British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Thank you for the explanation. All very complex and a tangled web. Maybe BMR have a legal case to take against the BSPA? By forcing BMR to operate on a race night which clearly was not producing sufficient fans and if BMR did ask to switch to a weekend race night, but were turned down, doesn't the BSPA share the blame for RH's demise? 

the BSPA have been responsible for the demise of loads of clubs , but sadly nothing changes . the associations in most other sports  actually come to the aid of lame ducks . the BSPA  just see it as an opportunity to  grab the bonds and any assets going 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Thank you for the explanation. All very complex and a tangled web. Maybe BMR have a legal case to take against the BSPA? By forcing BMR to operate on a race night which clearly was not producing sufficient fans and if BMR did ask to switch to a weekend race night, but were turned down, doesn't the BSPA share the blame for RH's demise? 

Surely when you are a member of a league you abide by the rules the league come up with?You can’t just say I am not doing that,it is bad for my club.Well of course you can.You have to leave the league....

55 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Surely when you are a member of a league you abide by the rules the league come up with?You can’t just say I am not doing that,it is bad for my club.Well of course you can.You have to leave the league....

Of course, they could have left the league, but I would imagine RH didn't realise how destructive a week day race night was going to be. Hindsight is a wonderful gift!  

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 10:25 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

You’re kidding, yes?

A four team tournament league? What idiot thought up that? I most certainly wouldn’t be bothered to watch that.

Do the maths Steve, no doubling up, reduced number of non UK riders = 1 rider 1 team.  If 16 clubs survive where are you going to get 112 riders for 7 man teams? Try 5 man teams it's nearer reality and with injuries and legitimate absences you're talking 4 + R/R or a rabbit to make up the numbers. Without being facetious I'm really surprised you're source hasn't leaked this one to you, maybe after Tuesdays showdown.

Edited by Whisperer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

You're right in principle but if the circumstances that influenced you to join change dramatically and you haven't got a vote to position your objection there really are only two options. Shut up and put up or get out, unfortunately Rye have had to do both.

8 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Of course, they could have left the league, but I would imagine RH didn't realise how destructive a week day race night was going to be. Hindsight is a wonderful gift!  

Everyone else did though. Rye has always been a marriage of convenience for South East speedway fans. That's why so many neutrals attended at weekends.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Whisperer said:

Do the maths Steve, no doubling up reduced number of non UK riders = 1 rider 1 team.  If 16 clubs survive where are you going to get 112 riders for 7 man teams? Try 5 man teams it's nearer reality and with injuries and legitimate absences you're talking 4 + R/R or a rabbit to make up the numbers. Without being facetious I'm really surprised you're source hasn't leaked this one to you, maybe after Tuesdays showdown.

Well I guess “my source” will tell me if it comes about, but I will say that if it does, 2018 would be my last season watching the sport live, which would be a shame.

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well I guess “my source” will tell me if it comes about, but I will say that if it does, 2018 would be my last season watching the sport live, which would be a shame.

The only sauce he's got is the tomato kind.

1 hour ago, Whisperer said:

Do the maths Steve, no doubling up reduced number of non UK riders = 1 rider 1 team.  If 16 clubs survive where are you going to get 112 riders for 7 man teams? Try 5 man teams it's nearer reality and with injuries and legitimate absences you're talking 4 + R/R or a rabbit to make up the numbers. Without being facetious I'm really surprised you're source hasn't leaked this one to you, maybe after Tuesdays showdown.

There's 150 riders on the 2016 end of season list so that's plenty. One league with no double uppers is feasible.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

And each of the 16 teams to have at least one Brit under 23, whether that be someone like Wajtknecht or Kemp at reserve or Lambert or Bewley in the top five.

2 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

Why?Last season they ran a number of meetings on an off night I think....nothing to do with hindsight.It seems the people running the place made some very poor decisions

15 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Why?Last season they ran a number of meetings on an off night I think....nothing to do with hindsight.It seems the people running the place made some very poor decisions

Probably on riders wages!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And each of the 16 teams to have at least one Brit under 23, whether that be someone like Wajtknecht or Kemp at reserve or Lambert or Bewley in the top five.

The last time something like this happened people were surprised by the number of retired riders (of various ages and for various reasons) who came back to ride. 

It's looking like RH has been thrown out of the Balloon in order to help BV to stay in it, and by so doing keep it in the sky. 

But it still resembles the one from the Cider advert, scraping the rooftops with Buster at the controls.

• Like 2

Nothing at all to do with BV. 

When we ever received help from the authorities?

I’d love a more detailed post so I can put you straight on your misunderstandings.