British Speedway Forum
rocketman77

No Aussies In British Speedway 2018

We're going to build a fence. A great big inflatable fence.

And we're going to get Australians to pay for it. Bigly.

From now on it's Team GB first, Team GB first.

Yep!!

....................... and were gonna make British Speedway great again. :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

• Like 1

Brits are more entitled to slag off our league just as we are entitled to slag off the furniture in our own homes.

It's quite rightly more frowned upon if a guest says the same thing!

I havent a problem with the Aussies riding here generally but I think we need to get away from letting them use the UK as a stepping stone.

Especially when it could be at the expense of our own riders' development.

Brits are more entitled to slag off our league just as we are entitled to slag off the furniture in our own homes.

It's quite rightly more frowned upon if a guest says the same thing!

I havent a problem with the Aussies riding here generally but I think we need to get away from letting them use the UK as a stepping stone.

Especially when it could be at the expense of our own riders' development.

I'm not sure about that. There are plenty of raw young riders in the Polish lower divisions.

Yes. But they are Polish.

So how do you stop them using the UK as a stepping stone other than stop them getting good enough to ride in Poland or getting them to sign something saying they won't decamp to Poland and Sweden should they get the call (which we all know won't hold water)?

ASHLEY HOLLOWAY AFTER DOING A YEAR IN DENMARK WAS ALSO SADDLED WITH A 9 POINT AVERAGE

THE AUSTRALIAN NATION, THE MOST BALANCED NATION ON EARTH

THEY HAVE A CHIP ON BOTH SHOULDERS

What a load of effing rot! Just another outlet for the likes of Speedibee to announce to the works how Australians are all a bunch of mercenaries using The U.K. for there own means..as if anyone would even consider doing so? As for a stepping stone how many Aussies have actually totally deserved the UK? They base themselves here primarily for logistical and economic reasons and if they are attractive enough propositions to Poland and Sweden then good for them but let's face it only Holder has shown the remotest interest in riding abroad only...Doyle knows the score re two race nights here next year and is using his influence to let the BSPA know this and keep reminding them, yeah he lets us know his opinions occasionally but he's in a position to do so these days and let's face it shows far more loyalty to uk than the British number one! Just keep whinging and backbiting if it keeps you happy but my What sad lives some of you lead

I don't have a sad life.

The Aussies are more than welcome to ride here.

But

Don't tell us on which night's we can ride.

Don't abuse our paramedics

Don't abuse our paramedics (duplication deliberate)

Don't push the camera away,

Don't piss off and ride in Poland when your fans expect you to be here. Did I say "expect"? I meant to say contracted to ride here.

Don't lead a walkout when you don't like the track conditions (I spent a lot of money to be there).

Shall I go on?

• Like 6

It's not that long ago that riders from down under were travelling half way around the world to pursue their ambition leaving their family, culture and security behind just to race a motorcycle. many of them lived in the back of their car or van for weeks on end. Phil Crumps first night at Crewe was the back of a van until Maurice had sorted the caravan, Jack Millen spent away meetings in the Moggy van with Cheryl, Janine and at times Jimmy Wells not to mention the effing dog he had.

Australians and New Zealanders were totally committed to British Speedway and there were many who failed just like there were many who succeeded but above all their spirit could never be questioned and by sticking together helped each other.

I cannot and will not condone the actions of a minority of Australians who may have upset the applecart but over the years and certainly in current times for every Australian who has caused a problem I'll find you a Brit who has done the same and certainly when it comes to missing meetings or fake (allegedly) medical notes our P colleagues win hands down.

Banning them is not a solution to any problem because the problem will still be there with the other nationalities that remain but how about persuading UKVI to let more in so that there are enough to plug the gaps and hope that the powers that be manage the rule book more effectively so that everyone (wherever they have come from) flourish and respect British Speedway?

• Like 4

Are you serious let more in ? whats your plan / fill the championship with 7 man Aussie teams . those who make it can turn their backs and bog off to Poland those who don't can just struggle on for a couple of seasons then go home one winter and not come back , meanwhile British riders can go do Motocross while they wait for the supply of journeymen Aussies to dry up .. personally I'm not too keen on that idea . have you got anymore ridiculous ideas you would like to air ?

In your humble opinion of course, why are you such an animal towards other posters?

The Brits do just the same, Poland, Sweden, Denmark not forgetting breaking down on the motorway on the way to meetings. Wherever they come from we need more riders not less.

Next!

Maybe we've been lucky at Belle Vue in recent years with our Aussies, Jason Lyons, Jason Crump and Max Fricke. Certainly my spectator experience would have been a lot worse without these three. Not the slightest bit of bother from any and one so loyal to the club that he is still affectionately known as Mr. Belle Vue and perhaps Mr. Birmingham too. It's a great shame that we never got to see Crumpy at the NSS - now that would have been an awesome sight.

We also have a wonderful Aussie manager in Mark Lemon who does a lot for the club and speedway in general, having been a loyal servant to many clubs over the years.

Not all Aussies are of the same character, or temperament, I know, but it would be really stupid to throw the baby out with the bath water. Just my opinion.

• Like 7

...Crumpy started the exodus for money so no praise for him...

Ryan Sullivan will be so pleased to hear that he's been forgiven and forgotten :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The moment Hans Neilsen binned the British League and rode on the continent the writing was on the wall regardless of nationality. Im no fan of the Aussies in any sport, but cant point the finger just at them. They just happy to whinge more than others...

At King's Lynn, we've had some fantastic Australian riders over the years. Jason Crump, Leigh Adams, Shane Parker, Kevin Doolan (Ricky Wallace :icon_smile_clown:) etc. all served the club well and were incredibly popular with the fans.

The problems come when promoters and riders can't speak to each other in a civil manner and see any point of view other than their own. There's blame on all sides for the events of that night against Poole. If both sides had acted like adults before, during and after; the whole sorry saga would have been avoided.

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 1

Oh yes right he was a world beater before he came to England... Are you for real?

Anyway this is not about Hans, it's about the trend of riders leaving Britain being in place

Edited by RPNYC

At King's Lynn, we've had some fantastic Australian riders over the years. Jason Crump, Leigh Adams, Shane Parker, Kevin Doolan (Ricky Wallace :icon_smile_clown:) etc. all served the club well and were incredibly popular with the fans.

The problems come when promoters and riders can't speak to each other in a civil manner and see any point of view other than their own. There's blame on all sides for the events of that night against Poole. If both sides had acted like adults before, during and after; the whole sorry saga would have been avoided.

Promoters should manage

Riders should ride

Both are a skill

So, yes I am in total agreement with your post.