British Speedway Forum
rocketman77

No Aussies In British Speedway 2018

That is correct . but he was living and working for the Trasborgs who just about own Danish speedway , he couldn't have afforded to travel from here to there and back , and couldn't even have rode in the lowest Danish league ,without trasborgs patronage

Don't leave Parker out , 22 seasons and never a hint of disloyalty

I didn't deliberately leave him or anyone else out speedibee - I just tried to pick one Rider from each period of time. :t:

Edited by The White Knight

HOW about we don't ban anyone.

Just let them keep walking all over us. Brillaint.

Could yes - but they may not be able to do so. Would they get Work Permits/Visas like they do here?

Also - see speedibee's Post below - which going to be another of my points.

See above...........

The likes of Leigh Adams, Phil Crump, Jim Airey were great assets to Speedway in this Country as is Josh Grajczonek from today's Riders. Sadly some of the current crop aren't fit to lace their boots. (I have deliberately selected a Rider from different eras to illustrate my point).

Most of the Aussies are OK in my book - but we would certainly be better off without some of them.

Adams, Crump and Airey have all retired I'm not sure how they're any more relevant than someone who fought in a war in the 1940s. Grajczonek would be unfortunate but if its the only way of getting rid of his moaning, disruptive countrymen then he has to be he collateral damage.

Adams, Crump and Airey have all retired I'm not sure how they're any more relevant than someone who fought in a war in the 1940s. Grajczonek would be unfortunate but if its the only way of getting rid of his moaning, disruptive countrymen then he has to be he collateral damage.

Are they all moaners the ones i have met have been decent, and our speedway is in such a mess in this country do you blame them this country without Aussie riders would be a disaster.
  • Like 1

Are they all moaners the ones i have met have been decent, and our speedway is in such a mess in this country do you blame them this country without Aussie riders would be a disaster.

I have to admit that I agree with you Sid. That said the Holders of this world are, to me anyway, more of a nuisance than they are worth.

I used them as an example of mostly good behaviour by Aussies. There are certain Aussie Riders around today that have sullied the reputation built up by those retired Riders. So, in that sense, my comparisons were valid.

One of my best mates is an aussie ex Swindon rider and despite getting rubbish on by various clubs, including our own, you would never hear a bad word from him. Of course he was peed off at points but all kept behind closed doors.

• Like 1

To rocketman77 seeing as I can't quote...not really sure of the relevance,but I think any young Brit could ride in Denmark if they wanted to.If young Aussies can,why do you think young Brits can't? In fact one youngster did a few years back.SamWoods I think his name was, did a season

I think Mark Blackwell did as well late 90/early 00's, and eventually went to live there.

Edited by Tsunami

To rocketman77 seeing as I can't quote...not really sure of the relevance,but I think any young Brit could ride in Denmark if they wanted to.If young Aussies can,why do you think young Brits can't? In fact one youngster did a few years back.SamWoods I think his name was, did a season

Will they supply the brits with vans, bikes, flights and somewhere to live ?

• Like 1

what not even Germans ?

SMOLINSKI wants to ride in GB again next year but only if there is fixed race nights. And he's not even an Aussie, the cheek of it :neutral:

Come off it people. Disliking one or more people for what they say is fine. We are all entitled to our opinion. Banning those same people based on their nationality is a bit strong by anybody's standard. Racist by definition actually.

I've made my feelings about Jason Doyle and his ultimatum quite clear. We'll reorganise British for the benefit of all (or perish) not because one senior rider says a particular course suits him. Equally I have made my feelings about what happened on Meltdown Thursday. I was there and have rarely been more angry in my long life.

Does that mean all Aussies are bad? Don't be daft. Their distinctive competitive nature is to be admired. Although I must admit to some annoyance by their arrogance at times. [Careful Fd, you're into Nationalistic stereotyping].

You see how difficult this is, if you make the effort to be even handed?

There is more at stake here than mere simplistic knee jerk reactions to the ill advised actions of a few riders, be they Aussie or otherwise.

If I was to criticise senior Aussie riders for anything, it would not be for they say or do, it would be for what they are not doing. British Speedway is a great breeding ground for young Aussies (yes even now). They should help to preserve that.

• Like 1

Will they supply the brits with vans, bikes, flights and somewhere to live ?

Not sure about flights,but think most thing like digs etc are provided.The youngsters are/were only 14 or 15 so have to be driven around the country.I think ex rider kristian Lund helps out

Australian Speedway riders have kept uk Speedway going, they are generally better than the uk riders.

Well, that is sort of the same thing as the discussion about whether the chicken or the egg came first.

You could also say/claim that the British riders aren't as good as the Australians because the Australians have pushed the British riders out

and leaving the British riders on the sideline.

We have the same situation in Sweden where teams have no issue bringing in young talents from other countries at the cost

of our own riders getting sidelined. This results in fewer younger riders becoming good -> more foreign riders -> fewer Swedish riders getting

the chance ->fewer younger riders becoming good -> more foreign riders -> fewer Swedish riders getting = a downward spiral.

• Like 1

I think Mark Blackburn ? did as well late 90/early 00's, and eventually went to live there.

Mark Blackwell. Believe he and his dad (Rob?) went on to work for Nicki. Mark tried to sign for a PL team but was told because he'd ridden in Denmark he'd have a 9 point average!

all Aussies are decent blokes , while they are getting something from you or think there may be a chance of , all of them will walk straight past you the minute they are not

Did Smolinski learn to ride here ? just asking because if he didn't then it's hardly a cheek if he doesn't accept what's on offer

Nobody is banning anyone , we are debating how to stop the likes of Doyle using British speedway to train and then turning their backs on it ,

You do talk some crap as i have said before the one's i have met have been decent i dont worry about what other people think you remind me of a real seether.

Thats a new one, Seether . I like that , I take it that's Swindon speak for something . or maybe it's an Aussie thing , whichever it is don't explain and spoil the mystery

You are one big mystery 😅
  • Like 1

We're going to build a fence. A great big inflatable fence.

And we're going to get Australians to pay for it. Bigly.

From now on it's Team GB first, Team GB first.

• Like 1