British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

I do not know the chap, but I do know this forum excels at character assassination. Character assassination usually comes from people with an alias, whereas Rob has the balls to use his real name. As Rayleigh says, take no notice Rob, by trying to get at you, it is distracting their minds from the crisis in speedway!  

You've never said truer words in your life....

That is probably why many people no longer can be bothered with the Forum. I know, have been in contact with, a number of folk who have packed in due to the unpleasantness on here by certain people.

I, myself, do not Post as much as I used to - I still read it though.

• Like 6

Robs worst mistake is to be on this forum at all, I remember Irs123 berating me about Wimbledon when he is in Hamberg, Hanover Berlin or wherever and is obviously a regular attendee and long term sponsor... sorry no, that's factually incorrect like most of the post on here!

All you cyber warriors have big balls behind a keyboard, but nothing when it comes to real life! for example, -I gave a detailed explanation of what went on at plough lane including telling everyone that my former partner was a crook ... (since proved) and got castigated for it by people who were not even there! including from the moderators who had been threatened with Legal action!

Anyway, that's why life is too short to waste time, and the skin cells on the end of my fingers typing out words of one syllable so you pond life can understand what is being said!

this is an intervention so Rob,... step away from the keyboard, do not go on this forum and find something positive to do  with Life, the universe and everything instead of disappearing down this black hole!!

I had a very interesting meeting yesterday with you- know- who and he/they told me (speedway) things which with make your eyebrows curl! if you promise not to conduct any more conversations with these anally retentive monkeys on here i will phone you tonight and let you in on it.

.....let the bile now flow forth....

Steve.

8 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

You've never said truer words in your life....

That is probably why many people no longer can be bothered with the Forum. I know, have been in contact with, a number of folk who have packed in due to the unpleasantness on here by certain people.

I, myself, do not Post as much as I used to - I still read it though.

While I agree with your view, someone who uses terms like 'scum'  and 'nasty idiots' to describe other posters doesn't deserve much sympathy when those others hit back. 

• Like 5

When reverting to pathetic, childish name calling then the argument is lost

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ben91 said:

There are many Rye House fans, myself included, who have lost our club and are devastated by this. Yet it seems to have turned into a crusade by Rob to make himself out to be the most hard done by. It’s sad. And for the record he isn’t. Those who were on the terraces EVERY week and who went away as often as they could in the name of supporting Rye House are (not counting myself as one of that number, as I wasn’t). 

I don’t care about crowds at Belle Vue, or how Coventry are doing at Leicester. They have their own threads. And above all else I don’t care about reading Rob McCaffrey name calling and being a big part of the reason this thread has descended because he can’t enter into a debate without making things personal as opposed to giving a reasoned answer to those who have a different opinion to him. 

well said Ben the fact that our club has gone (and how it has happened) is far more important than all the rubbish being spouted on here. Would like to see some discussion as to how the situation can be reversed as all the hard work getting the club back etc seems to have just been thrown away - I don't care about money/politics etc all I know is somehow the real fans of the club seem to have been taken for granted and I guess we could all see problems coming with the way things were going  but didn't ever think that everything would be thrown away in 2 years.   My real disappointment is that I do not see any way back for the club and as for seeing any speedway there this season there is not a hope in hell

• Like 2

All the clubs could have got round the table and with give and take an agreement reached on the moving of fixtures to help the Rockets. 

Never an option though as Buster said no. I think one or two other clubs, unbelievably were not arsed about them closing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ouch said:

All the clubs could have got round the table and with give and take an agreement reached on the moving of fixtures to help the Rockets. 

Never an option though as Buster said no. I think one or two other clubs, unbelievably were not arsed about them closing. 

And who would have paid the debts ? the fairy godmother !!

45 minutes ago, startline sid said:

well said Ben the fact that our club has gone (and how it has happened) is far more important than all the rubbish being spouted on here. Would like to see some discussion as to how the situation can be reversed as all the hard work getting the club back etc seems to have just been thrown away - I don't care about money/politics etc all I know is somehow the real fans of the club seem to have been taken for granted and I guess we could all see problems coming with the way things were going  but didn't ever think that everything would be thrown away in 2 years.   My real disappointment is that I do not see any way back for the club and as for seeing any speedway there this season there is not a hope in hell

There are plans to stage some dragons amateur meetings at rye. Wether this happens or not, who knows. I think the first one is scheduled for the end of the month.

54 minutes ago, startline sid said:

Patience, Dear Boy, Patience

44 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

And who would have paid the debts ? the fairy godmother !!

Apologies, I didn’t realise they were running up debts last year when running on their preferred racenight. 

The situation is worse than I was aware of. Very sad. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1

Just now, ouch said:

Apologies, I didn’t realise they were running up debts last year when running on their preferred racenight. 

How could one deduce from your post that you were referring to before this season. " I think one or two other clubs, unbelievably were not arsed about them closing" cannot be prior to this season surely ?  I was talking about this season.

17 minutes ago, ouch said:

Last season rye only staged 7 meetings on their preferred Saturday race night. The rest were run on Mondays and Wednesday's.

47 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

How could one deduce from your post that you were referring to before this season. " I think one or two other clubs, unbelievably were not arsed about them closing" cannot be prior to this season surely ?  I was talking about this season.

I was referring to this season but you said who would pay the debts. 

I presumed BMR would pay just as they did last year when running on their preferred racenight, but you obviously thought that not possible with your fairy godmother post. 

38 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Last season rye only staged 7 meetings on their preferred Saturday race night. The rest were run on Mondays and Wednesday's.

Did they run up debts?