British Speedway Forum

Harris is known to follow the money so you may be right.

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

In the Chris Harris interview in this week's Speedway Star, he reckons he is still waiting for payment for 9 meetings for Rye House!!

All the team are still owed for 9 meetings and hearing from someone who knows it doesn’t sound like they will be paid anything.the bspa  won’t pay them anything and said  if they want paying they have to take BMR to court for it.

My opinion Rye house should not be allowed to run speedway at any level(even practise days and make money ) until there debts have been settled.It is a complete joke.

good look to all the owed riders for 2019.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The bond I think may only cover debts to riders at what is regarded as 'standard rates'

Concensus seems to be the Rye deals were far from standard

It may well be that the riders therefore consider they are still owed for the 9 meetings even if the standard rate has been paid out

Just speculation on my part - I have no information or evidence as proof and no knowledge as to whether any payment has been made

Of course that’s assuming Rye paid a bond in the first place.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Very good point, the bond can be made up of actual money or assets which everyone knows are effectively worthless except upon paper. Im still surprised the Harris has the cheek to say he was under paid after some of his Rye House efforts, would have thought £2.50 and a packet of wotsits would have covered it. 

Its beautifully ironic that riders "can't make it pay" so jack up their prices, put clubs out of business and then don't get paid at all (maybe if they weren't so greedy they would still be taking a wage). Also the bspa, the governing body that has the "best interests of speedway" at its heart is determined to keep Rye House closed and see one of the limited speedway venues the country has lost to the sport. 

• Like 2

It's not just the debts though is it. Rye House stadium is a mess and needs big investment. Who could afford such an outlay with very little chance of a return on their money. Hoddesdon might be another venue that is consigned to the history books.

56 minutes ago, dukie said:

keep the faith perhaps buster will buy ryehouse  for 2020

Surely that would make far too much sense. Why save a team from extinction when he can buy a team (Ipswich) that wasn't up for sale.

• Like 1

There was a release that all rider's owed were paid out of the bond.

Because the rider's were paid out of the bond they can no longer chase the promotion for outstanding debt.

Some rumours were that Harris wage worked out more per point that Doyle's Somerset contract, if so, imo Harris was ripping off the Rye House owners and doesn't deserve any outstanding payment. 

• Like 3

On 1/11/2019 at 8:11 AM, SPEEDY69 said:

Harris is known to follow the money so you may be right.

And who can blame him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

There was a release that all rider's owed were paid out of the bond.

Because the rider's were paid out of the bond they can no longer chase the promotion for outstanding debt.

Some rumours were that Harris wage worked out more per point that Doyle's Somerset contract, if so, imo Harris was ripping off the Rye House owners and doesn't deserve any outstanding payment. 

Not sure I quite follow the logic here, presumably Harris would negotiate his own contract with the Rye House promotion so well done to him for getting a good contract. You might want to ask why the Rye house promotion were so daft to agree to a contract they weren't able to afford,  presumably Nicholls, Kasprazak and co had equally lucrative contract, little wonder then that Rye House found themselves in the mess they did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, screm said:

Not sure I quite follow the logic here, presumably Harris would negotiate his own contract with the Rye House promotion so well done to him for getting a good contract. You might want to ask why the Rye house promotion were so daft to agree to a contract they weren't able to afford,  presumably Nicholls, Kasprazak and co had equally lucrative contract, little wonder then that Rye House found themselves in the mess they did.

It's clear what I mean. The rider's took advantage of promoters that clearly had no idea about Speedway.

Is it well done Harris? Through the rider's greed, the club closed down and they wasn't paid their full contract and actually ended up worse off because of it, so it isn't "well done" at all for anyone. 

55 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's clear what I mean. The rider's took advantage of promoters that clearly had no idea about Speedway.

Is it well done Harris? Through the rider's greed, the club closed down and they wasn't paid their full contract and actually ended up worse off because of it, so it isn't "well done" at all for anyone. 

The riders will get their money either directly from the promotion or from the bond, in reality one and the same really, in fact haven't at least some of the riders had their money. If the riders did take advantage of a promotion who had no idea about speedway, then more fool them, as surely in those circumstances you would get someone in at least to advise on doing rider contracts. I don`t put blame any of this at the door of Chris Harris.

• Like 1

Its what happens when clubs offer inflated guarantees to riders.  Bomber still reckons he's owed money for 9 meetings in this week's Star.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:00 AM, bigcatdiary said:

GOOD point... it has been suggested that some tracks consider their rider assets (which, in fact, are not really tangible assets in the first place) as their bond. 

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1