British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

I meant Poole doing any signings, did I say Rye House riders? You really make a meal out of nothing don't you!

We all know what you meant. :P

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

We all know what you meant. :P

You obviously don't! :party:

I was speaking generally, been said in the paper about Poole making one change so if the date goes by and nothing has happened I know we are stuck! :)

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You obviously don't! :party:

I was speaking generally, been said in the paper about Poole making one change so if the date goes by and nothing has happened I know we are stuck! :)

Oh, OK..I'm sorry, you didn't have the July 1st in mind...Re Rye house riders.:rofl:

I've not even looked if any Rye riders fit for Lynn.

Edited by Bald Bloke

29 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

This posted by Steve Jensen on Facebook

"A statement will be put out as soon as we ourselves know what is happening.
Wednesday’s crowd levels is a mayor concern, we are doing what we can to rectify and keep Rye House going."

So it sounds like they want Saturday's racing back 

Sounds like a glimmer of hope and it implies that the last few days have been at the behest of the BSPA.

Good luck with saving the situation Steve.

24 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Wednesday’s crowd levels is a mayor concern, we are doing what we can to rectify and keep Rye House going."

And if the race night is the main problem I think Steve Jenson will have lots of backing from the fans to revert back to that race night as many people I speak to find week nights a problem that has stopped them going as often as they would like to.  If we can revert back to Saturdays I just hope it's not too late to get back the supporters we have lost this year I do not want to lose another Speedway club that I support.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Sad to hear Rye have folded. All results expunged I guess. Sorry for the fans that did bother to turn up and the riders out of pocket. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

If your quote is word for word,and it is before SS post , then it seems SS jumped the gun. Probably right,but still a jump..

Lets all hope that Rye can get Sat racing if that is whats needed to keep them racing I like a lot of fans think stuff the other countries we need to get our league viable for the clubs riders and fans so we can watch the sport we love

• Like 5

There is no problem in my opinion with fans voicing ( or typing ) their thoughts on here as the forum is not so different as a group of fans sitting around in the pub. Ideas, rumours, theories always come up. Why should it be any different on here? Fans of speedway are interested in just about everything that happens within their ever-shrinking UK sport. Whether it is the bending of the rules on averages or something else "in the best interests of the sport". Or indeed the sudden cancellation or postponement of a fixture without any known and obvious reason. The potential loss of any club due to a drop-off in attendances remains, naturally, high on the OMG scale of interest. That's life and there is nothing wrong with it. You get speculation in the mainstream news media ( and fake news too). In fact, the news is increasingly about "what might happen tomorrow" than it is about reporting the facts of what has taken place!

like a load of vultures.....hoping for a rye house collapse,  so their own team  will benifit

• Like 4

The following from Somerset Website.

"Somerset Speedway regret to announce that due to pending internal problems at BMR Rye House Rockets, it has been necessary to postpone next weeks meeting at The Oaktree Arena on Weds July 4th.

We would like to emphasise that the circumstances are beyond our club's control and apologise to any fans and of course our sponsors for this postponement, but the decision to cancel has been taken early to try and mitigate any inconvenience to our patrons.

We hope to be able to accommodate Rye House to the Oaktree later in the season."

Surely now Rye will have to put some sort of statement on their website explaining the situation even if they can't go into full detail yet. Us fans deserve a bit more than having to read statements put out by other clubs telling us our meeting with them is postponed.

9 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Sounds like a glimmer of hope and it implies that the last few days have been at the behest of the BSPA.

Good luck with saving the situation Steve.

That's what I heard on Tuesday 

10 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Would it really of been that difficult to say something along those lines with their postponement announcement on Tuesday? It just shows how clueless people within Speedway are when it comes to PR. I think 99% of people would of accepted that they are looking to resolve it and wished them well, but the whole "say nothing" approach and keep the fans (the ones who they are going to be desperate for in the coming weeks) in the dark is idiotic in my opinion. 

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 3

Hi All,

OK, with Rye being my local track, here goes - my first ever post! Go easy on me?!

A ten-point blueprint for UK speedway 
  1. Cancel FRNs on the basis that they will only ever lure small number of international riders due to low wages
  2. Scrap the 'top' league on the basis that it can never operate with a small handful of clubs
  3. Build UK speedway back up by saving costs and increasing local interest through a single main league split into North and South and meeting in play-offs
  4. Allow any UK or international rider to earn maximum money by doubling up provided their two teams are on different sides of the north-south league and race on different nights 
  5. Introduce an inter-league knockout cup with mandatory rain covers for latter stages
  6. Create templates for local marketing and PR campaigns based around profiling home and visiting club captains 
  7. Run free entry/open day race meetings to lure new fans in with cut-price second meeting ticket offers 
  8. Develop relationships with other motorsport categories e.g. sidecars for demonstration racing at half time for extra spectacle and to increase the draw
  9. Form a national pressure group with local planning expertise to coordinate the resurrection of old tracks, creation of new tracks and new shared tracks with stock car promoters
  10. Launch a fan-owned charity to pursue a fan agenda, own a monthly online fan vote on pertinent topics and issue a regular public call to action to official governing bodies

Cheers!

Edited by CMW100