British Speedway Forum

37 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen signs on a 28 day contract in place of the injured Stuart Robson

Don't know what he will be like on the Rye House track but he was pretty impressive at Leicester last week so hope he does well. 

17 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Don't know what he will be like on the Rye House track but he was pretty impressive at Leicester last week so hope he does well. 

I am sure he knows the rye track as well as anyone spending time there a while back.

42 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Look at his score at Rye last week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hackneyrocket said:

For the record, his three guest appearances have produced 25 points (incl bonus), which calculates to an average of 5.56.

4 hours ago, hackneyrocket said:

Okay I have looked. :o  I guess he is a very good signing then but as you will probably have noticed I didn't know much about him, except wondering if he was any relation to Alf Busk. :lol:

9 hours ago, Gemini said:

Okay I have looked. :o  I guess he is a very good signing then but as you will probably have noticed I didn't know much about him, except wondering if he was any relation to Alf Busk. :lol:

In my opinion NBJ should have been in the team from the start.

• Like 1

Seems a bizarre signing to me. Would of been better off keeping Robson in for a month and use R/R whilst taking advantage of Kenneth are reserve. Missed a trick there.

18 hours ago, Najjer said:

Seems a bizarre signing to me. Would of been better off keeping Robson in for a month and use R/R whilst taking advantage of Kenneth are reserve. Missed a trick there.

Kennett has been injured so unlikely he would want to take 7 rides.

2 hours ago, GWC said:

Kennett has been injured so unlikely he would want to take 7 rides.

Also if you use R/R and one of your other riders gets injured at the start of the meeting you could be down to 5 as what happened at Ipswich the other night.

On 03/05/2018 at 5:48 PM, Gemini said:

We were the side who gave him his first British team spot in 2015. So he'll be plenty familiar with the track. Should have been a permanent fixture in the team since then too in my opinion. 

Possible options for changes:

Kim Nilsson

Danny Gappmaier

Matej Zagar(seems he's only doing Polish league at the moment)

Gregorz Zengota

Krystof Buczkowski

Edited by Chris

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, Ben91 said:

We were the side who gave him his first British team spot in 2015. So he'll be plenty familiar with the track. Should have been a permanent fixture in the team since then too in my opinion. 

I think NJB would miss too many Wednesday fixtures due to his riding commitments in Denmark. He may even have to miss the home leg KOC match against Swindon on 23rd May although it is possible that his 28 day stint might have expired by then anyway.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:43 AM, Chris said:

Kim Nilsson

Danny Gappmaier

Gregorz Zengota

Krystof Buczkowski

Kim Nilsson would be suspect away , the bottom three look good and much more suited away . Could they get Zagar in though as over 8 points ? Great signing if so retaining Scotty and KK .

On 08/05/2018 at 11:43 AM, Chris said:

Kim Nilsson

Danny Gappmaier

Gregorz Zengota

Krystof Buczkowski

Never rated Nilsson, too inconsistent. Zagar used to do all he could to avoid racing at Rye when he was at Reading, doesn't get on with the track though granted it's a different proposition these days. Agree that there's scope to make changes though and feel that they could well be needed. 

On 08/05/2018 at 12:16 PM, tocha said:

I think NJB would miss too many Wednesday fixtures due to his riding commitments in Denmark. He may even have to miss the home leg KOC match against Swindon on 23rd May although it is possible that his 28 day stint might have expired by then anyway.

Was the reason given for him not being in the side from day one but I'm sure if offered the right deal in the winter, along with having a team spot at Berwick, he could have focussed on racing here first and foremost this season. 

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

Never rated Nilsson, too inconsistent. Zagar used to do all he could to avoid racing at Rye when he was at Reading, doesn't get on with the track though granted it's a different proposition these days. Agree that there's scope to make changes though and feel that they could well be needed. 

Was the reason given for him not being in the side from day one but I'm sure if offered the right deal in the winter, along with having a team spot at Berwick, he could have focussed on racing here first and foremost this season. 

Its OK playing fantasy speedway but all the options will be too expensive unless you unload either Harris, Nicholls or KK. without the TV money and reduced attendances from FRN I suspect the sport is in serious danger and coming to the tapes in April 2019 might be the biggest success any club can achieve this year.

That said, as shown on Monday (wasn't Nicholls excellent) its the bottom end of the team that may need tweaking not the top.