British Speedway Forum

I think some people are confusing Rye House with Belle Vue on here.  The 1500 crowd figure was posted in relation to Belle Vue.  The 400 figure was posted in relation to Rye House.

• Like 2

As have the long drawn out BSPA negotiations. If the rumour I heard was that a prominent Championship team were going to take over the Rye House position in the Premiership and vice versa mid-season. That's a lot to talk about IF it is more than a rumour. A real House of Cards that would be. Has to be a fantasy?

44 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

As have the long drawn out BSPA negotiations. If the rumour I heard was that a prominent Championship team were going to take over the Rye House position in the Premiership and vice versa mid-season. That's a lot to talk about IF it is more than a rumour. A real House of Cards that would be. Has to be a fantasy?

I can't even begin to think how that would work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Well I think the BSPA all live in fantasy land anyway.  If that idea was even being considered it has to be the daftest one they've come up with yet.  I think every supporter in the country knows that won't work.  If it's considered for next year it would be a good idea.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

This topic has definitely lost its way.

It always does when Starman starts posting.He thinks he knows BV crowd size and he's never been near the place.

6 hours ago, Shadders said:

Averaging around 400 I’ve been told. That’s not sustainable at Championship level, let alone the Premiership. 

I heard about 1500 needed to break even and only getting about 500.

1 hour ago, Weir said:

I heard about 1500 needed to break even and only getting about 500.

If that's true, it's a no go .Scott and Chris will swallow that up

4 hours ago, colin wood said:

It always does when Starman starts posting.He thinks he knows BV crowd size and he's never been near the place.

Only got to look with my eyes old son at the TV pictures, you dont have to be Einstien to work it out near as damit.. As i said , pull the wool over somebody else's eyes, you'l have to get up real early to fool me..;)

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Only got to look with my eyes old son at the TV pictures, you dont have to be Einstien to work it out near as damit.. As i said , pull the wool over somebody else's eyes, you'l have to get up real early to fool me..;)

So you've just seen the tv matches ?  How many of those have there been Starry ?  Not exactly an accurate way to guess at figures really imo.

So near as damit what was the crowd v Poole .It wasn't on tv I'm just trying to fool you. Ps if it was more than 750 you are wrong again.lol

Rye house is a dilapidated old stadium. It has been for years. It looks like it was thrown together in the 50’s and hasn’t been touched since. 

If if one of your biggest selling points is “the best fish and chips in speedway” you know you’re already knee deep in the brown stuff. No one seems to know ( or care) how to bring it into the 21st century in terms of comfort, catering, presentation or anything else that would attract someone to it as an evenings entertainment  

Its sad but just put it out of its misery. You really are flogging a dead horse 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Rye house is a dilapidated old stadium. It has been for years. It looks like it was thrown together in the 50’s and hasn’t been touched since. 

If if one of your biggest selling points is “the best fish and chips in speedway” you know you’re already knee deep in the brown stuff. No one seems to know ( or care) how to bring it into the 21st century in terms of comfort, catering, presentation or anything else that would attract someone to it as an evenings entertainment  

Its sad but just put it out of its misery. You really are flogging a dead horse 

Rye House using the fish and chips as a selling point stopped about a decade ago. 

The stadium does need work doing to it though and what has been done by the promotion to this point hasn’t improved it from when Len Silver left. 

That said, you don’t just put it out of its misery because we’re going through a rough patch. Until this point we’ve been one of the most stable clubs in the country since our reformation. 

When there were calls for us to move up a league in the mid-00s Len always said it wasn’t viable. He may not have been the best at promoting the club at that point but nonetheless it looks like he was right from a business standpoint. 

• Like 4

Jonny the spud obviously hasnt been to many of his boys home meetings at Lakeside then. Now that is an absolute dump. 

• Like 7

If I may return the topic to Rye House for a moment...I must say I really did think that some kind of statement would have been put out by now. Can the Speedway Star really go with a "let's pretend nothing's happened at RH" approach tomorrow?