British Speedway Forum
rocketman77

No Aussies In British Speedway 2018

Considering all that Australians have done for British speedway over the years, this post is remarkably ungrateful. And stupid.

Have Done is a long time in the past but what are the current ones doing to damage the sport if they don't get there way.

First and foremost I'd say language and then cultural similarities.

AND they are our ancestral cousins, fought alongside Great Britain in wars, so on and so on. Sad that some of here are so petty to suggest that they are bad for British speedway. Don't think that is the majority view. Just my opinion.

• Like 5

AND they are our ancestral cousins, fought alongside Great Britain in wars, so on and so on. Sad that some of here are so petty to suggest that they are bad for British speedway. Don't think that is the majority view. Just my opinion.

Which wars have any current Aussie speedway riders fought in? :oops:

How are they actually good for British Speedway? I asked this a few posts back and nobody has explained.

You have to treat them as individuals rather than lumping all Aussiea in the same bucket.

We have freedom of speech but that does not absolve you from reprisals for exercising that freedom. I support the riders rights to criticize British speedway and i equally support British speedway's right to take action against them for doing it.

I know for certain that if I post negative comments about my employer on social media, then I am subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.

• Like 4

The highest profile British rider has arguably made more derogatory comments about British Speedway than any Australian currently plying their trade here – should we ban all British riders?

Hes buggered off. And I don't believe every time the track got a little wet, or grippy, or bumpy that he tried to get meetings ended.

Can someone answer me this please, Why do Australian riders who are starting there careers first come to the UK and not Poland,Sweden,or Denmark?

Because Poland etc only want the top guys, it's the British clubs who bring them over and help them learn their trade in the PL and as soon as they get to the top in the British Leagues, that when Poland etc are interested

Hes buggered off. And I don't believe every time the track got a little wet, or grippy, or bumpy that he tried to get meetings ended.

It can be continued onto the current British Champion who does race here who has on more than one occasion commented on the state and ride-ability of British tracks.

I don’t doubt for a second some Australian riders wish to ride in near perfect conditions but to assume the same doesn’t rule re British riders seems slightly deluded to be honest – just as I haven’t heard of the likes of Morris, Masters and Josh Grajczonek continually wish for meetings to be rained off.

The main driver behind the drive to ban Australian riders appears to be because they are of the opinion British Speedway is a bit crap and some of the track aren’t that great – that opinion isn’t exclusive to Australian riders.

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Just needs british speedway to show the likes of Holder, Batchelor,Schlein, etc the door.

Don't select them for any teams = no permits, problem solved.

We don't need the disruption they cause, and I,m sure if an example was made the problem wouldn't be so great in future.

I agree although it's a pity that the shameful actions of a few (most notably Watt, Batchelor, Holder and Schlein) have dragged their fellow countrymen into this debate.

• Like 1

I think it is important not to tar them all with the same brush

Sure there seem to have been issues recently with some of the senior ones and Ward has bascially proved himself to the pr ick alot of people though he was

but when i see the next Generation,Douglas,Frickle,Pickering,Heeps, etc you realy cant fault them at all and conduct themselves in a proper manner so credit due where credit due,with the exception of little Holder,he as treated British speedway and his club in a terrible manner

Edited by montie
  • Like 1

Which wars have any current Aussie speedway riders fought in? :oops:

How are they actually good for British Speedway? I asked this a few posts back and nobody has explained.

Perhaps because without them we would have to promote another 19 or so National league riders and a lot of them are not ready yet, to replace them reducing the quality of our leagues even more.

Get rid of a few rotten apples but do not throw away the barrel.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 4

AND they are our ancestral cousins, fought alongside Great Britain in wars, so on and so on.

That's a silly argument. The Poles also fought alongside us in the war but that doesn't mean we can't criticise the effect the Poles are having on UK speedway now.

• Like 6

No need to ban anyone from Britain as long as they sign a contract saying GB is their priority that season,then we know where we stand,if they want to earn aboard just tell the to go and make a living there.Some riders want their cake and eat it.

• Like 1

Australian Speedway riders have kept uk Speedway going, they are generally better than the uk riders.

Not a clear picture when you say that they are generally better when you compare the financial support and the chances an aussie rider gets compared to a british rider in this country.

Didn't a british promotor also sponsor the aussie national team recently ?