British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Newcastle Speedway - Air Fence Team.

We are planning a working party for Sunday 10th September at Brough to carry out some work on the air fence and also washing the fence.

We will be digging out some shale from the base of the 2nd and 4th bends, and pressure washing the fence. Everything is in place, but we need a good sized group to carry out the work. if you can help please get in touch with me by the BSF, FB or my mobile to let me know if you can make it. We intend to start at 10.00am, and finish sometime after lunch. The usual biccies and hot drinks will be provided, and you should need old or dirty clothing. The more the merrier, and the easy and quicker the jobs can get done. It is important that this work does take place as erecting the fence is starting to be a bit difficult.

PLEASE TRY AND HELP US OUT

Remember the Great North Run is on this Sunday, so you might need to change the route you usually come to the track.

Dave Rowland

NEWCASTLE SPEEDWAY

We are working at the track on Sunday 5th Nov starting at 9.30am. The jobs to do are washing and taking the air fence down, and removing the kickboards off the mesh fence. We need a reasonable number of workers so why not pop along and help us out. Don't forget to wear old warm clothing, and there will be hot drinks and biccies available all day. We will work on till it gets really cold so I would anticipate finishing at about 2.00pm. This will continue for about 3 weeks to get it all finished.
Hope to see everyone there.

NEWCASTLE SPEEDWAY

Many thanks to those attended today and work at the track. We set a target to achieve and completed the tasks spot on 2.00pm that was planned. We had a busy small team, supplemented with new man Derrick(thanks), and got all the kick boards removed, sorted and damaged ones destroyed. Bend 1 air fence washed and folded and put away in storage. Bend 2 air fence washed and to be stored next week along with bends three and four to be washed, folded and stored for the winter. A good start, and a few more helpers, we could easily finish all the tasks next week, starting at 9.30am and planning to go on to 2.00ish.

Once again thanks for a very good effort today.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

NEWCASTLE SPEEDWAY

Just a reminder that we will be doing track work on Sunday 12th Nov starting at 9.30am. If you fancy helping us and the club, just turn up with old warm clothing you will be most welcome. No rain forecast, but it will be nippy so better wear a vest. We usually finish at about 2.00pm but if it is too cold that will curtail us working.

We need to fold up the second bend panels, wash the skirts with a pressure washer, and then start on the 3rd and 4th bends washing and folding before storage.

Biccies and hot drinks available free at all day.

Hope to see you there. Dave R.

Edited by Tsunami

NEWCASTLE SPEEDWAY

Thanks to everyone for turning up this morning and putting in a great shift. Unfortunately we had a couple missing for very good reasons but we pressed on with the task. We decided not to work with water seeing it was so cold(forecast feels like -2). This meant we didn't need to wash the 3rd and 4th bends panels, which were going to be rewashed in position before the new season. All the panels are now folded, stored and safe in the container, whilst the skirts have been washed, some discarded and the rest laid out in the pits. Less skirts to replace than first thought, which is good when they are £50 a time to replace.

It was thought we would take 3 weeks, but with a hard working squad we have managed the putaway in 2 weeks.

Jonny to cut the track next week, so all done before the worst weather starts.

Thanks once again, and you know who you can rely on. :P

DAVE R

Do what Lakeside do.

Spend a tenner on cable-ties, and patch up airbags that are 10+ years past their expiry date.

Refs will never give a toss....because they don't even know what they are looking at.

Why? Simply because the SCB has no meaningful directive, within their regulations, as to what referees should even be checking for!

Dispute this?

I challenge the SCB to show me within their regulations where I am wrong.

Cheers (Ex-Machine Examiner and Clerk of the Course, Lakeside Speedway).

Do what Lakeside do.

Spend a tenner on cable-ties, and patch up airbags that are 10+ years past their expiry date.

Refs will never give a toss....because they don't even know what they are looking at.

Why? Simply because the SCB has no meaningful directive, within their regulations, as to what referees should even be checking for!

Dispute this?

I challenge the SCB to show me within their regulations where I am wrong.

Cheers (Ex-Machine Examiner and Clerk of the Course, Lakeside Speedway).

The question then is, would this compromise rider safety?

• Like 1

The question then is, would this compromise rider safety?

NO.

• Like 1