British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, ouch said:

I was referring to this season but you said who would pay the debts. 

I presumed BMR would pay just as they did last year when running on their preferred racenight, but you obviously thought that not possible with your fairy godmother post. 

If it were possible they would have paid, hence the big delay from the 1st postponement  -when they had their licence suspended -to the announcement they had finished.

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Did they run up debts?

If we were then we should have been going in to the AGM last winter telling the BSPA that we would have to drop down a level if fixed race nights were voted in because it is only viable to host Speedway at the track on a Saturday night. 

From what I am told they were doing ok last season. Monday night racing pretty much the main factor in our demise. That and the fact we simply are not a top tier club.

16 hours ago, semion said:

When reverting to pathetic, childish name calling then the argument is lost

people who use  the queens English  to achieve the same end are no better though , there are some who  infrequently visit this forum , but when they do it's in response to some criticism they cannot handle  because they are as I call them Guilded lilies , have to rail against anybody disagrees with them and attempt to polish their own egos by belittling them , usually have a few clucking chicken followers to join their campaign , those people are the most pathetic 

How many other associaitians operate like the BSPA ,  whatever it took to see the rockets continue  should have been their priority ,  through the association assist when someone admits they are struggling , BSPA Sadly think they are doing them a favour by grasping for the bond money and sharing out the assets . if rye needed  saturdays and the  riders were prepared to keep riding  and take the chance of getting paid , thta's what should have happened ,  not " oh your in trouble , well thats ok just shut down and we''ll share out whats left "

• Like 1

This to me reads that had BMR been able to run as they wished they would have completed the season with all debts paid.

How do others interpret it?

It is with great regret that the Rye House Rockets have been forced from the Premiership league following the cancellation of the meeting at home against Swindon on 27th June 2018 by the BSPA.

Our proposal to the BSPA securing the future of the Rye House Rockets was categorically rejected.

We would like to clarify that BMR Speedway Limited continues to operate and remains committed to seeing Speedway as a major part of the future at Rye House Stadium.”

The future sees Speedway continuing at Rye House for the remainder of the season and forward into 2019. Updates will be provided on our website: www.ryehouserockets.co. 

Article from Neil Middleditch in Bournemouth Daily Echo re Rye House. I tend to agree with him about Motorcross mud on the centre green and while I appreciate Warren Scott is a business man I can't help wondering how much the mud pile cost and is that making him a profit as I haven't seen any events advertised for it yet and as a Speedway fan it certainly spoilt my views of the racing.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16345710.middleditch-saddened-by-rye-house-demise/

5 minutes ago, ouch said:

This to me reads that had BMR been able to run as they wished they would have completed the season with all debts paid.

How do others interpret it?

It is with great regret that the Rye House Rockets have been forced from the Premiership league following the cancellation of the meeting at home against Swindon on 27th June 2018 by the BSPA.

Our proposal to the BSPA securing the future of the Rye House Rockets was categorically rejected.

We would like to clarify that BMR Speedway Limited continues to operate and remains committed to seeing Speedway as a major part of the future at Rye House Stadium.”

The future sees Speedway continuing at Rye House for the remainder of the season and forward into 2019. Updates will be provided on our website: www.ryehouserockets.co. 

BPSA have rejected  a plan to allow Rye to keep racing.  I've no knowledge what the plan is but it seems madness not to help the club if possible.   If debts can be lowered and riders continue to earn a living that can only be good.    Maybe the Rye managers will say what the plan was and why it was rejected.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Patience, Dear Boy, Patience

so do you think that racing will continue this year? - sorry up until now I have been very optimistic about the whole new set up but I am afraid I am not now (unless you count a couple of dragons club meetings - no offence to them but they are hardly likely to pull any crowd in). I would love to keep my optimism going and will support any resurrection of the team but...………...

Edited by startline sid

50 minutes ago, startline sid said:

so do you think that racing will continue this year? - sorry up until now I have been very optimistic about the whole new set up but I am afraid I am not now (unless you count a couple of dragons club meetings - no offence to them but they are hardly likely to pull any crowd in). I would love to keep my optimism going and will support any resurrection of the team but...………...

dragons and  flat track are financial winners , the riders pay to ride , the stadium gets rent ,  and the track remains as a working speedway track . not a block of flats  or an Mx track 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adonis said:

dragons and  flat track are financial winners , the riders pay to ride , the stadium gets rent ,  and the track remains as a working speedway track . not a block of flats  or an Mx track 

If a block of flats is truly an option, sorry, but can't see that RH taking revenue from flat track, amateur speedway and moto X practice, will stop the owners flogging the site. :unsure: 

41 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

If a block of flats is truly an option, sorry, but can't see that RH taking revenue from flat track, amateur speedway and moto X practice, will stop the owners flogging the site. :unsure: 

I think the actual land is owned by lea valley park. Getting planning permission to pull it down for residential use might be difficult. One of my mates has always said It might end up as a boating marina type of development.

• Like 2

Worth keeping an eye out for a change of use with the council as the area is a designated motorsports site. Remember back in the early 00's with the clubs resurrection the locals in the flats and houses opposite, which were built after the Rockets 90's closure put complaints about the noise. The complaints were thrown out because the residents should have been aware they were moving next to a designated motorsports site.

7 hours ago, adonis said:

fully agree but it still means our speedway team is lost after early 20 years since its rebirth