British Speedway Forum
RedcarB123

Redcar V Sheffield 8/9/17

Have no clue on team news , I probably shouldn't make this as early as I have, but oh well, add team news below and any more information thanks

Bears currently at full strength, Tobias currently down to ride although that may change depending on his fitness.

Sheffield will use r/r for Todd Kurtz but otherwise full strength at the moment.

Anyone know the reason why this meeting, or the reverse fixture isn't taking place on the Thursday. Seems strange both Thursday tracks and racing on alternative dates

Anyone know the reason why this meeting, or the reverse fixture isn't taking place on the Thursday. Seems strange both Thursday tracks and racing on alternative dates

Sheffield have seniority over Redcar and Ipswich for Thursday nights, so I would imagine the fixture was scheduled originally for Friday. But like you say, if we aren't racing tomorrow ourselves, it does seem a bit odd, yes!

REDCAR: Ben Barker, Ellis Perks, Jason Garrity, Jonas B Andersen, Charles Wright, Tobias Busch, Danny Ayres.

SHEFFIELD: Josh Grajczonek, Todd Kurtz R/R, Lasse Bjerre, Josh Bates, Kyle Howarth, Jan Graversen, Georgie Wood.

Should be a good meeting with both teams riding well at the moment, think Redcar will edge it unfortunately but with revenge being inflicted on Sunday!

Just seen Josh Bates not riding tonight after a fall at home. Think that will diminish our chances even though flyin' Ryan Douglas will be guesting for him. Josh really put his all into the last meeting up there, even though he was riding Todds bike in his last two races, his effort was incredible.

Lasse Bjerre was missing last time, but will he perform tonight? Think the knee injury he's carrying might hinder him at the STMP more than it does on the bigger track at Sheffield.

Bates will be a miss - he is excellent around the STMP. I enjoy watching Douglas as well aroudn here, but he never seems to get the points his efforts deserve.

Bates will be a miss - he is excellent around the STMP. I enjoy watching Douglas as well aroudn here, but he never seems to get the points his efforts deserve.

Lets hope he doesn't get them tonight.

Fantastic fighting display from the bears

Hope all riders ok

Barker & Wright sensational.

6 points down after 9 to win by 6 ...

• Like 1

Sad to see Garrity so out of touch. Must be looking over the air fix mechanics shoulder too much

Sad to see Garrity so out of touch. Must be looking over the air fix mechanics shoulder too much

Seen you or other post this before. What are you on about?

Had our usual try and spot a sheffield supporter who can applaud an opposition rider game again. Still yet to spot one since the sport returned to Redcar.

• Like 3

Well all good things have to come to an end sometimes and run of 13 winning meetings is a good run.

Congratulations to Redcar on what looks to have been a hard fought win. (take note Cobra).

Had a feeling that this might be the one that would get away from us, but really thought that going into the final 3rd of the meeting that we could maybe just hang on to win, but we faded and Redcar were stronger fair play to them.

Pity that Redcar look as though could well miss out on Play Off place, would be nice to see them in the mix (have to stop this been nice I am from Sheffield).

And finally a message for that Cheeky Cobra, if you come to Sheffield on Sunday come up to the benches on the first bend and say hello to group that I stand with, we will show you same good old hospitality that we show our many friends from Redcar that always stand with us. :t: