British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT'S coming and soon 

Phillip when it is coming could you please let us know on this forum so I can make sure I get a copy, I’m sure the sales will rocket with that issue 

i dont know much about the politics involved in speedway,   but i do know as someone who goes to every home meeting,  how much i will miss watching the rockets,  its a sad day ,  i prefer saturdays,  but still went on mondays & wednesdays, as you got to suport your team,  wether  they doing well or not,  i could moan about how run down the place is,  but would rather see speedway at a run down track , than not at all,  i hope they will be back and no other teams fold,  its a great sport &  as fans,  im sure we all hope things can get sorted , & it can come back stronger

1 hour ago, Whisperer said:

It might not be a bad idea to talk to some former Promoters to find out why they got out, oh and how hard they were shafted by their colleagues.

I think the best Ex Promotor to talk to would be Tony Mole, He has promoted at more Tracks than any of today’s Promoters, and he has stated that he made money at all of them, and he seems to of got at just at the right time 

6 minutes ago, jchapman said:

I would only get involved if i decided I had enough time to set up a new association which was based on a franchise model.

No rider assets and every club had a financial interest in every other club to ensure they all worked together for the betterment of the sport.

So why would I not be happy to tell. Of course but too much for me to detail on here and far better for a journalist to write a piece.

Good idea.

Happy to tell...Pi$$ing people off you might have to work with ?

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

There aren’t enough riders of suitable quality to complete all teams. It’s been a problem since the BSPA weakened the sport year on year and also riders pricing themselves out of a team place.

The fixed night racing has virtually worked for doubling up however clubs really need the option to ride on a night that suits them.

The sport really needs a fresh way forward if it can recover from this season.

In reality teams had the choice to race in the league that races on the night they want to race. If the Premiership could only attract seven teams that would be their problem as I am sure that the Championship would have loved to have an extra team or two in their ranks because they could have simply scrapped the idea of the Shield competition. The whole situation today is exactly what happened in 1964 when the National League disregarded the wishes of the other clubs around the country and had to beg them to let them join the new British League because few if any Provincial League clubs wanted to ride in the National League.    

2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Defending Monday night speedway in a thread about a team who have closed due to moving to Monday night!!

Only you could do that, lol!

The rather sad bsf gift that really does keep giving.

Has another club closed down? Every week I saw the Rye House fixtures they have ridden on a Wednesday at home. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jchapman said:

Now I wonder who could give some great insight on that topic

I can think of at least half a dozen capable business/marketing oriented individuals that were driven out by their colleagues. Colleagues who were so set in their ways they were horrified to hear and have proposed new ideas and initiatives, colleagues who stood up and marched out of the room when changes were being debated. Some stayed but lowered their ethics and integrity to the level of the majority and only one has managed a balance between a lack of integrity and local marketing initiatives to maintain a steady business. Nobody has ever invested more money promoting a club and benefiting the sport than Rick and Julie yet the way they were treat was appalling.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, noaksey said:

It appears that Fridays in the championship are a contentious issue all of a sudden. Bizarre when the fixtures have been known for some time.

Not if your looking for guests every week and can't get them on a Friday, oh and your number 1 is going to miss most of the season!

45 minutes ago, Whisperer said:

Not if your looking for guests every week and can't get them on a Friday, oh and your number 1 is going to miss most of the season!

Fixtures now removed from the list. Official Workington have confirmed this morning with 2 other clubs presume Lakeside and Peterborough affected 

30 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Fixtures now removed from the list. Official Workington have confirmed this morning with 2 other clubs presume Lakeside and Peterborough affected 

I don't really follow what's going on too much in the Championship anymore - what's the story here then?

Workington are stating they have to rearrange all their Friday fixtures after this week, and that 2 other Championship clubs are also affected. Nothing about this on Lakeside's site as yet. One thing I'm sure of, if Lakeside are not going to be allowed to keep their traditional Friday night, that could well be the death knell for the club. I really hope this isn't going to be the case.

4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I don't really follow what's going on too much in the Championship anymore - what's the story here then?

Just now, Bryce said:

Workington are stating they have to rearrange all their Friday fixtures after this week, and that 2 other Championship clubs are also affected. Nothing about this on Lakeside's site as yet. One thing I'm sure of, if Lakeside are not going to be allowed to keep their traditional Friday night, that could well be the death knell for the club. I really hope this isn't going to be the case.

So far the match at home to Sheffield on 13th July has been removed from the BSPA fixture list as has the KOC meeting against Peterborough on the 27th. All remaining fixtures are still in place.

Just now, tocha said:

So far the match at home to Sheffield on 13th July has been removed from the BSPA fixture list as has the KOC meeting against Peterborough on the 27th. All remaining fixtures are still in place.

Not according to Workington's press release this morning.

8 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Not according to Workington's press release this morning.

I was referring to Lakeside's  fixtures not Workington's.

• Like 1