead we agreed to fixed nights, which included the worst night of the week for attracting crowds and even managed to make a mess of that by changing the other agreed fixed night to Wednesday, when Denmark have priority. Now, more than ever, we need someone to step forward who has the ability and the vision to take the sport forward and to give that person the authority to do what is necessary. Self interest had to be put aside for the sport to survive.

• Like 1

What did anyone expect? Rye stadium is a dump, the team is rubbish ,and the promoter is a prat. Little wonder people didn't support it.

Don`t think there is enough riders to make one big league.

For any track to shut is sad, I feel for the fans and would like to wish the all the best and hope someone can come in and turn the club around but I do fear in this day and age it maybe an impossible task!

1 minute ago, screm said:

Not a problem...

Just let riders guest for the other team they are riding against...:D

Sorted...

to all connected with rye house.my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you.another track falls by the wayside and one that has seen a lot of success.i just hope that you will be coming to tapes next season.i now am starting to fear for the sport, what with rumblings at workington and a few other tracks reported to be struggling.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Another option is some of the better Champ sides step into a new set up with whats left of the Prem into a new format which allows teams to ride on nights of their choice suited best for the crowds, and if to the detrement of signing certain overseas so called stars then so be it.

Either that or one big league but something has to be done to make the sport more financially viable to at least cover costs even if not profit.

Thinks for certain have to change or we may not have a sport to discuss this time next year. Well not in its current format.

• Like 2

All the talk by various people “in the know” including Len claimed Warren Scott was a millionaire and had money to burn, hence taking on Rye House. Well obviously his millions ain’t no more! As for Steve Jensen he started as the man with the keys, then co promoter. He’s tried his best but with the total lack of speedway knowledge he was kinda thrown in at the deep end. Perhaps his man management skills could do with a tweek here and there but I’m guessing he’s also now jobless along with the charming Emma. Presentation at Rye was truly awful  

I saw a post that said Rye House had become stale in Lens latter years. Yes it had and if you go to Central Park Sittingbourne Lens track there’s very poor presentation and it’s stale to, but at least it’s still going. 

I did here rumours that Warren Scott had pulled his interest of the speedway before the start of the season and passed it on to his brother, how true that is I don’t know. But perhaps this could explain a few things? 

6 minutes ago, mrss said:

What did anyone expect? Rye stadium is a dump, the team is rubbish ,and the promoter is a prat. Little wonder people didn't support it.

spoken like a true heartfelt supporter.IDIOT.so you are pleased then that we have lost another club for this season and maybe, who knows, for good.by the way, which team do you show allegiance to then.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHO would want to...

Nobody. 

The sport is done here. Its finished imo. The cretins have ran it head first into the ground. 

I think 5 years, max, and it'll be done and dusted. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrss said:

But still some how its Busters fault to most???? A very Uninspiring team and fans just decide not to go. i feel sorry for the hardcore fans who go week after week. The fair weather ones i have no time for. the riders will find rides, most already have a team. The stadium had character 10 years ago. now its just a confusing mess.