British Speedway Forum

Just now, acef said:

Nobody. 

The sport is done here. Its finished imo. The cretins have ran it head first into the ground. 

I think 5 years, max, and it'll be done and dusted. 

Don't disagree at all

Think it's been a triple whammy for Rye...

Last season they had the novelty value of riding in the top league after decades riding in the lower leagues which would have brought a few extra in...

Lakeside going 'Div 3' also had a positive impact to Rye's crowds from reading comments from Lakeside fans on here who were travelling to Rye each week. Now Lakeside are in 'Div 2' have their fans gone back?

Then obviously the change of race night... 

Going from THE best night to run an entertainment business to a mid week schedule...

A shame they couldn't get their Saturday night back, if only to keep them going and prevent the abject embarrassment and image impact to the Sport in this country that comes with teams pulling out of Leagues..

Its a shame they moved up. I hope they run at some level in the future. a level that their hardcore could get behind. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

spoken like a true heartfelt supporter.IDIOT.so you are pleased then that we have lost another club for this season and maybe, who knows, for good.by the way, which team do you show allegiance to then.

I didn't say I was pleased that Rhy closed. King Lynn are my team.

Sad, sad day for Rye, their supporters and the sport as a whole. These, to put it mildly, are not good times for the sport.

13 minutes ago, Dave Stummings said:

All the talk by various people “in the know” including Len claimed Warren Scott was a millionaire and had money to burn, hence taking on Rye House. Well obviously his millions ain’t no more! As for Steve Jensen he started as the man with the keys, then co promoter. He’s tried his best but with the total lack of speedway knowledge he was kinda thrown in at the deep end. Perhaps his man management skills could do with a tweek here and there but I’m guessing he’s also now jobless along with the charming Emma. Presentation at Rye was truly awful  

I saw a post that said Rye House had become stale in Lens latter years. Yes it had and if you go to Central Park Sittingbourne Lens track there’s very poor presentation and it’s stale to, but at least it’s still going. 

Tend to agree with this post. Things were stale under Len but he always boasted that he'd never had a loss making season running speedway.

You run an entertainment buisness at the weekend and it is going 'quite well'...

Therefore, you close down the weekend opening times and instead opt to open on Wednesday evenings..

Amazingly you don't take the same amount of income and actually start bringing in less. .

Who would have been able to predict that? :rolleyes:

Another milestone in the glorious tenure of Mr Chapman in his capacity  as Boss of Bosses.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

to all connected with rye house.my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you.another track falls by the wayside and one that has seen a lot of success.i just hope that you will be coming to tapes next season.i now am starting to fear for the sport, what with rumblings at workington and a few other tracks reported to be struggling.

I'M well past the starting point...

13 minutes ago, acef said:

Nobody. 

The sport is done here. Its finished imo. The cretins have ran it head first into the ground. 

I think 5 years, max, and it'll be done and dusted. 

Let’s see what response the bspa come up with for the future.

If they vote for ‘more of the same’ then I agree the sport is finished.

They have it in their remit to reorganise league racing and if that means combining the leagues reducing team strength and changing race format then so be it but do something as I don’t want to be told it’s gone as we couldn’t get all promoters to agree and supporters didn’t like the loss of ‘big stars’.

4 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Another milestone in the glorious tenure of Mr Chapman in his capacity  as Boss of Bosses.

Not quite sure you can put the failing of Rye House solely down to Buster though I will concede it has happened on his watch. Don`t forget Buster needs the rest of the promoters with him to get anything significant done. 

• Like 3

real sorry for all rye house fans 

and inturn fans of british speedway 

unfortunately I donk think this will be the only british speedway team to be lost to the sport this year 

Sorry to hear this news, feel for the Rye fans, hopefully can return.

As per usual to make a small fortune in Speedway you have to start with a large one, recipe for disaster in the current climate.

25 minutes ago, GWC said:

Let’s see what response the bspa come up with for the future.

If they vote for ‘more of the same’ then I agree the sport is finished.

They have it in their remit to reorganise league racing and if that means combining the leagues reducing team strength and changing race format then so be it but do something as I don’t want to be told it’s gone as we couldn’t get all promoters to agree and supporters didn’t like the loss of ‘big stars’.

I HAVE no doubt that there are some PL promoters, already struggling, who would rather close than risk presenting a watered down product to their remaining fanbase.