British Speedway Forum
rocketman77

No Aussies In British Speedway 2018

If the BSPA Banned ALL Aussies that would be a great move forward for british speedway in 2018 .

I had no problem with the older generation of aussie riders as they came here to race and got on with it but the modern day aussies should stay in their own country and race in their leagues on there wonderful tracks if Britain is that bad.

Holder slags off british speedway, Doyle slags off british speedway, Ward slags off british speedway and so does the lesser aussies but they were ALL happy to come here, So its time they were All shown the door.

• Like 1

Another anti-Aussie post on SBF.

Next please...

British speedway already struggles to get a good standard of riders to ride here, without banning Aussie's because they apparently moan to much!

• Like 1

Find me somebody who doesn't / hasn't slagged off British speedway at some point? If everyone who had was banned every stadium would be empty of both riders & fans.

There are plenty of Aussies who don't moan & plenty of other Nationalities that do. Its nothing to do with country of origin its all to do with the individuals.

If riders don't like it then don't ride in the UK. If they continue to moan they will no longer be welcomed by UK clubs / fans.

• Like 4

They banned Swedes in 1974. The following year they were desperte to have them back. And that was when speedway had crowds.

• Like 1

If the BSPA Banned ALL Aussies that would be a great move forward for british speedway in 2018 .

I had no problem with the older generation of aussie riders as they came here to race and got on with it but the modern day aussies should stay in their own country and race in their leagues on there wonderful tracks if Britain is that bad.

Holder slags off british speedway, Doyle slags off british speedway, Ward slags off british speedway and so does the lesser aussies but they were ALL happy to come here, So its time they were All shown the door.

I'm not too worried about criticising the sport, if it's fair and constructive and if we banned everyone who "slagged off" British Speedway every member of the BSF would be banned.

But I'd prefer to see it as, who is it gets meetings called off most? If I asked you to name the top 10 riders who are likely to get a meeting called off? Be full of Aussies. So I'd happy get rid. Who would we actually miss?

Considering all that Australians have done for British speedway over the years, this post is remarkably ungrateful. And stupid.

Such as? I love the blanket, "all that they have done" line that people come out with, but never actual quantifiable examples of things they have done.

The aussies prob cant believe there luck when they land here.

People want to house them, feed them, sponsor them, they are put on pedestals and worshipped by home fans. Have we created the monster?

• Like 8

They banned Swedes in 1974. The following year they were desperte to have them back. And that was when speedway had crowds.

I wouldn't exactly say 'desperate' and many of my friends remarked that it had been one of the best seasons ever, at the time. Many of my friends also enjoyed it on the two occasions when we had one big league. It isn't currently feasible to totally ban Aussies or anyone else but it'd be a good day when all teams were fully staffed by Brits, if it ever came.

The aussies prob cant believe there luck when they land here.

People want to house them, feed them, sponsor them, they are put on pedestals and worshipped by home fans. Have we created the monster?

It used to sicken me when some fans supported their club foreigner in test matches and internationals, booing the British riders and even cheering when they fell.

Aussies and Kiwis have been riding in Britain since 1928 and long may it last.

Holder is lashing out regards the consequences of his actions.

Doyle has already stated he will ride if there is a fixed night .

Can someone answer me this please, Why do Australian riders who are starting there careers first come to the UK and not Poland,Sweden,or Denmark?

Just needs british speedway to show the likes of Holder, Batchelor,Schlein, etc the door.

Don't select them for any teams = no permits, problem solved.

We don't need the disruption they cause, and I,m sure if an example was made the problem wouldn't be so great in future.

• Like 2

Just needs british speedway to show the likes of Holder, Batchelor,Schlein, etc the door.

Don't select them for any teams = no permits, problem solved.

We don't need the disruption they cause, and I,m sure if an example was made the problem wouldn't be so great in future.

Don’t think it would impact either that much…..

Suggesting banning all Aussies is silly. What have riders like Fricke, Masters and Grajczonek ever done to be banned. By all means consider the terms on which Australians are first offered contracts and the appropriate assessed averages but banning those who currently ride here cannot be fair or justified. Holder should be allowed back after his ban and if he does the same again the authorities will no doubt impose a stiffer penalty.

• Like 1

Can someone answer me this please, Why do Australian riders who are starting there careers first come to the UK and not Poland,Sweden,or Denmark?

First and foremost I'd say language and then cultural similarities.

• Like 1