British Speedway Forum
rocketman77

No Aussies In British Speedway 2018

Hans Neilsen never learned to ride here , that's the difference

Who's Hans Neilsen ?

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

Who's Hans Neilsen ?

A badly spelt version of a Speedway God!

I don't have a sad life.

The Aussies are more than welcome to ride here.

But

Don't tell us on which night's we can ride.

Don't abuse our paramedics

Don't abuse our paramedics (duplication deliberate)

Don't push the camera away,

Don't piss off and ride in Poland when your fans expect you to be here. Did I say "expect"? I meant to say contracted to ride here.

Don't lead a walkout when you don't like the track conditions (I spent a lot of money to be there).

Shall I go on?

Yes keep going :)

Those international riders that have lelt seem to have been rolling along with no problems.

While British speedway have more and more controversy and poor decisions and this equates to problems and reduced value for us the punters. But instead we'll keep blaming outside influences such as International visiting riders and blindly keep a similar administration and.... funny thing, we’ll keep on the downward path. If the places for these riders were managed and contained in a way that young Brits are included and benefitted, all can coexist. But it isn’t managed. So lets blame the aussies, push them and the Internationals away, then finish up our sport here so we can watch decent speedway on television from Poland.

Just wish their tracks were smaller! J

Just wish their tracks were smaller! J

No, we wish our tracks were like a speedway should be,. . used to be be, - , not more and more like a cycle speedway circuit.

Then our riders could mix it with the rest of Europe.

- Belle Vue 415yds, Exeter 433yds, Norwich 425yds, Ipswich 410yds, Crewe 470/430yds, . . I could go on.

• Like 3

No, we wish our tracks were like a speedway should be,. . used to be be, - , not more and more like a cycle speedway circuit.

Then our riders could mix it with the rest of Europe.

- Belle Vue 415yds, Exeter 433yds, Norwich 425yds, Ipswich 410yds, Crewe 470/430yds, . . I could go on.

Warsaw 274.1m, Horsens 272m, Cardiff 272m, Malilla 305m, Gorzow 329m, Teterow 314m, Stockholm 272m, Torun 325m, Melbourne 346m

• Like 1

Warsaw 274.1m, Horsens 272m, Cardiff 272m, Malilla 305m, Gorzow 329m, Teterow 314m, Stockholm 272m, Torun 325m, Melbourne 346m

Half of those are not real tracks;

- Czestochowa 402yds, Rybnik 390yds, Wroclaw 423yds, Grudziadz414yds. . . . .. .

Yes keep going :)

You can ride in the British Championships but don't have the temerity to imagine you're going to Cardiff if you win. :shock:

If people are genuinely worried about the supposed (negative) influence that Australians are having on British Speedway then the best way to counter balance that is to get more Swedes, Poles and Danes to ride over here so you're not overly reliant on one nationality of rider.

......so you're not overly reliant on one nationality of rider.

As in English (sorry British) you mean?

Get rid of those Aussies! They had the audacity to be selected as they only nationality in heat 15 of our Premiership .

Not read the whole thread, but surely there is one very simple solution.

Anyone who needs a visa, MUST sign to say that the British club that sponsors them, will be their priority over any other fixtures, worldwide. Dont sign, no visa. Before anyone says about restrictive trade, etc, Poland do it, so why cant we?

• Like 8

Not read the whole thread, but surely there is one very simple solution.

Anyone who needs a visa, MUST sign to say that the British club that sponsors them, will be their priority over any other fixtures, worldwide. Dont sign, no visa. Before anyone says about restrictive trade, etc, Poland do it, so why cant we?

Priorities isn't always for the rider to decide for themselves. AFAIK there are international rules that says which kind of meetings that has priority.

Scheduled meetings have priority over postponed meetings and national and international championship meetings have an even higher priority.

Priorities isn't always for the rider to decide for themselves. AFAIK there are international rules that says which kind of meetings that has priority.

Scheduled meetings have priority over postponed meetings and national and international championship meetings have an even higher priority.

I think the poster was referring to priority for British meetings when they clash with others and they are on the same footing in terms of international priority. Jack Holder should've rode for PBoro for example, not in Poland.

• Like 1

Banning Aussies on mass is frankly ridiculous. There have been a few well documented issues with certain Aussie riders but don't tarnish them all with the same brush. I agree if their not committed they shouldn't be here, but you can say that about any individual regardless of their nationality.

In the main, Aussie riders have ensured we have enough quality to fill 7 man teams - they made up about 14 of the starting 56 team places in the Top league (25%) and 14 also in the Championship (20%)- so would someone like to explain how we fill 28 team places across two leagues if we ban Aussies !! That's effectively 4 entire teams.

Seriously get a grip people - we will all be watching National league racing in a few years if a few of you get your way.

I'm all for developing British talent but we simply don't put the investment in at Grass roots to attract and support British youngsters. The Young Aussies leave home, travel half way around the world and take a gamble in making it work and for that I take my hat off. Try and put yourself in their shoes for a minute - think about it.

Attitude is everything regardless of your nationality, Promoters need to do there homework but banning riders based on their nationality is not the answer - especially Aussies .

• Like 4