British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Steve, I am certainly not revelling in having information that is not available to the general public. I leave that kind of shallow stupidity to others. I have been trying to help people ffs!

There is a serious situation. This is not some trouble-making lazy gossip. I leave that rubbish to the many on here that love that rubbish. When I see stupid speculation on here though it is hard to stay silent. There IS only so much that can be said. Clearly it is a waste of time trying to help people by making them aware of the fact that this isn't a matter of failing to buy shale!!!

All will come out in good time. I guess the wiser course would have been to leave you all stewing in your own stupid gossip. Lesson learnt. 

Apologies - it wasn’t aimed at you (as you seem close to the situation) - it is all the wannabes that I find annoying

Posted (edited)

Okay, you win. I regret trying once more to help the BSF. I will remove all postings on the matter and you can all whinge on about how nobody ever tells you anything and maybe work out why?

EDIT: - There, all gone now. Apologies for disturbing the ignorance. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Russel took his share rightly or wrongly but that’s not the most, the majority went to the riders deals, and it wasn’t Ronnie Russell it was his brother

I remember one Promoter saying that the 'Sky Money' ultimately "paid for the No1"...

As it was circa £100k per track a season not a bad little earner for the man who invariably meant his team had to use Guests when he was often riding somewhere else rather than at his own teams' track..!

A resounding success of a Business and Operating Model if ever there was one....

Edit: And when tracks paid this money to ten or so 'top riders', crowds still dwindled at an alarming rate...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Okay, you win. I regret trying once more to help the BSF. I will remove all postings on the matter and you can all whinge on about how nobody ever tells you anything and maybe work out why?

EDIT: - There, all gone now. Apologies for disturbing the ignorance. 

Rob,

I hope you rescind your decision as I for one appreciate your views.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

What are the BSPA doing ? It seem someone on the verge of sport (R McCaffrey) is in the know yet they can’t release an official statement.  

If they want it all cloak n dagger they should find the source of Rob’s info.  Or even ask him who it is.  I’m sure he would respond as he has the best interests of the Sport at heart.  Don’t you Rob ?

• Like 1

It was an earlier leak that told us "there might be news on Tuesday". That, at least could have been confirmed by either RH or the BSPA but they chose to let speculation continue.

If anyone knows what is going on it’s Phillip Rising 

9 minutes ago, Argos said:

Quite a few people know what’s going/gone on, let’s just hope a resolve can be found but I do think the bspa should make some sort of statement even if it doesn’t go into the major details especially for the rye fans more than anyone 

25 minutes ago, Argos said:

By his own admission recently on this forum, he likes to tell just part of the story, to start minds and tongues working, then refuses to tell the significant rest of the story - for his own amusement

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

By his own admission recently on this forum, he likes to tell just part of the story, to start minds and tongues working, then refuses to tell the significant rest of the story - for his own amusement

In my opinion that`s mighty unfair on Phillip- he try`s to give as much info as possible without betraying confidences. This is very similar to what Rob McCaffery has been trying to do.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

In my opinion that`s mighty unfair on Phillip- he try's to give as much info as possible without betraying confidences. This is very similar to what Rob McCaffery has been trying to do.

This is what he posted on the "World Championship Pairs" thread
On 6 June 2018 at 9:18 PM,  Midland Red said: 

So why did you say anything, Philip?

Once again it's a case of "I know something but I'm not telling!"

Keep it shut if you haven't got anything to say in full

WHERE'S the fun in that?

1 minute ago, Midland Red said:
This is what he posted on the "World Championship Pairs" thread
On 6 June 2018 at 9:18 PM,  Midland Red said: 

So why did you say anything, Philip?

Once again it's a case of "I know something but I'm not telling!"

Keep it shut if you haven't got anything to say in full