British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You need a decent reserve, KK is unpredictable and Wells is average.

Deceptive rider is Ricky Wells. He joined Rye House during May and started quietly as quiet Americans do. However, from August he rode in eight meetings achieving an average of 8.11 and, possibly, won more heats than any other Rocket during this period.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, T.N.T. said:

DOYLE FOR ROCKETS

World Champion Jason Doyle could be on his way to Rye House as BMR want to get a serious attempt at reaching the play offs with a possible powerful top five and will join Harris, Nicholls, Kasprzak and Wells leaving two reserves on 2.00 averages to complete the team for 2018. 

Have only heard this could be the case if talks go to plan and the thought is that in 2017 they lacked a true heat winner on a regular basis. 

Personally I think this would be a good call if that is the way they are going as a strong main body of the team could virtually win a match on their own scoring 45 points from 22 starts as the reserves are sure to score at least one point from 8 starts. 

If this is their plan then well done as they could be the team to beat. 

While Doyle could very well be on his way to Rye House as I doubt he would get on with Buster at King's Lynn. Then Rye being nearer to home than Somerset, plus money is probably better at Rye. I doubt any team in the top tier would go with two inexperienced riders.  Could possibly go with Robson and Perks for Nicholls and one of the reserves. 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

He was Danny Birds of a feather about a week ago if I remember right.Says it all really:rolleyes:

One of the many aliases. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

While Doyle could very well be on his way to Rye House as I doubt he would get on with Buster at King's Lynn. Then Rye being nearer to home than Somerset, plus money is probably better at Rye. I doubt any team in the top tier would go with two inexperienced riders.  Could possibly go with Robson and Perks for Nicholls and one of the reserves. 

Why would Doyle not get on with Buster lol .

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If that is the lineup Rye would romp the league imo. They would be canon fodder at reserve but the top five would be very strong, especially at home.

Rye will always be strong at home.

Couldnt see a team that weak at reserve romping the league.

Doyle will be solid but Nicholls and Harris only going one way, KK unpredictable as well.

Good team, play off material but romping the league....no

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Why would Doyle not get on with Buster lol .

Just personally don't think they would mix after everything that went on with Batchelor and Holder last season and Doyle being friends with them both. I may be totally wrong but just a gut feeling. 

3 hours ago, Alan_Jones said:
Ricky Wells @RWells142
Looking for a Premiership spot for 2018. Please RT.

That's a shame, was hoping Ricky would be back next season.

Hope the team thats being put together is worth the wait.

Real shame about Ricky, he really clicked with KK in the "engine room" last season.

The only reason I can see for not using Wells is that the World champion is coming and by using Robbo or Ben B Rye House will be able use that point for a slightly stronger reserve than the two 2 point riders previously mentioned.

Yet again only in speedway does a rider pay for doing TOO well. Good luck Ricky hope you are back soon.

This is a question for Rye fans. From what I heard on Talk speedway podcast your promoter seems switched on yet. I think Rye House have the worst communication of any team. 

You havent don’t anthing on social media and you don’t have fan nights. I just want to know what you guys do get and it looks like you need more. He talks about getting GP riders yet can’t do social media. 

Will a GP rider be part of your team for 2018? 

I would have KK Harris Scott N and the rest would get rid of. 

5 hours ago, poolebolton said:

This is a question for Rye fans. From what I heard on Talk speedway podcast your promoter seems switched on yet. I think Rye House have the worst communication of any team. 

You havent don’t anthing on social media and you don’t have fan nights. I just want to know what you guys do get and it looks like you need more. He talks about getting GP riders yet can’t do social media. 

Will a GP rider be part of your team for 2018? 

I would have KK Harris Scott N and the rest would get rid of. 

why get rid of ricky wells loyal to british speedway nearly as good as the ones you mentioned

Edited by ray c

He is good, If he isn't somewhere from the start it won't be long before he is picked up. The main problem is that he is in the middle order and has never really looked like stepping up a level to improve, I think of him as a next season he will show us kind of rider and he does try hard and when he is good he is good but can also dip in form a little. Nicholls and Harris are sadly past their peak but still have it more often than not to produce or use what they know to get into positions to get an extra point here and there.

On 12/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, Greg said:

KK will go where the money is pure and simple . 

Thats actually not true at all. KK is in fact quite cheap so I've been told