British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Workington Cl Thurs 7th Sept 2017 @7-30pm

Probably pointless starting a thread for this as the forecast is pretty horrendous for Thursday , but in the off chance the weather forecasters have it wrong , it's a warm welcome to the Comets .

We're in a mess , form has dipped , and we have a major injury crisis to the bottom end of the side . Perry and Lunna have no chance and Bewley must be in the extremely doubtful category .

We only beat the Comets by 2 points earlier in the season , so they could come sniffing a victory .

Cook , Proctor and Tommy the tape toucher can push our three heat leaders and after that it's anybodys guess depending on who we can rope in to cover .

But all that might be irrelevent as i'm tipping the rain to win the day .

• Like 1

Unfortunately I think Paulco may be right, forecast for Thursday is horrendous, that may be a blessing in disguise though as we are going through an injury crisis, with 3 of our bottom end injured.

If it goes ahead its Pickering for Lunna and r/r for Bewley. No word on Perry's replacement, choice isnt great though.

If it goes ahead its Pickering for Lunna and r/r for Bewley. No word on Perry's replacement, choice isnt great though.

Sarj fits - I reckon most Worky fans would be happy for him to swap sides 😜
  • Like 2

Sarj fits - I reckon most Worky fans would be happy for him to swap sides 😜

We were there in 2015 and he was not too bad though hasnt progressed beyond reasonable reserve/poor second string in his career. Simon Lambert the only experienced rider I can see who would fit or Liam Carr who may be worth a punt.

We were there in 2015 and he was not too bad though hasnt progressed beyond reasonable reserve/poor second string in his career. Simon Lambert the only experienced rider I can see who would fit or Liam Carr who may be worth a punt.

Simon loves Derwent park, regards it as is 2nd favourite. Sure he would love to guest for Tigers if available. Sorry didn't realise it was at Glasgow not sure about Simon around Ashfield.

Edited by New era Panthers

Fixtures as usual a joke. Weeks off at the height of the summer and now we are left with injury crisis and autumn weather. In the minority but I just want this to go ahead. Seems unlikely atm.

It's quite funny that teams wouldn't come to face us when we had blank dates in the summer cos they would have riders missing and now most teams are being forced to ride in September when the weather is worse and they will have riders missing 😣

• Like 4

It's quite funny that teams wouldn't come to face us when we had blank dates in the summer cos they would have riders missing and now most teams are being forced to ride in September when the weather is worse and they will have riders missing

And we haven't even had a KO Cup meeting this season yet . Just as well they scrapped the league cup or it would be Christmas dinner in the den followed by a double header with a dozen guests and r/r

And we haven't even had a KO Cup meeting this season yet . Just as well they scrapped the league cup or it would be Christmas dinner in the den followed by a double header with a dozen guests and r/r

You forgot michael max dressed as santa and the track staff in reindeer costumes pulling him on a sleigh.

Tommy the tape toucher

Haha. I know you've used that one before but it always cracks me up. :rofl:

It's quite funny that teams wouldn't come to face us when we had blank dates in the summer cos they would have riders missing and now most teams are being forced to ride in September when the weather is worse and they will have riders missing

Our promotion have said exactly the same thing about this situation so if your guy's are saying it also well, it must be right?? :t: