British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, startline sid said:

so do you think that racing will continue this year? - sorry up until now I have been very optimistic about the whole new set up but I am afraid I am not now (unless you count a couple of dragons club meetings - no offence to them but they are hardly likely to pull any crowd in). I would love to keep my optimism going and will support any resurrection of the team but...………...

Hope to see you soon Startline Sid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

Hope to see you soon Startline Sid

Yes same here am going to various tracks at present ( always did anyway). P Boro Friday and Sunday and Brit sidecar champs at K Lynn on Sat 

Both sites are owned by BMR with the Kart side being leased to Motorsport World.

Don't know if the situation has changed, but the freehold of the land at Rye House used to be ( and may still be) owned by

the Lea Valley Park.  Can't see them allowing houses to be built...but who knows ?

If the Car Racing people who own Rye House Speedway offered a plan to BSPA to keep running, it must have involved paying off

the debts.  So we need to know...why did the BSPA refuse ?  More to this than meets the eye.  Given all the grand promises that

have been made about the stadium in the past couple of years, I would tend to doubt the promoters' words.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Don't know if the situation has changed, but the freehold of the land at Rye House used to be ( and may still be) owned by

the Lea Valley Park.  Can't see them allowing houses to be built...but who knows ?

If the Car Racing people who own Rye House Speedway offered a plan to BSPA to keep running, it must have involved paying off

the debts.  So we need to know...why did the BSPA refuse ?  More to this than meets the eye.  Given all the grand promises that

have been made about the stadium in the past couple of years, I would tend to doubt the promoters' words.

I am confused (often am!), Who are the 'car racing people', BMR? If so, odd that a car racing company owns, presumably, the RH assets? (not the stadium, as that seems to be LVP). Why would car people want to run speedway? After all, speedway effectively, 'kicked out' car people! :blink: 

2 hours ago, AJ said:

Both sites are owned by BMR with the Kart side being leased to Motorsport World.

My understanding is Len Silver had a 99 year lease which he then sold on to BMR but the actual freehold of the land is owned by Lea Valley Park so they would  have the final say in any change of use.  As another poster said the stadium has always been designated for motorsports so personally I hope that continues and Rye Speedway returns but having said that with the Local Councils and the Government passing plans for housing/flats on every spare bit grass they can get their hands on who knows what the future holds.

1 hour ago, Ray Stadia said:

I am confused (often am!), Who are the 'car racing people', BMR? If so, odd that a car racing company owns, presumably, the RH assets? (not the stadium, as that seems to be LVP). Why would car people want to run speedway? After all, speedway effectively, 'kicked out' car people! :blink: 

It is not really that surprising Ray as BMR are a motorsport company involved in many areas of racing including British Superbike racing in the past. I believe Warren Scott did race in the superbike series so obviously has a passion for 2 and 4 wheel motorsport.

• Like 2

With the recent signing of Summers and Harris on their latest Rye averages, I take it the Rye results were expunged.....ish .

Edited by ouch

So Chris Harris signs for Poole

It has been pointed out that Chris`s performance for Rye House were baffling to say the least this year (sadly this resulted in his average being reduced, but luckily for him a low average makes him more employable).

His one great performance this season was 4 wins and a fall on a 5-1 at Poole (but I am sure this was a coincidence that they happen to be his new employer) the rest of the season was littered with 6 point scores.

His form this season has been erratic due to various circumstances he himself outlined earlier this year, well I am so glad that immediately after losing his job at Rye House and is in the "shop window", he breaks the track record at Glasgow.

It would seem that by total accidence Chris is a very lucky rider.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dj350z said:

It is not really that surprising Ray as BMR are a motorsport company involved in many areas of racing including British Superbike racing in the past. I believe Warren Scott did race in the superbike series so obviously has a passion for 2 and 4 wheel motorsport.

BMR mainly involved in touring car racing these days, as the official Subaru factory team.  I think Warren Scott only drives in Rallycross these days after a stint in BTCC.  Can't be short of a bob or two, they run 3 cars and the budget is reckoned to be £500k to £1million per car per season, plus they employ probably the highest paid driver (Jason Plato)  and last year's champion Ash Sutton. They also run cars in the Renault Clio support series.  Mind you, just because they are spending big doesn't necessarily mean they are not running at a loss............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

So Chris Harris signs for Poole

It has been pointed out that Chris`s performance for Rye House were baffling to say the least this year (sadly this resulted in his average being reduced, but luckily for him a low average makes him more employable).

His one great performance this season was 4 wins and a fall on a 5-1 at Poole (but I am sure this was a coincidence that they happen to be his new employer) the rest of the season was littered with 6 point scores.

His form this season has been erratic due to various circumstances he himself outlined earlier this year, well I am so glad that immediately after losing his job at Rye House and is in the "shop window", he breaks the track record at Glasgow.

It would seem that by total accidence Chris is a very lucky rider.

No point in scoring big points if you're not getting paid is it?!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No point in scoring big points if you're not getting paid is it?!

Who says he hasn't or wont be paid?

Prehaps trying every week would have resulted in better results for the team, then more fans will attend, then more money is raised, then he gets paid earlier?

29 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Who says he hasn't or wont be paid?

If they had the money to pay - but chose not to pay - while they were operating, where are BMR going to get it from now they cannot run?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

If they had the money to pay - but chose not to pay - while they were operating, where are BMR going to get it from now they cannot run?

Im not a spokesman for BMR but thier quotes said the money was going to be paid. So I take them at their word.

And the story that the club itself is still owed money still seems to be rumbling on.

Edited by AJ