British Speedway Forum

As a two point man Morley would be fine, but he is north of three and was when we signed him. Good at home, will struggle away. Similar type of rider to Luke Bowen (albeit not as good - awaits backlash).

Think Luke has got even better since he dropped back down.. he was what he was good at Rye not much elsewhere

Think Luke probably has the drop on Ben, but I doubt he's interested in anything but NL racing

Think Luke probably has the drop on Ben, but I doubt he's interested in anything but NL racing

Not a serious suggestion but cant imagine either way would want that deal

Not suggesting we sign Luke again, just pointing out the similarities between him and Morley.

Robert Lambert?

Indeed. All seems far from rosey at Kings Lynn and I'm sure we'd have the money to bring him in. He's good at Rye (track record holder). The top five I posted would be formidable at home and very handy away. Could swap Nicholls for Bomber but I personally prefer Scotty.

Wolves have done ok with Grieves on a 3 point average, Jack Smith hasn't exactly pulled up any trees at BV

Greaves has looked a lot better since Riss came into the side.

However for a rider who spent some time in the Cradley team he doesn't know the lines to ride round monmore still, same can be said for Clegg and he's done a lot of laps round there.

Key to any team is having a strong reserve from the start and also when that reserve goes into the main body of the team the rider dropping down is strong at reserve also.

Harris & Nicholls will be the first two names signed for 2018 mark my words.

Wouldn't complain if that was the case

If the averages do stay the same for next season. I wouldn't change much. I would like to see an out and out number 1 (GP Quality) but not sure it would happen.

• KK, Nicholls & Harris must return
  • Wells & Barker I'm not overly fussed about
  • Robbo & Morley Replace.

If the averages fit then id replace Morley with Perks, far better rider (especially away from home).

Kennett- Poole can keep him.

Lahti wouldn't be a bad shout if we can get hold of him.

• Like 2

If the averages do stay the same for next season. I wouldn't change much. I would like to see an out and out number 1 (GP Quality) but not sure it would happen.

If the averages fit then id replace Morley with Perks, far better rider (especially away from home).

NO NO NO.

Fitting an out and out number one with Nicholls, Harris and KK would be unlikely and/or would leave the tail end very weak which isn't good. Drop one of Harris/Nicholls and bring in Lambert and Sundstrom, one or both could end up putting a point or more on their current averages.

Perks' average dropped when he was at Wolves. I wouldn't say he's any better than Morley atm. Personally I'd swerve both and use a two pointer (Hume, Jenkins, Thomas etc, there's plenty about).

Kennett was averaging over 10 at home, and he won't average three away again next season. If bridges haven't been burnt when he was dropped he's a no brainer on his average.

Fitting an out and out number one with Nicholls, Harris and KK would be unlikely and/or would leave the tail end very weak which isn't good. Drop one of Harris/Nicholls and bring in Lambert and Sundstrom, one or both could end up putting a point or more on their current averages.

Edited by junior fan

Kennett was averaging over 10 at home, and he won't average three away again next season. If bridges haven't been burnt when he was dropped he's a no brainer on his average.

Not convinced he's 100% motivated these days. Lack of meetings hasn't helped him this year.

The best visiting number 7 I saw personally at Rye this season was Danny Ayres, he was excellent beating Harris, Wells, Robbo, Perks and Branford on his way to scoring 11

The best visiting number 7 I saw personally at Rye this season was Danny Ayres, he was excellent beating Harris, Wells, Robbo, Perks and Branford on his way to scoring 11

Next time he came he was pretty poor though so think that was a one off

• Like 1

Not convinced he's 100% motivated these days. Lack of meetings hasn't helped him this year.

There was a reason he lost some motivation, and you can't blame him really , doubt he would return under current management.

Junior

KK, Bomber and Scotty I would hope are bankers.

Ricky was a solid second string and deserves a spot.

Ellis Perks needs to be bought back at reserve and I'd have Jye Etheridge at reserve.

Leaving just one to fill once the limit is known.

There was a reason he lost some motivation, and you can't blame him really , doubt he would return under current management.

Junior

Yeah, I know all about that. Same reason Branford wasn't going to return this year Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Yeah, I know all about that. Same reason Branford wasn't going to return this year

What is it then?