British Speedway Forum

45 minutes ago, ouch said:

I’d heard the one particular promotion refused to go on a Saturday due to the possibility of guests and also a promotion started taping up Rye riders just as the rumours started. 

There was an idea to keep the A fixtures in the table and award home wins to the 2 or 3 matches outstanding. This would have seen the Rye riders retain their PL average but again this was vetoed.

I am sure that any promotion involved in a play off place with one or  several or in one case all 7 riders would have blocked any move to a Saturday.

Secondly if certain riders had not been paid, who is to say such riders themselves would not have started a process of at least entering into dialogue with other potential club/s. Lets not deem riders as being stupid. Some of the more clued up and potentially well represented legally, would have had an idea RH were possibly in deep brown smelly stuff as riders like Harris and Nicholl's have both faced non payment of wages from overseas clubs before so are pretty clued up as to how things are looking. If I was a rider for sure I would have started tapping in to potential suitor/s on the Q.T to protect my income. It was the end of June when this blew up but no doubt had been possibly building for some time. Still 3 months at least of the  season to go. Let's not assume it was a club/s tapping up the riders after the announcement.

If one didnt know better one could say ahhh yes its Poole. Have potentially 7 riders (the whole team) who cant ride on a Saturday (thus poss losing points in their quest for a play off) and Matt Ford said around same time as the announcement that he was keeping options open and would not rule out a further change to the team if it didnt perform even if it meant releasing an asset in the short term.

But that would just be cynical as none of us know if a club or clubs or even the riders themselves tapped each other up. All we do know is their are financial problems also involving the riders and the owners given the opportunity to resolve them can't and as such their licence is revoked.

If you view companies house information on the company you may get an idea as to the difficulties. 

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Before some go on the defensive as to putting out rumours which are baseless let's not lose site of the BSPA/SCB announcnement and for me the relevant section.

BMR Speedway Ltd, the club owners, and riders made the British Speedway Promoters’ Association aware of debts building and every opportunity was given for these to be reduced and finally settled.

However, it has become apparent this is now not possible.

Note the  ref to RIDERS. That in effect is near enough saying not been paid.

Pretty clear in fairness 

Depends on who wants to sign them, at BSPA all are equal but some are more equal than others

Edited by wealdstone

14 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

When is the deadline for signing riders.

August 12th, effective from August 15th. (Unless the rules are changed mid-season?!)

9 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Lakeside v Glasgow postponed because of England’s World Cup match.

Can’t be because anyone in Glasgow is interested in the football - lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of speculation on here but in simple terms a club that is annulled cannot stage speedway until all the liabilities have been discharged and then they have to re-apply for membership which could demand a greater bond. If they sell the club all of the in house debts have to be settled before ownership can be transferred and the new promotion stage speedway, the money would go through the BSPA. The BSPA have the right to sieze the rider registrations, utilise the bond and withhold any monies due to BMR to raise sufficient funds to meet their in house debt. BMR cannot legally stage speedway without a track licence and approval from the ACU. The ACU were constitutionally given legal right to control all motor cycle sport (speedway too) in the UK and choose to delegate their responsibility to the SCB which is renewed by contractual agreement on a very regular timescale. Anyone who chooses to run speedway on an unlicensed circuit controlled by unlicensed people are outside the protection of the ACU and FIM which in effect means that no ACU/FIM licence holder can compete or officiate at or on an unlicensed facility. All motorcycle disciplines affiliated to the ACU in the UK are protected by the off road motor sport regulations which exempts competitors and officials from motoring and construction and use regulations.

As a ridiculous example of this if an ambulance is called to a track to an injured competitor the Police don't have to turn up and carry out an investigation for offences nor do they give a ticket to your number 1 because he hasn't got lights, brakes tax, insurance, mot etc. The temptation is to mock but it is the RAC/ACU who lobbied Parliament years ago to secure immunity from prosecution for motor sport competitors. This is slightly different in Scotland where the Police may show up to satisfy themselves that it is in fact a motor sport event.

The regulatory powers of the SCB/ACU were defined following the Shawcross Report and are enshrined in the ACU Constitution for track racing so BMR need to find a compromise but then again the current Management Committee don't give a rubbish about legality or constitutions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Because it is inevitable .......falling crowds over the last 5-10 years at least , anyway it’s not the promoters fault it’s the fans fault for not flocking to the stadiums.

;)

100 % correct..

When I stopped going regularly, invariably due to reading about the Mickey Mouse proceedings being proposed to be placed in front of me,  I do now accept that it was my duty to provide a 'Guest' for my absence, or at the very least I should have let Speedway use 'F/R' (the Fan Replacement Facilty)..

On behalf of myself and probably thousands of others who now longer attend in the frequency we once did...

Apologies..

It is our fault the Sport in this Country is where it is... 

:o

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

With the sad demise of R.House, and the current state of British Speedway, I bet Brandon Estates have a big smile on there faces, what ammunition this gives them to say Speedway is not a  profitable  business 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whisperer said:

Lots of speculation on here but in simple terms a club that is annulled cannot stage speedway until all the liabilities have been discharged and then they have to re-apply for membership which could demand a greater bond. If they sell the club all of the in house debts have to be settled before ownership can be transferred and the new promotion stage speedway, the money would go through the BSPA. The BSPA have the right to sieze the rider registrations, utilise the bond and withhold any monies due to BMR to raise sufficient funds to meet their in house debt. BMR cannot legally stage speedway without a track licence and approval from the ACU. The ACU were constitutionally given legal right to control all motor cycle sport (speedway too) in the UK and choose to delegate their responsibility to the SCB which is renewed by contractual agreement on a very regular timescale. Anyone who chooses to run speedway on an unlicensed circuit controlled by unlicensed people are outside the protection of the ACU and FIM which in effect means that no ACU/FIM licence holder can compete or officiate at or on an unlicensed facility. All motorcycle disciplines affiliated to the ACU in the UK are protected by the off road motor sport regulations which exempts competitors and officials from motoring and construction and use regulations.

As a ridiculous example of this if an ambulance is called to a track to an injured competitor the Police don't have to turn up and carry out an investigation for offences nor do they give a ticket to your number 1 because he hasn't got lights, brakes tax, insurance, mot etc. The temptation is to mock but it is the RAC/ACU who lobbied Parliament years ago to secure immunity from prosecution for motor sport competitors. This is slightly different in Scotland where the Police may show up to satisfy themselves that it is in fact a motor sport event.

The regulatory powers of the SCB/ACU were defined following the Shawcross Report and are enshrined in the ACU Constitution for track racing so BMR need to find a compromise but then again the current Management Committee don't give a rubbish about legality or constitutions.

exactly what I was thinking and because of that I can not see there will be any speedway at Rye again this year or in future until all debts are paid 

Random question based on reading the vast majority of this thread. Who is making the most money from speedway right at this moment in time? One company or individual must still be sitting pretty, so who is it?

5 hours ago, June01 said:

Random question based on reading the vast majority of this thread. Who is making the most money from speedway right at this moment in time? One company or individual must still be sitting pretty, so who is it?

If Kings Lynn ain’t making money no one is - Buster owns the stadium own the food and drink outlets so how can he not make money out of speedway ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Haza said:

If Kings Lynn ain’t making money no one is - Buster owns the stadium own the food and drink outlets so how can he not make money out of speedway ?

Well, although he may own the whole set-up, if he is not getting enough paying fans to meet his overheads, the business will not make a profit. But then, the BSF has spoken about falling crowd numbers for years. I was surprised when RH decided to go into the top level of speedway and did wonder if it could be sustained, but didn't in my own mind, predict a mid-season pull out. It is a sad state of affairs, especially after the original fight and hard work to get speedway back at RH. 

• Like 1