British Speedway Forum

FRN have never been a good idea, anybody with half an idea about finances and figures would know that by having FRN's you cut down your potential foot fall through turnstiles as you don't get the floating fans that will pull in a couple or more Premiership meetings a week but now have to be content with only one !

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

One of the implications Rye will suffer from by reverting back to Saturday is they'll be without at least 2 members of their team to Championship clubs. 

Also, Premiership clubs will vote against as it will give Rye an advantage at home for the race to the Play-Offs and the bumper pay days that come with it.

From a fans point of view Rye should be allowed Saturday's, from another teams business point of view you would dig your heels in and say "no chance".

It is a rock and a hard place situation 

Agree about the top line. But results wouldn't matter. It's all about seeing out the season and then take it from there.

Something like Rye ride the remaining home fixtures on a Saturday but sign an agreement to drop down to the Championship next season to keep the Saturday race night if fixed race night's remain in place for 2019.

Premiership clubs will have to do what's best for British Speedway as a whole now. Play-Offs can still be run on Monday/Wednesday on BT. Not being nasty but Rye wont make the play-offs anyway. So nothing to worry about here. All of the other home fixtures should be allowed to take place on a Saturday. If not then that tells the public how selfish certain members of the BSPA are (Not giving a monkey's about a sinking ship)

So imo my plan is this and I think it works out well.

*BSPA and fellow clubs agree to let Rye ride the remaining home fixtures on a Saturday. Not including Play-Offs. If they do make the Play-Offs then those fixtures have to take place on a Monday/Wednesday due to the BT contract.

*BSPA make Rye sign a contract that states Rye must drop down to the Championship in 2019 to keep the Saturday race night as they don't want lightening to strike twice.

*Both Rye and the opposition are granted a proper facility for missing riders. None of that NL guest rubbish that way the public don't end up short changed and the attendances don't end up half as bad.

That way Rye can see out the season and start fresh in the 2nd tier next season. 

Let's be honest opposing teams only have to go with a patched up team to Rye House once maybe twice at the most. Surely they can do that for the survival of a fellow club.

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What Poole fans? Only person seen is mff who doesn’t count.

Keep trolling. 

Your the one who told Rye House fans that there club had folded.  

23 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Is that a fact or your opinion?

Sadly, and from every source I have ever heard, its fact. 

• Like 2

Maybe the problems revolve around the financial status of the company that runs the speedway.

Warren George Scott is a director of several companies including BMR Speedway Ltd, BMR racing Ltd and Warren Scott Racing Ltd. Three companies in which he is involved are on notice about late filing of accounts and that includes both the BMR companies. Warren Scott Racing has a major controlling interest in BMR Speedway.

All three companies have given security including charges to Clydesdale Bank. It is possible that the businesses are cross guaranteed and if one or more are in financial difficulty, this would create events of default as far as the bank is concerned and unless the default is rectified within a fix agreed period the bank could crystallise its security to protect its position.

It could take just one creditor to file for a winding up order and life becomes difficult.  The speedway issues or more particularly the fall in income could be the catalyst that have forced non related parties to take action due to a deteriorating financial position where possibly the business is unable to meet its debts as and when they fall due.

The suspension of racing would in effect protect the directors particularly if the company were to be trading insolvently.

Hopefully the aforementioned scenario is not right but if it is then it may take sometime to get all parties onside. 

5 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Does it REALLY matter if some teams might be a rider short if Rye House run on a Saturday or Belle Vue on a Friday or Swindon on a Thursday.

Does it REALLY matter if your team finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th

I suggest it REALLY matters that 8 teams finish the season at the correct time

What matters in a sport is rules/guidelines are talked about an agreed to and subsequently stuck to.What should happen is if you don’t like the rules agreed to then you drop out and join a lower league.What should happen is that every club ensures that they have enough finances to pay their riders etc for a whole season.This happens in German football for instance where you have to give assurances and show a financial package or you get relegated.

What happens all too often in speedway is rules are agreed to then special dispensation is given so a rule can be broken by someone.And then people wonder why the sport is in such a poor state and not taken seriously.You are basically saying bugger those who have stuck to the agreement and have sorted a team accordingly,we want to do our own thing.Does it matter? Of course it bloody does or why bother with a league and why bother having agreements?

6 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Maybe the problems revolve around the financial status of the company that runs the speedway.

Warren George Scott is a director of several companies including BMR Speedway Ltd, BMR racing Ltd and Warren Scott Racing Ltd. Three companies in which he is involved are on notice about late filing of accounts and that includes both the BMR companies. Warren Scott Racing has 

The suspension of racing would in effect protect the directors particularly if the company were to be trading insolvently.

Hopefully the aforementioned scenario is not right but if it is then it may take sometime to get all parties onside. 

What seems strange in all this though is that it was announced yesterday that the would be holding a training school on Saturday!How does that fit in to all this?

3 hours ago, poppetman said:

Van Stratten and Ford got the race nights they wanted so that's all that matters.

Considering Ford wanted Thursday not sure how you got to that statement.

28 minutes ago, iris123 said:

What matters in a sport is rules/guidelines are talked about an agreed to and subsequently stuck to.What should happen is if you don’t like the rules agreed to then you drop out and join a lower league.What should happen is that every club ensures that they have enough finances to pay their riders etc for a whole season.This happens in German football for instance where you have to give assurances and show a financial package or you get relegated.

What happens all too often in speedway is rules are agreed to then special dispensation is given so a rule can be broken by someone.And then people wonder why the sport is in such a poor state and not taken seriously.You are basically saying bugger those who have stuck to the agreement and have sorted a team accordingly,we want to do our own thing.Does it matter? Of course it bloody does or why bother with a league and why bother having agreements?

What should happen is if you don’t like the rules agreed to then you drop out and join a lower league - I can see Rye dropping down next season but they need to survive this season. Any fines and licenses being revoked now, may prevent any continuation of the sport.

German Football - WTF does that matter in this case. Jeez

You're basically saying, Let's all be narrow minded and stick to the rules, even if it means a speedway club drops out.  What if BT sports pull out, still stick to the rules?

For once, I think the vast majority are hoping the promoters can work together. If they can do that (and I have my concerns) then this issue might actually help make changes going forward.

2 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

It is a little strange that when they could ride on a Saturday last season it seemed they hardly ever did so much so that they ended up racing 4 home fixtures very close together just so they could squeeze them in by deadline. Just wondering how Saturday has become more practical/desirable this year compared to last season!

They had poor crowds at those extra meetings.

11 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

What should happen is if you don’t like the rules agreed to then you drop out and join a lower league - I can see Rye dropping down next season but they need to survive this season. Any fines and licenses being revoked now, may prevent any continuation of the 

Why would it?They have,as i said already announced a training school for Saturday!!

If they have to drop out training school can still continue obviously until they can get their act together and join a league ata level they can survive

What happens when a promoter says we can’t put together a good enough team to pull in the punters with this team strength.We need to be able to sign riders over the points limit or we might fold,etc

17 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Why would it?They have,as i said already announced a training school for Saturday!!

If they have to drop out training school can still continue obviously until they can get their act together and join a league ata level they can survive

What happens when a promoter says we can’t put together a good enough team to pull in the punters with this team strength.We need to be able to sign riders over the points limit or we might fold,etc

If they are running a training school, then that is pure income and vastly different to running in the Premiership.

If they are forced to pull out of the league then a fine comes into play. So what are suggesting, that rule can be broken?

The license may be revoked, or again are you saying that rule can also be broken?

The 'What if' you're suggesting is a completely different scenario and once again irrelevant.

Edited by KevtheRev

1 minute ago, KevtheRev said:

If they are running a training school, then that is pure income and vastly different to running in the Premiership. If they are forced to pull out of the league then a fine comes into play. So what are suggesting, that rule can be broken? The license may be revoked, or again are you saying the rule can be broken.

Can’t understand what you are on about at all.Bit of a jumble that

3 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Ok going to give you all a serious post now. No joking around.

Personally I would let Rye House have the Saturday race night back ASAP. Yes patched up teams and an unfair advantage would be a joke but at least we haven't lost a club to British Speedway.

I say let teams actually have a facility for a missing rider/riders who have a Polish commitment and then that's fair. Rye House remain in the league. Teams are granted a facility for a missing rider or riders then we take it from there.

British Speedway simply cannot afford to lose yet another club and tbh fixed race nights will 100% be scrapped next year anyway because clubs will not agree to it due to finances.

This is the final era of British Speedway and it would be a massive shame if it was to end with club's folding one after the other. 

2 options patched up opposition for 4 months or lose a club all together. Easy decision and that's patched up teams.

Message for everyone. With every club that folds it's one step closer to your club shutting down not because of finances. It's because you wont have anyone to race against. 

Apart from Glasgow teams will not step up from the Championship to replace the Premiership teams. 

This is a time when people need to stop being selfish and look at the bigger picture. It's time to put Rye House first now and not our own clubs. 

We're at a time where there is no shining light at the end of the tunnel. It's all about survival and taking it year by year until the final day and the final nail gets hammered in.

No point talking about 1 big league next year and all that because it's not going to happen for a number of reasons. Which I wont get into because this is a Rye House thread.

All I'm saying is go back to basics now and just see out the season.

Let Rye House have those Saturday's back and continue to run because it's better than losing the club as I said earlier. 

Then every promoter needs to do what's best for British Speedway as a whole in the off season. 

A measured and sensible suggestion of what can be done to help Rye House out of this situation. I also agree re the point about one league is unlikely to happen as at present the clubs all have such diverse business plans (although part of me thinks that some clubs may not even have one).

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

What seems strange in all this though is that it was announced yesterday that the would be holding a training school on Saturday!How does that fit in to all this?

I would imagine because this would be a source of income for a cash strapped club. The only reason clubs run training days is because its another line of income. The amount of cash the riders pay more than offsets the cost of track prep, medical cover and insurance.  A sensible decision to try and get some money into the business in the short-term.

• Like 2