Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Rye House today, Workington, Peterborough and Lakeside next?

Who knows just wait for the BSPA's next attempt to close a club or three, how about cancelling some of their fixtures for starters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO but why would Len or anyone for that matter want to spend money on a business that, in its current form, has already been administered the last rites?

Is this the angle we can expect the Speedway Star to come from now going forward Phil ? 

Game over ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, semion said:

Is this the angle we can expect the Speedway Star to come from now going forward Phil ? 

Game over ?

Regretfully this is the truth of the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, semion said:

Is this the angle we can expect the Speedway Star to come from now going forward Phil ? 

Game over ?

I REPEAT that any views I express here are my own. But I think in the very near future SS will be expressing its concern not only about British speedway but the magazine itself. The two go hand-in-hand and with attendances dramatically down right across the spectrum of British speedway sales of Speedway Star are inevitably adversely affected.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it a bit ironic, as the signing of Rasmussen and Schroeck to Rye House, opened the floodgates to drown 2nd division speedway and couldn't then keep afloat it's 1st division. That's how far back this all goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for clarity it’s the Speedway Control Bureau that has Annulled the Rye House Licence NOT the BSPA

 

.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrss said:

What did anyone expect? Rye stadium is a dump, the team is rubbish ,and the promoter is a prat. Little wonder people didn't support it.

And yet when I went at the beginning of last season the place was packed. Literally thousands were there. 

Its none of those things that has done Rye House, its the switch of race nights.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Argos said:

Just for clarity it’s the Speedway Control Bureau that has Annulled the Rye House Licence NOT the BSPA

 

.

 

AS it was with Belle Vue (Gordon and Morton)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone once told me Morton was hung like a donkey!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Halifaxtiger said:

And yet when I went at the beginning of last season the place was packed. Literally thousands were there. 

Its none of those things that has done Rye House, its the switch of race nights.

I agree with this but £10k each meeting is a huge sum, if true.  The BSPA release also said BMR notified them of the troubles, as well as riders.  As they are the leaseholders, did they sub-let to the promotors and charge a rent?  BSPA release doesn't make it sound like the promoters are BMR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orbiter said:

Someone once told me Morton was hung like a donkey!

Thought Capital Punishment was no longer legal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Someone once told me Morton was hung like a donkey!

Pathetic remark, 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Argos said:

Just for clarity it’s the Speedway Control Bureau that has Annulled the Rye House Licence NOT the BSPA

 

.

 

Just rubber stamping the decision of the BSPA. 

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I agree with this but £10k each meeting is a huge sum, if true.  The BSPA release also said BMR notified them of the troubles, as well as riders.  As they are the leaseholders, did they sub-let to the promotors and charge a rent?  BSPA release doesn't make it sound like the promoters are BMR.

As I understand it BMR/Warren Scott is the promoter and bought the lease off Len Silver Steve Jenson is named as co promoter.   Depending on how finances are set up it could be that a Bank may be owed money therefore they could take over the assets ie the leasehold.  Goodness knows how a this saga is going to end up.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy