British Speedway Forum

Probably not a great shock to regulars. They started a centre green junior track 2 years ago which was meant to be convertible into a tt dirt track combining the inner and outer tracks. Like many things at the stadium, not a lot of progress was made in the 3 months before I stopped going so I don't know if that was ever finished.

53 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

Probably not a great shock to regulars. They started a centre green junior track 2 years ago which was meant to be convertible into a tt dirt track combining the inner and outer tracks. Like many things at the stadium, not a lot of progress was made in the 3 months before I stopped going so I don't know if that was ever finished.

I think it may be a shock to some who stand on the back straight. I think that there will be a new supporter accessory that will overtake the fishing chair in popularity. The step ladder! Will need one to see the opposite straight over the jumps.

15 minutes ago, miadfa8 said:

I think it may be a shock to some who stand on the back straight. I think that there will be a new supporter accessory that will overtake the fishing chair in popularity. The step ladder! Will need one to see the opposite straight over the jumps.

Is that mess on the centre green legal?  Where are the paramedics going to sit? How about the track staff with the red flags etc  I thought they all had to stand about 4 metres from the track when a race is in progress - will they have to stand on top of a pile of mud?  And as someone else said people on the back straight will need a ladder to stand on to see the starting tapes.  Sorry but my opinion is this is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 2

Didn't think anything was allowed on the centre green and there had to be a 4m and 10m zone from kerb that had to be kept free? 

How can the ref see the entry into the 3rd bend?

Looks like Bye bye to the speedway in the future....

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 2

Just now, hammer1969 said:

Is that mess on the centre green legal?  Where are the paramedics going to sit? How about the track staff with the red flags etc  I thought they all had to stand about 4 metres from the track when a race is in progress - will they have to stand on top of a pile of mud?  And as someone else said people on the back straight will need a ladder to stand on to see the starting tapes.  Sorry but my opinion is this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Regulation 9.2.4

What a mess. Affect viewing as well.

33 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Regulation 9.2.4

Reading that regulation it reads to me that the mess on the green is illegal. Certainly looks like bye bye speedway at Rye.  Wonder how the referee will view it on the track inspection i won't be surprised if the meeting doesn't get the go ahead after fans have already entered the stadium.  Surely with alterations like this to the centre green someone from the SCB should be looking it over before the season starts.

• Like 1

What the &*+# is this monstrosity? Must be a wind up with April 1st near?

Who the hell puts a motocross track in the middle of a speedway track? Must be illegal. 

The view was diabolical last season with scaffold stands etc and they come up with this now. Joke of a club.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

What the &*+# is this monstrosity? Must be a wind up with April 1st near?

Who the hell puts a motocross track in the middle of a speedway track? Must be illegal. 

The view was diabolical last season with scaffold stands etc and they come up with this now. Joke of a club.

Wish it was an April fool unfortunately it isn't. To me rule 9.2.4 makes it look as if it is illegal but I suppose the powers to be will make the final decision and we all know how keen they are on their interpretation of the rules. 

Looking more closely at the video the stadium looks a real mess. They have bought in a shipping container in place of the scaffolding on the home straight and there is a new (refs?) box on the floor nowhere near in line with the tapes.

Anyone in the small stand in front of the pits/bend 1 won't be seeing a thing of bend 3 & 4 with the humps.

Anyone who used to stand at ground level won't see a thing. There was a problem with there not being enough viewing positions last season & will now be even worse as everyone needs to be up high to get any sort of view.

What an absolute shambles & embarrassment.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chris said:

Looking more closely at the video the stadium looks a real mess. They have bought in a shipping container in place of the scaffolding on the home straight and there is a new (refs?) box on the floor nowhere near in line with the tapes.

Anyone in the small stand in front of the pits/bend 1 won't be seeing a thing of bend 3 & 4 with the humps.

Anyone who used to stand at ground level won't see a thing. There was a problem with there not being enough viewing positions last season & will now be even worse as everyone needs to be up high to get any sort of view.

What an absolute shambles & embarrassment.

The shipping container was there last year and the scaffolding/stands were in front and above it, they are not there in the picture so will they or won't they be back. The white building to the left I believe is the burger bar so I don't think the refs box has been installed yet.  I totally agree that unless you are higher up than ground level you won't be able to see the whole track and the whole thing looks a complete mess.  I reckon the fans who came over from Lakeside last year will go back to Lakeside and possibly more of us may join them.

1 minute ago, hammer1969 said:

The shipping container was there last year and the scaffolding/stands were in front and above it, they are not there in the picture so will they or won't they be back. The white building to the left I believe is the burger bar so I don't think the refs box has been installed yet.  I totally agree that unless you are higher up than ground level you won't be able to see the whole track and the whole thing looks a complete mess.  I reckon the fans who came over from Lakeside last year will go back to Lakeside and possibly more of us may join them.

Get Lakeside, Ipswich or Glasgow or all 3 in the Premiership as soon as possible.  

No P and P 

No compunction for about 4 months

No real reason for Barker

I just cant see them being successful off track with this situation.  

I wish people would wake up, theres no tv money gone from 90000 a yr to 9000 and bspa?have taken that care of buster

Without other financial sources speedway will not run!!!

Mx arena is watched by 10000+@ 25 person say rye house get 4000@25 pp 4/5 times on a saturday night plus food/drink it aint rocket science

Support bmr 

I do or go to a stadium which is poor viewing and soulless like lakeside

I can give you a lift if you like?

• Like 1