British Speedway Forum

Just for clarity it’s the Speedway Control Bureau that has Annulled the Rye House Licence NOT the BSPA

2 hours ago, mrss said:

What did anyone expect? Rye stadium is a dump, the team is rubbish ,and the promoter is a prat. Little wonder people didn't support it.

And yet when I went at the beginning of last season the place was packed. Literally thousands were there. 

Its none of those things that has done Rye House, its the switch of race nights.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Argos said:

Just for clarity it’s the Speedway Control Bureau that has Annulled the Rye House Licence NOT the BSPA

AS it was with Belle Vue (Gordon and Morton)

1 minute ago, Halifaxtiger said:

And yet when I went at the beginning of last season the place was packed. Literally thousands were there. 

Its none of those things that has done Rye House, its the switch of race nights.

I agree with this but £10k each meeting is a huge sum, if true.  The BSPA release also said BMR notified them of the troubles, as well as riders.  As they are the leaseholders, did they sub-let to the promotors and charge a rent?  BSPA release doesn't make it sound like the promoters are BMR.

1 minute ago, Orbiter said:

Someone once told me Morton was hung like a donkey!

Thought Capital Punishment was no longer legal

3 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Someone once told me Morton was hung like a donkey!

Pathetic remark, 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Argos said:

Just rubber stamping the decision of the BSPA. 

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I agree with this but £10k each meeting is a huge sum, if true.  The BSPA release also said BMR notified them of the troubles, as well as riders.  As they are the leaseholders, did they sub-let to the promotors and charge a rent?  BSPA release doesn't make it sound like the promoters are BMR.

As I understand it BMR/Warren Scott is the promoter and bought the lease off Len Silver Steve Jenson is named as co promoter.   Depending on how finances are set up it could be that a Bank may be owed money therefore they could take over the assets ie the leasehold.  Goodness knows how a this saga is going to end up.

1 minute ago, hammer1969 said:

As I understand it BMR/Warren Scott is the promoter and bought the lease off Len Silver Steve Jenson is named as co promoter.   Depending on how finances are set up it could be that a Bank may be owed money therefore they could take over the assets ie the leasehold.  Goodness knows how a this saga is going to end up.

An enlarged Go Kart track !

2 hours ago, screm said:

Not quite sure you can put the failing of Rye House solely down to Buster though I will concede it has happened on his watch. Don`t forget Buster needs the rest of the promoters with him to get anything significant done. 

Buster alone ousted Gordon & Morton in his lone attempt to take over. 

Gerhard engines was another solo project. 

He doesn’t do everything alone, his mate Godfrey often helps out. 

Someone mentioned have the crowds they gained from Lakeside two years ago gone back to Arena now they are in div 2? well simply put absolutely not, Lakeside have had poor crowds this season, I am talking almost as bad as crowds used to be on a Sky night, if it doesn't improve Lakeside could well follow Rye House.

2 minutes ago, Whisperer said:

An enlarged Go Kart track !

You could be right there.

23 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I REPEAT that any views I express here are my own. But I think in the very near future SS will be expressing its concern not only about British speedway but the magazine itself. The two go hand-in-hand and with attendances dramatically down right across the spectrum of British speedway sales of Speedway Star are inevitably adversely affected.

For sure I understand the views are your own Phil, but it must be difficult for people to disassociate the personal comment you back away from the views of a mag where you are a major shareholder.

Totally also understand that for the Speedway Star continue it goes hand in hand with a sustainable Sport.  

Time for an open frank appraisal by your mag on the state of Speedway.  I am sure it won’t make for pleasant reading, but I am sure your readership won’t be surprised by what is written. It’s out there for all to see.

• Like 2

Sad to see the demise of Rye House.

hopefully a return in 2019 at asuitable level

• Like 1