British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

All the time the present incumbents are still on site, the track will remained unlicensed. The stadium ownership is the biggest obstacle to overcome, if professional Speedway is to be staged there again.

Whilst it may be problem for the current owners to granted a licence by the BSPA , I  believe another promoter could cook up a deal to run at the stadium and BMR would revert to being landlords.

14 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Whilst it may be problem for the current owners to granted a licence by the BSPA , I  believe another promoter could cook up a deal to run at the stadium and BMR would revert to being landlords.

Let's hope so. It's getting increasingly difficult to find any speedway to watch in the South East. At least Len still stages regular meetings at Kent.

Just for the uninitiated who owns the stadium and who are the Speedway Promoters?

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just for the uninitiated who owns the stadium and who are the Speedway Promoters?

Speedway stadium and kart track behind are on a long lease to BMR, who were also the speedway promotion. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, Rayleigh said:

Hi Startline Sid,

Please read the Barraiders comments on the Championship page.

ok see what you mean - nothing about it on Lakeside website (still not surprised by that as this sport is not re known for keeping fans informed of anything) - we will see what happens

Lakeside host Peterborough at home in the ko cup on 29/9. I presume this meeting will be staged at Arena Essex, unless someone knows something I don't.

Edited by cityrebel
Spelling mistake

48 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Lakeside host Peterborough at home in the ko cup on 29/9. I presume this meeting will be staged at Arena Essex, unless someone knows something I don't.

I see the 29th September is a Saturday and I thought Lakeside said they would not ride host a meeting at the Arena Essex Raceway on a Saturday "confused"

35 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

I see the 29th September is a Saturday and I thought Lakeside said they would not ride host a meeting at the Arena Essex Raceway on a Saturday "confused"

They have rode 2 there already this season.

The Rolling Thunder Show, car racing, has a fixture for Ninja Sprints Southern Championship, Stock Rods, Superstox, Junior Hot RodsRTS Hot Rods, Euro Rods and Thunder Cars which could be interesting or could point to the speedway not being at Arena Essex!

If the 14th September is the last meeting at Lakeside before moving, i would thought Mr Cook should have informed fans to promote this and also relay information on the other remaining home fixtures and location?

Track staff have been informed there is a speedway meeting on sat 15th at rye house

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Hi Startline Sid,

Finally its official see you on the 14th.

Whilst Im delighted to get to go to Rye House Stadium again  spare a thought what the poor Lakeside fans feel about the demise of their track, clearly I know this feeling all to well.

3 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Hi Startline Sid,

Finally its official see you on the 14th.

Whilst Im delighted to get to go to Rye House Stadium again  spare a thought what the poor Lakeside fans feel about the demise of their track, clearly I know this feeling all to well.

i think next season is going to be an interesting one regarding RH. IF we go to say one big league or say  2 Leagues with one being top league and top Champ Clubs and second League being bottom Champ and N/L Clubs where will this put the new Rye House Hammers??? We know 3 riders also serve Swindon and are in effect their assets. Lawson also rides Somerset so where would that put Rye ??

Could it be that next season and to protect their preferred Saturday night racing (from a crowd perspective) maybe they could lose all 4 of those riders by or thus dropping into the weaker of what may be 2 Leagues with more of a NL make up of the team and some of the lower Champ riders???

Its an interesting thought but if we do go to the one league or as I mentioned a 2 league set up like above then can't see how Rye can keep in a |top  league IF..... Swindon are continuing.

All very quiet on the 2019 plans, if there are any.

As Elsie Partridge would say "if there is anybody out there, please say something"