British Speedway Forum

Is this the Rye House thread :D

Is this the Rye House thread :D

don't fixed race nights have anything to do with rye house then. As a hoddesdon regular since the early 70's, they will certainly have a big bearing on wether I can attend or not.
  • Like 1

don't fixed race nights have anything to do with rye house then. As a hoddesdon regular since the early 70's, they will certainly have a big bearing on wether I can attend or not.

Have you read the last two pages? The thread seems to have been hijacked by the 1 over 8 is rubbish brigade (most of whom don't appear to be Rye House fans).

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

Nigel Pearson in his video blog said as much. Belle Vue were unable to vote & the bottom 4 teams from this years league voted in favour of limiting a team to one rider over 8. If these teams don't use a rider with an average over 8 they have basically screwed other teams & riders over.

The outdated rule of not being allowed to vote for 3 years. What a lovely welcome to the top table for the Belle Vue promotion. I bet with the benefit of hindsight they regret not saying we'll put our necks on the line to dig you out of a hole BUT we must be allowed to vote on issues affecting our business.
  • Like 5

Could it be that 8 point plus riders cost a fortune and its a money saving exercise,?

nah, the riders closest to 7.99 will be asking for the earth

• Like 1

You could be right there Steve.,hadnt thought of that ,,,

• Like 1

The team should be built around KK, starting as a second string. He is, for me, the only rider I would say has to be retained. As for the rest of the side that finished the season:

Harris (7.63) - as entertaining as he can be, is on the slide and isn't worth his average.

Nicholls (7.48) - consistent, good around Rye. Would accommodate him if he fits.

Wells (6.75) - has reached his ceiling I'd say. Could take him or leave him but there are better options out there.

Barker (6.00) - has never been completely comfortable at Rye. Would be a gamble on his average which I don't think would pay off.

Robson (5.72) - average looks a little expensive for me but he was the top bonus point scorer in the league. As with Nicholls, would accommodate if he fits a slot.

Morley (3.29) - did what was asked of him but there are two pointers who can do the same job and save us 1.29 for higher up the order.

From there it depends on which riders want to come and race in the UK and who we can (or choose to) afford.

Some names to consider for me would be:

Sundstrom (7-7.22) - mentioned him here before. Scope for improvement in his average. Rides with KK in Poland. Knows his way round Rye too.

NBJ (4.15) - an asset, knows the track and has potential. His season was cut short by injury but could be a decent reserve.

Kennett (6.39) - averaged north of 10 at Rye from number one before being dropped. Away form improved at Poole. As a second string would increase his starting figure.

What's the Pl to CL average conversion mate?

According to the Rye website there will be some news in the next few days. Took a massive gamble on Watt last season, it may have cost us a play off place. Also, the experiment with Kennett as a number one didn't work. Swindon were all but written off when they announced their very top heavy team, but they did the business with a few tweeks.

A number one that can win races home and away must be a priority.

• Like 3

What's the Pl to CL average conversion mate?

I'm not sure tbh mate. I'm sure someone will know though.

A quick play with some numbers and I came up with this. The tail looks like it may be a little long though.

1. Iversen 9.04

2. Robson 5.72

3. Sundstrom 7.22

4. KK 6.86

5. Nicholls 7.48

6. 2 pointer

7. Busk-Jakobsen 4.15

Total: 42.47

According to those who should know at Peterborough last night, conversion rate next season is 1.3.

Edited by Brian

A quick play with some numbers and I came up with this. The tail looks like it may be a little long though.

1. Iversen 9.04

2. Robson 5.72

3. Sundstrom 7.22

4. KK 6.86

5. Nicholls 7.48

6. 2 pointer

7. Busk-Jakobsen 4.15

Total: 42.47

Not bad if NBJ rides to potential.

I think we'll go with a star name. I wondered if AJ was a possibility, or if we're interested in Doyley.

According to the Rye website there will be some news in the next few days. Took a massive gamble on Watt last season, it may have cost us a play off place. Also, the experiment with Kennett as a number one didn't work. Swindon were all but written off when they announced their very top heavy team, but they did the business with a few tweeks.

A number one that can win races home and away must be a priority.

when he guested for our No.1 at your place he didn't do too bad did he :D:D

But true, he did struggle as a No.1. Massive gamble that back fired.