British Speedway Forum

56 minutes ago, screm said:

Not quite sure you can put the failing of Rye House solely down to Buster though I will concede it has happened on his watch. Don`t forget Buster needs the rest of the promoters with him to get anything significant done. 

I see your point but in my experience in any organisation , committee etc there is normally one or two persons who are more dominant than the rest who tend to get their way 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Little Un said:

Buster as Chairman has no more input into running British Speedway than any other promoter. The Chairman of an organisation basically plans and controls meetings with support of the Secretary. Sometimes a Chairman may be given a stalemate busting vote but I have no idea if Buster does. The Promoters of the Premiership vote on all matters concerning the Premiership and the Championship Promoters vote on all matters concerning the Championship.

DON'T think much if any of that is true.

• Like 2

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

DON'T think much if any of that is true.

Neither do I

3 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I'd be intrigued to know what alternative they think is possible. Perhaps they could just go off and run their little fantasy while the rest of speedway rebuilds on sane lines?

That's three times now my Rockets have died. My worry this time is that it is the stadium leaseholders involved and any replacement future promotion would have to deal with them rather than a third party, as is usually the case in speedway. One promotion goes and a replacement does a deal with the landlords. It's not so easy this time. 

I tried to prepare people for the worst..........

I have to agree with you. The stadium ownership is going to be a major problem for any revival.

The quicker the powers at be realise that the Sport needs a total revamp at a lower level and build up again the better IMO.Its been staring them in the face for the last few seasons.The riders will be getting a little nervous these days.Feel sad for Rye fans,hopefully the can be resurrected by someone next season.Guests ,doubling-up and fixed race nights have to go.The sport has to be creditable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THAT'S easy. Walk away and stop losing money. In the case of Rye House, an estimated £10,000 per meeting.

I fully expected the plug to be pulled after the TV meeting. I'm surprised they ran another three weeks later.

24 minutes ago, mb1990 said:

Feel for the Rye House fans.  How many more club's are we going to lose before the penny drops and those in charge realise things need to change?

The trouble is not they have not changed things but that they keep making changes that make no sense. Almost every year we hear that the changes we made at this AGM are the changes that will ensure the long term success of British Speedway. The last time they made changes that were made and ensured the future of British Speedway was at the 1964 AGM.

• Like 1

So thats the nearest track to me gone now, sad day . Somerset is always my team, but to far to travel now, enjoyed my trips to Rye . Hopefully they can come back next year in some form.

17 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I'd be intrigued to know what alternative they think is possible. Perhaps they could just go off and run their little fantasy while the rest of speedway rebuilds on sane lines?

That's three times now my Rockets have died. My worry this time is that it is the stadium leaseholders involved and any replacement future promotion would have to deal with them rather than a third party, as is usually the case in speedway. One promotion goes and a replacement does a deal with the landlords. It's not so easy this time. 

I tried to prepare people for the worst..........

Do the current promoters or Len own the leasehold, Len purchased the leasehold a few years ago now. 

Rye House today, Workington, Peterborough and Lakeside next?

Who knows just wait for the BSPA's next attempt to close a club or three, how about cancelling some of their fixtures for starters?

38 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO but why would Len or anyone for that matter want to spend money on a business that, in its current form, has already been administered the last rites?

Is this the angle we can expect the Speedway Star to come from now going forward Phil ? 

Game over ?

1 minute ago, semion said:

Is this the angle we can expect the Speedway Star to come from now going forward Phil ? 

Game over ?

Regretfully this is the truth of the matter.

25 minutes ago, semion said:

Game over ?

I REPEAT that any views I express here are my own. But I think in the very near future SS will be expressing its concern not only about British speedway but the magazine itself. The two go hand-in-hand and with attendances dramatically down right across the spectrum of British speedway sales of Speedway Star are inevitably adversely affected.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

I find it a bit ironic, as the signing of Rasmussen and Schroeck to Rye House, opened the floodgates to drown 2nd division speedway and couldn't then keep afloat it's 1st division. That's how far back this all goes.