British Speedway Forum
rocketman77

No Aussies In British Speedway 2018

Priorities isn't always for the rider to decide for themselves. AFAIK there are international rules that says which kind of meetings that has priority.

Scheduled meetings have priority over postponed meetings and national and international championship meetings have an even higher priority.

As Perton Wolf says, I am referring to Club fixtures, be that Pairs,4tt Cup and League, plus Riders Championship Finals too.

I would never want to hold a rider back in his quest to better himself, but not at his Club/sponsors expense.

World Champs, Internationals, U21 team or individual are fine.

Edinburgh (& Glasgow) would have been much worse off over the years without a steady flow of Ausy riders

Some Southern based riders (with notable exceptions!) don't want to travel so far North

Both teams have had some great and some not- so- great Ausy lads in our squads and ended up forging amazing friendships with some amazing characters

IMO If you treat people properly you will reap the rewards

Edinburgh (& Glasgow) would have been much worse off over the years without a steady flow of Ausy riders

Some Southern based riders (with notable exceptions!) don't want to travel so far North

Both teams have had some great and some not- so- great Ausy lads in our squads and ended up forging amazing friendships with some amazing characters

A very good point Gr8tscot, and so true.

Brittish speedway would be in poorer state without Australia riders jmo

Not if they conduct themselves in the same manner as Holder & Batchelor. IMO

• Like 2

Brittish speedway would be in poorer state without Australia riders jmo

How?

Nobody would notice any negatives if we did ban them. Yet we'd have less meetings called off. Just what do the Aussies add that would make the league poorer without them? The ability to complain as soon as a track is not dry and snooker table smooth?

Everyone seems to be generalising here. That is wrong.

Some Australians are a positive influence on our Speedway, some are not. I would agree with not employing those who are always moaning as claimed by a few on here - but the others are not guilty by association, they are all individuals and some are great assets to our Sport. Josh Grajczonek has done nothing wrong as far as I know - why should he, or others like him, be treated as pariahs due to he actions of a certain few of their Countrymen..

Those who behave themselves should be welcomed as they bring something different and add colour to our Sport.

Not if they conduct themselves in the same manner as Holder & Batchelor. IMO

they dont though do they and you know it

they dont though do they and you know it

I didn't suggest that they all did.

My point was simply that if any Aussies wish to conduct themselves like Holder & Batchelor did , then British Speedway would be no poorer without them.

• Like 1

Have you some sort of crystal ball to tell you which ones will and which ones won't ,? none of them play up within the first few years only once they are established ,

So once they are established and they 'kick off' - refuse to employ them the following Season. Easy really.

But it won't happen because if a Team finds itself in trouble and needs a top Rider - we all know what will happen.

Don't we?

I will add Berwick to that list. Rich tradition of Australian (and New Zealand) riders in our history. Our greatest rider (IMO) Wayne Brown, Mike Fullerton, Roger Wright, Bruce Cribb, all the way throuh the ages, right up to the modern day, where the likes of Kozza Smith and Kevin Doolan have been big fan favourites.

By the time they are established and "kicking off " that's exactly what they want , if it meant no visa for Poland ,I would accept what you suggest as reasonable but it doesn't work like that does it .

As I said..................................