British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Kent Wed 6th Sep

BIRMINGHAM: Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Layne Cupitt, David Mason, Tom Bacon, Liam Carr, Jamie Halder, Taylor Hampshire.

KENT: Luke Bowen, Anders Rowe, Ben Hopwood, Dan Greenwood, Jack Thomas, Bradley Andrews, George Hunter.

Maybe the last "serious" (as far as that word applies in this joke sport) meeting of the year before some end of term revalry with Cradley in October. Maybe the last "serious" speedway of an era. Who knows?

I wonder how many will venture out to see it? Let's just hope that the weather holds and that the track has time to dry out as it got a right good soaking today.

To say 3 points are required with Kent picking up nothing is a massive understatement. Very happy with Halder at reserve. Sincerely hope it's not the last competitive meeting at Perry Barr for the Brummies, hopefully there'll be an announcement.

• Like 1

Let's hope this isn't the end, although the deafening silence on the matter so far doesn't inspire confidence.

After all the efforts in resurrecting the club not once but twice, I sincerely hope this isn't the way it ends for the Brummies.

Great stuff from kent, im glad really coz brum been taking the mick with magic mason for weeks.

Kent for me are nearly favs to win the play offs

Guest GiveusaB

Luke Bowen led by example....you could see at the parade that he'd got his team fired up for this one! Apart from the brilliant Liam Carr, Birmingham were out fought in every department.....I cant remember our last home meeting where we didnt manage even one heat advantage ???

Good luck to Kent, hope they can go all the way!

Kent appear to be hitting form at bang on the right time for the play offs and the win over Brum does show the gulf of difference between the two sides as this season has progressed. Both sides have been hit hard with injuries / retirements but with very different outcomes as Kent have definitely strengthened Birmingham have struggled to cope with the long tail and finding a solid replacement for Ritchings.

Certainly cements Kents play off chances whilst ending Birminghams run over the past few seasons. Whilst its nice to have a little variety at the sharp end of the league the biggest hope is Brum will be back and contesting again next season.

• Like 1

One of the "flattest" Brummies performances I can ever remember. Apart from Liam Carr, I don't think any of the riders can look into their pay packets and think to themselves - "yeah, I've earned this". :nono:

Tricky one and certainly no definitive answers to why it was so flat? maybe the question marks surrounding the club dont help?

Jack Parkinson-Blackburn & Tom Bacon have been solid all year but have struggled in the higher tiers and maybe a little fatigued?

Layne Cupitt started the season so promisingly but has tailed off the past few weeks, Jamie Halder was just a guest, Taylor Hampshire isn't ready for NL in terms of equipment, mentality or speed and sadly David Mason has gone out and embarrassed himself again with another lack luster display (or is he dropping his average dramatically for next year?)

Brummies were second best all night and this was the poorest display I have seen from the team (with the 3 obvious exceptions of course) for a very long time. Well done Kent on a thoroughly convincing win, and good luck in the play-off's.